Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband - no landline Ashbourne Co Meath

Options
  • 08-05-2009 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Is there anybody else apart from Ice Broadband in Ashbourne who can give me wireless broadband without a phoneline, decent speeds and no limits?

Our router broke and they sent us out a new one, it won't work unless you put a cable from the laptop from the router into the laptop, wireless my arse! I have 2 networks on my laptop, one private and on public, anybody know how this happened??

I have my system set to pick up the IP address automatically.

Comments

Are Irish Broadband/Imagine any use to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

mrs crilly wrote: »
    Hi all

Is there anybody else apart from Ice Broadband in Ashbourne who can give me wireless broadband without a phoneline, decent speeds and no limits?

You're looking for something that doesn't exist in Ireland.

Wireless broadband means it comes to the home via a non-wired method, and not that it gives you a wireless connection in the home. That's merely a wireless LAN. It sounds like all you need is a decent wireless router, i.e. one that isn't the cheapo piece of sh*t provided by most ISPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Imagine needs a phone line and Irish Broadband is not in Ashbourne. Yes am onto Ice Broadband to get them to change my router again cos the one they gave me is defo defective :mad:

Advertisement