Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JP Masters Live Updates

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

great final table and great event , well done to all.
    absolutely shocked nolan won it, goes to show literally anyone can take down a big one.
    wd to chris, fran, donal great efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

wp Eamon Hogan, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

WP Chris, hard luck you did not take it down after HU in the IPC aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Congrats Nicky,VWP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Just catching up on updates now

Congrats to Tyler D in the side event. About time that man got a decent run in a big buyin tournie. You seemed to lead from almost start to finish. WP Danny

Well played Danny, nice cash, you played a good tight game,
    (except when you called Rorys re-raise push
    he’ll forgive you eventually :))
    Just wish I’d lasted longer than 3 hands at final table before running my AQs into the chip leaders AA:mad: Still kicking myself!

Congrats to JP and crew for putting on a great weekend of poker and well structured tournaments (e.g. increasing to 1 hour clock in €300 game)
    Would love to see JP putting on a monthly or bi-monthly version of the €300 game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

well done to mick nolan on winning the jp masters..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭cardrooms

Is there a full set of results posted anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

wp Nicky ya feesh :) you are now the complete all round player with a combination of NLH and PLO results on your hendon mob database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭BRUCEPOKER.COM

Congratulations to nicky wp m8 and also chris in the ME .
    A super weekend of poker WD to jp and christine and a big thanks to al the floor staff and dealers . paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pokerbratz

Well done to JP and all his staff for providing a great weekend of poker and craic. Well done also to Micky Nolan for winning the main event, he certainly livened things up with his banter and wit!! congrats to Nicky on the omaha win, cheers Mike @ CPT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

JP Poker wrote: »
    :D Only related to the one. This is dave not JP so dont give him credit for putting in the effort of keeping you updated at this late hour :cool:

Was that not Trevor Mc Goona?....

Congrats JP, it was a fantastic set up. I'm gutted I missed the ME, Semibluff bought my ticket and went on to final table :)

Big congrats to Mick Nolan. Mick's played in loads of my tournaments over the years, was talking to him outside at the Red Cow and he said he had been putting a good bit of study into his game lately, he was obviously reading the right books :)...

Congrats to Nicky too, was obviously gonna take down one of the events :)

Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Delighted with the score sick to go out thou :( i only decided to play the tournie saturday afternoon after hearing people say it was too good a tournie to miss out on, was chipleader for the majority of the tournie so was chuffed to be doing something right.

I got off to a bit of a rockie start some crazy mofo sitting to my left, but got into a groove about an hour in, i got my first double up when i turned the nut flush and after that i was set. Got in one or two sick little pots, with 107 on a 779 board against K7 and rivering the 10 ball and AK vs JJ guy flopped top set and i turned the straight (phew) only really two hands that stick out that i fcuked up on, couple of steals and double barrells here and there, at the dinner break went for a bite to eat with Rory Keogh and we had been talking strategy and hands played, little bit back from break boom Rory gets moved to my immediate left, should of said nothing :P

Two hands nearly back to back done the damage to me and i was gone, flush draw against a pair and missed and then the exit hand pushed A6 on the button SB snap calls with KJ, he flopped top two and that was me done, i did get it in with the best of it so :)

All in all had myself a great weekend, JP and Christine really done know how to put on a show, the dealers were excellent some of the best i had seen in awhile and for sure if i do get the chance i will be back to play again.

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Just catching up on updates now

Congrats to Tyler D in the side event. About time that man got a decent run in a big buyin tournie. You seemed to lead from almost start to finish. WP Danny

WP to the lads in the ME. Semibluff, BIGMICKG and Jackyback. Great going to make the FT.

GL to the boardsies in omahahaha..a few mouths there so should be a bit of banter at least!

Cheers Tony, seem to be getting to the business end of tournies but not seeming to be able to finish them off :( gotta do something about that :)
    DPablo wrote: »
    Well played Danny, nice cash, you played a good tight game,
    (except when you called Rorys re-raise push
    he’ll forgive you eventually :))
    Just wish I’d lasted longer than 3 hands at final table before running my AQs into the chip leaders AA:mad: Still kicking myself!

Congrats to JP and crew for putting on a great weekend of poker and well structured tournaments (e.g. increasing to 1 hour clock in €300 game)
    Would love to see JP putting on a monthly or bi-monthly version of the €300 game

Congrats to yourself aswell, you played really good to come back and get a stack together, i wasnt really paying attention so didnt really see the action on your exit hand, but i was shocked to see it, unlucky.

Yeah i never really like to do stuff like that especially after he had paid for the dinner the night before :o im sure there will be ribbings for awhile but if i wanna win the tournie i gotta make calls like that. (10's are my favourite hand)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

great final table and great event , well done to all.
    absolutely shocked nolan won it, goes to show literally anyone can take down a big one.
    wd to chris, fran, donal great efforts.

lol exactly what i was thinking to myself but didnt want to sound like a sore loser as he knocked me out. unlucky again chris another 2nd! still nice payday. told u to practise ur heads up game mate ;)

great game as always welldone jp and co.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭byrner1

Great weekend of poker had a decent run in ME finished 33rd . A big thank you to JP and all the staff for a great weekend great job as always

Well done to Mark Buckley finishing second in the 300 game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    lol exactly what i was thinking to myself but didnt want to sound like a sore loser as he knocked me out.

it does sound like a sore loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Ollieboy wrote: »
    it does sound like a sore loser.

It doesn't imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

Cant see how Chris wouldn't get sponsored after this, first Bruce tourney in Green Isle and IPC!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Cant see how Chris wouldn't get sponsored after this, first Bruce tourney in Green Isle and IPC!!

good point Chris, wp btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

big well done to eamonn hogan :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SusieD

Well done Mick.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

Really enjoyed this weekend. Was a very well structured tournament that was completely player orientated. All suggestions were listened to throughout the tournament. Well played JP and Christine and all the dealers and other staff involved.

Congrats on the win Micky "fruitcake". Had brilliant craic with him at the table throughout.
    Very impressed by Chris's play first hand and a good guy to boot - unlucky not getn the big scoop.
    Congrats all the rest who cashed, all seemed like gents (except for Jacky of course)

Cheers for the congrats all,

Donal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Not long up and off to run another game tonight in Molloys.

Will post a full list of results tomorrow.

There was no deal done in the Main Event.

1st Micky Nolan €40,000

Have to say it was like a breath of fresh air watching Micky play. Great craic at the poker table, was speaking to him in the bar last night with Scott Gray and was telling us that we was let go after 22 years working there so was delighted for him.

He also mentioned he's thinking about writing a book on his code for winning at poker.

2nd Chris Dowling €25675 (or something very similar)

Chris is on a sick run. Was offered a deal 3 handed when he had only 403k and Eaman had just over 1 million with Micky having the rest but wasn't interested.

Very impressed with his play.

Well done to everyone who cashed over the weekend and thanks for supporting the event, every game was up at least 20% number wise on last year which is a great success in the current time.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped making this a success. All the floor staff Toby, Dani, Andy, Nicola, Dave, Carl and all the dealers who worked long hours. The Hotel for hosting the event, BrucePoker for sponsoring the event, Nicky Power who has been my private consultant these last few months (nice result in the omaha btw), Phil Baker for the back drops which helped jazz the room up and of course Christine for everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭cardrooms

Congratulations on the event JP. Unfortunately I was unable to attend but a few of my club members made the journey and had a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭murph01

Well done JP and crew on a great weekend of poker.
    The whole weekend was flawless and there was a great atmosphere in the Red Cow.
    Delighted with my 16th place finish in the main event just sick about my exit hand late Saturday night.......think it was Mickey who dogged me with his 67 off, every raise he called was "for the craic" :D:D :pac:
    Well done to all who cashed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭RockRory

Well done Jp and Christine and Crew. As always a wonderful tourney and structures second to none.

Had a nice run in the € 300 side event. Must say i found the standard excellent all the way through. Well done to Danny in his result. Sick to go out the way i did but like they say, thats poker. Ran very well on Day 1 was well above average for most of the tourney. One sick suckout with KK. Got a nice double up off Danny with AA againts his AK which put me up to 70K and then managed to work my way up to 103k at the end of the Day.

Felt good coming back for Day 2. Was card dead all day but managed to keep my stack the same into the money. After the break picked up my only hand of the day AK and am out 10 seconds later. Boom Boom

Really happy with the way i played for most of the tournament and was very impressed with the stardard of play from the start.

Second Pauls suggestion of making this a regular game for Jp.

Well done to Danny (Can't fold Pocket Pair Prefolp ) Maxwell. Both Pauls for nursing short stacks to the final table and Phil Baker for another deep run.

Super weekend of Poker, Cant wait for the next.

WHY DIDN'T YOU FOLD :D:D:P

You know you would of called if you were in my spot :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

JP Poker wrote: »
    Chip Counts on Final table

Danny Maxwell 252.5k
    Gerard Morgan 221k
    Barry Mc Philip 108k
    Paul Hanley 94k
    Mark Buckley 380.5k
    Paudie "Local Legal" Kelly 60.5k
    Paul Burke 42k
    Rob Whybrew 88.5k
    Phil Baker 142k Best Irish Player 2009

This is so true:D But after Lorraine's (my better half) great run in finishing 5th in the 150...... I'm not even the best player in the HOUSE now!

Well done JP, Christine, Toby and all the staff over the weekend, great event, well run (thank god no bank holiday weekend, i'd be back in hospital).

Highlight: Bomber on the omaha Cash table first night
    Lowlight: Bomber on the cash table final night.. you sucky fish!:)

Best makeover of the weekend ... goes to JPJ 'JP Junior' Dave, aka 'Steve' (private joke) for his JP lookalike appearance as the TD for the 300 game. JP and Christine must have had tears of pride as they saw their little one strut his stuff in his JP shirt,
    Well done again!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Iceman78

Rumour has it that Bomber was giving out some serious lessons on the Omaha cash table on friday night!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭AKDK

westlife wrote: »
    [/B]

This is so true:D But after Lorraine's (my better half) great run in finishing 5th in the 150...... I'm not even the best player in the HOUSE now!

Well done JP, Christine, Toby and all the staff over the weekend, great event, well run (thank god no bank holiday weekend, i'd be back in hospital).

Highlight: Bomber on the omaha Cash table first night
    Lowlight: Bomber on the cash table final night.. you sucky fish!:)

Best makeover of the weekend ... goes to JPJ 'JP Junior' Dave, aka 'Steve' (private joke) for his JP lookalike appearance as the TD for the 300 game. JP and Christine must have had tears of pride as they saw their little one strut his stuff in his JP shirt,
    Well done again!

Thanks Phil but This "JPJ" thing is starting to spiral out of control :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

AKDK wrote: »
    Thanks Phil but This "JPJ" thing is starting to spiral out of control :p

Shut it Junior:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭AKDK

You looked like a pack of campinos on the last day so you cant say anything candy cane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Poker.inthe.Pub

Nice 1 Mick Nolan a great result for North Dublin (Swords) Poker from Damo , Kevin and Ger and all the lads at the best value game in Swords @ POKER IN THE PUB ,the Manor Inn Swords and O'Conners Ballyboughal.:p

Advertisement