Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help with memory card

• 08-05-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hey, just wondering if anyone could help me. i recently bought a fujifilm finepix j100 camera and no memory card came with it. i had an xd memory card but it dosent seem to fit in the new camera. does anyone know which one do i buy? an sd or an sdhc?? i have no idea!!!does it have to be a fujifilm one??
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Fuji Site wrote:
    The FinePix J100w features an SD compatible slot, allowing the use of either SD or SDHC media to store and transfer your photos.

Any brand will do. Maybe try Sandisk that's what I use with no problems.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

either sd or sdhc should fit. Get at least 8GB .

Buy on ebay direct from Hong Kong for around € 20

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

either sd or sdhc should fit. Get at least 8GB .

Buy on ebay direct from Hong Kong for around € 20

I would disagree with both those statements.

You are better off with a few smaller cards than one big one. Less to lose if you get a corruption issue.

I would not buy cards from ebay from Hong Kong as there are so many fake cards. They may look like a Sandisk but will probably be an el cheapo no brand card. You are better off buying a good quality card from a reputable supplier. I get mine from 7dayshop.com or mymemory.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I just offer my opinion.........I am a happy punter with eBay purchases direct from Hong Kong ...........and I started with smaller cards and I can now tell you it was a mistake .............I have since traded in my smaller cards on eBay and bought a bigger card .......direct from HK and its not a fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ria5000

thanks a million everyone thats a great help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I too have bought a few SD cards off ebay.......less than €20 for an 8gb SDHC class 6 Transend . I've never had a problem with them and at that price you could (and should) pick up a few of them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Dont trust ebay for cards, even ebay says that.

anyway, they're cheaper on www.memoryc.ie & next day delivery

Advertisement