Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom business packages

Options
  • 08-05-2009 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

I have the 7.6mb business package. They have changed the cap last month on their website from 50gb to unlimited. When I check the eircom download stats page It says that I still have a 50gb download allowance. So my question is does anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I wouldn't worry bout it, they don't enforce their limit anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

They might not, but they do reserve the right to do so.
    It's the principal of it, they are advertising unlimited cap.

They might not, but they do reserve the right to do so.
    It's the principal of it, they are advertising unlimited cap.

So do BT, advertise as unlimited cap that is, but they throttle people that go over 100GB per month. Every provider is protected by their small print AUP or FUP and have the right to charge/throttle. Eircom are no different, but they don't (well have never so far) charge/throttle so don't worry about it. Unlimited is never fully unlimited, there's no such thing.

Edit, Even Smart who are well respected here, I've read stories of people being cut off after 1TB of downloading in the month

Yes I have seen the BT website, and it says unlimited subject to fair usage.
    But on Eircom's website, which they have re-designed. They don't have any ' unlimited subject to fair usage', so I'm assuming it is unlimited.

Yes I have seen the BT website, and it says unlimited subject to fair usage.
    But on Eircom's website, which they have re-designed. They don't have any ' unlimited subject to fair usage', so I'm assuming it is unlimited.

There's no such thing as unlimited, there's a limit somewhere and they're covered by something, be it an AUP or FUP. Read the terms and conditions, I bet its in there. I CBA reading it, I just dl as i please as they haven't enforced any of their limits

• Advertisement

Just looked at the acceptable usage policy, It seems to be an old version and it shows the old caps. 50gb for business starter, 100gb for business plus and unlimited for business enhanced.

If anyone else is on the business starter/plus package could you check to see if your download stats page has changed.

Advertisement