Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Galway can I donate electrical goods?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I have fully-functioning, perfect-condition, useful electrical goods that I no longer want such as CD players. I want to donate them to a charity shop, but I'm having trouble finding any that accept electrical goods. Can anyone recommend any in Galway?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

eskimo wrote: »
    I have fully-functioning, perfect-condition, useful electrical goods that I no longer want such as CD players. I want to donate them to a charity shop, but I'm having trouble finding any that accept electrical goods. Can anyone recommend any in Galway?

Thanks!

Most cannot accept them, since to sell them on, they need to be WEEE registered,

Try the Free Stuff section on Adverts.ie maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a pain in the hole getting rid of electrical stuff, even perfectly good working order stuff. I wanted to give a load of computers to charity and they all wanted me to pay them to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

The social space on middle st may take some stuff, they are often looking for bits and pieces. The youth group place (the gaf?) on francis st (I think) too?

If you have a boom box with a working cd player and could work on batteries, pm me and I will take it! I have a friend who JUST mentioned looking for one for a play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Galway Freecycle.

(google it ...)

Yes, you will get loads of emails, some not from charities. But you will get rid of your stuff.

Advertisement