Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's becoming of the L.A. in Maynooth?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭

Extension looks pretty extensive from passing by, although the ceilings are curiously low... Anyone know who's taking it over or what it's going to be called?

Have seen job advertisments around the net for Mantra pizzeria and Nightclub? Could that be it? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yeah I assumed it was going to be the pizzeria and nightclub too, gooodbyeeee Fizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

It's now owned by a publican/developer from Waterford.
    don't want to mention his name here, but runs good pubs in Waterford city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

It'll have to be some place to overcome the stigma of being in the same place as that **** hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

It's fizz that's going into the la the glen royal is going to be a 5 star hotel and they have to get rid of fizz

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fergiesarmy

ashisback wrote: »
    It's fizz that's going into the la the glen royal is going to be a 5 star hotel and they have to get rid of fizz

I believe you will find this has nothing to do with the glenroyal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I find that the best way to get rid of fizz is to burp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

I know people who work in the glenroyel and they told me that fuzz is moving that's what people are saying around maynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I doubt the Glenroyal is updating to a 5 star hotel in fairness. With the hotel industry the way it is in Ireland, I imagine there are few hotels investing at the moment. Most just want to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

LA is re opening on July 3 under the new name Mantra

http://www.mantrabar.ie/

Check out the gallery for an artists impression of the interior

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Sam Hain wrote: »
    LA is re opening on July 3 under the new name Mantra

http://www.mantrabar.ie/

Check out the gallery for an artists impression of the interior

It asks you to enter details so that they can send you promotional crap but doesn't require you to enter a real email address ;), I entered the name 'Yeah Right' and made up an email address '****@off.com' and got in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

"Irelands largest garden bar experience"

Flower pots full of student vomit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jane says

Artist rendered mood images. Subject to changes and adjustments.
    Ah, so that'll be some Tesco Value palms and a sprinkler system for the waterfall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

jane says wrote: »
    Ah, so that'll be some Tesco Value palms and a sprinkler system for the waterfall...

lol, I'll remain optimistic :D

If it does look crap, its not exactly going to win people over. Not really in their interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 thepostman

It looks like something from the sims. The designer must be on LSD. Not liking it. And ye i heard that the Jizz is being closed. 5 star hotels cant have night clubs. But the Glenroyal being renovated to a 5 star has been on the pages since before the Ryder cup.
    Doubt it will happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

"Irelands largest garden bar experience"

Flower pots full of student vomit

It's all about creating a smoking area - that's what gets the punters in these days.
    Have a look at this very similar scheme in Waterford
    http://www.harveys.ie/site/about_us.php
    Busiest late bar in Waterford, oh, and also the dearest/ I think a pint of black stuff is €5.30

Advertisement