Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sports photography

• 08-05-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭

anyone interested in testing if people are interested in buying pics.

theres two places that I know of this weekend for cup/league finals:

Oscar Traynor Road (Coolock) and AUL Complex (near Airport) ....I will be at the Oscar Traynor if anyone wants to come along (I'll be covering a game or two each day - but will turn up early and stay most if not all of the day)

anyone interested drop me a text/call (+353879595701)
    Cheers
    Paddy C/PCPhoto.ie

MODs - if you want me to remove phone number its no problem - not sure if its against the rules or not

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Are you selling on site to the competitiors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Borderfox wrote: »
    Are you selling on site to the competitiors?

Dont kow if that would work at a soccer match, and they are called players ;)

I may be at the Intermediate Cup Final in Tallaght!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I'm only going along to cover a game or two - not selling on site - but checking if people are interested and checking how much they are willing to pay.

its more market research.

if someone wants to come along and take pics - see if they can make sales from it - and/or see if there is enough interest in prints.

(I only posted 2 places that I know of which could give opportunities for photo sales - the rest is up to the individual photographers)
    I will be going to one of those places (Oscar traynor - should have actually gone there by now but got lazy and stayed on boards all morning)

People will be willing to pay the least amount, I sell 8x10's for €20 with 2 for €30. Different sports expect different prices. I think with soccer the difficulty is showing the amount of pictures per match, take up selling on site can be as high as 30% with this dropping to under 5% for internet site sales

I like your stats (best of my knowledge theres about 500 kids due over the weekend ... if someone has a calculator and can manage 5% of online sales post event approx €20 per image that means I would make a decent amount of money :P)

pity I'm not selling anything.

anyone interested in going to either venue (Oscar Traynor/AUL Complex) - best of luck - dont be afraid to post how much you made - if it was worth your while to go and photograph the games.... I would appreciate if people went and made money that they could tell this thread if they made enough sales to make it worth going or not.

• Advertisement

If it is kids it will be worth your while to cover it, make sure that the amount of pictures coming in is manageable otherwise the Q will get too long and people will lose interest very quickly. Make sure you have loads of cards and that people can navigate the site easily and pay easily.

Personally I prefer to sell at the events as that is where the most money is to be made as its more of an impulse buy.

You can PM me if you need any advice..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Funny that as I'm off to do a match kicking off at three on the Oscar Traynor. It's the under...eh, maybe 12's. Woodlawn V. someone else.
    Odd thing is is that I'm going to be using a camera that I've never used before (Canon 1000D and only with a 28mm-70mm lens, although I'll have my Canon A1 and Olympus Trip 35 in tow). I'll have a half hour to get used to a camera and format I've never even held. Should be a laugh.
    It's only a favour and a laugh for the team. No money...maybe beer. Beer's good payment.

I did the same game .... that no.6 was pretty good wasnt he ?

did you get any decent pics - if you need some let me know.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I did the same game .... that no.6 was pretty good wasnt he ?

did you get any decent pics - if you need some let me know.

He was brilliant I think his name was yazim. Scored a 3 too.
    Well the Canon digital didn't materialise (thankfully) and I just used my Olympus Trip just for some funny close ups.
    As I was there with a team that lost 6-0 I don't think there'll be too many requests fior reminders

Advertisement