Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who are these new starts then?

• 08-05-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Simple question. We've seen quite a few threads about this lately. What do you see WWE's main event scene being in 3-5 years?

I can see

MVP
    CM Punk
    Tyson Kidd
    John Morrison
    The Miz
    Jack Swagger
    Seamus O Shaunasy

Some of these are wishful thinking but I'm sure there's more I can't think of. That's just who I see being added to the main event status. You'll still have your Orton's, Edge's, Hunter's, Cena's and Batista's (hopefully he'll retire).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Randy Orton's clone Ted will be pushed very hard in the next few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Randy Orton's clone Ted will be pushed very hard in the next few years.

Ah yes, he was the one I forgot. Also I would have said R-Truth until
    Mike "will mount to nothing" Knox squashed him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mike Knox........... as an outside bet

Ted is a good shout.

As OP(make that V) mentioned Swagger, Morrison and Punk. Evan bourne and kofi kingston could develop well in 3 to 5 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Evan Bourne and Joe Henning could be added to that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Joe Henning is one that slipped my mind.

I just don't see Matt Sydel being a main eventer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

no but he will reach Rey Mysterio level almost imo or atleast has the potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Joe Henning could be added to that list

Aren't we getting a little bit ahead of ourselves here? Hennig (not Henning) hasn't even been called up to the main roster yet! I've seen some of his FCW stuff and yes, he has great potential but you can hardly say he'll become a upper card player on one of the brands when he hasn't actually made it to ANY of the brands yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

OrtonViper wrote: »
    What do you see WWE's main event scene being in 3-5 years?

Edge
    Orton
    Jericho
    Cena
    Kurt Angle
    John Morrison
    Jeff Hardy
    Swagger

Really don't see it in Ted DiBiase, too generic

Bubs101 wrote: »

I dunno I get the feeling Ted will be pushed to the moon they seem quite high on him.

Another ousider

A man who was a class amatuer wrestler. Highest pin record in high school, a college win record. Good talker, great condition. Good height, five years of WWE training.

He survived the spirit squad, being chavos caddy and a suspension.

Nicholas Theodore "Nick The Natural" Nemeth aka Dolph Ziggler.

• Advertisement

Edge

He is generic, thats not helped by him being pushed a blandy orton clone. We won't know his real chances till he breaks out by himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

DM-ICE wrote: »
    He is generic, thats not helped by him being pushed a blandy orton clone. We won't know his real chances till he breaks out by himself.

Yeah but we already saw him as bland guy on mic who steals tag partner before he even got with Orton. I much prefer Cody but I don't see any of them as stars yet and I predicted the rise of the Miz. I can tell these things

I really liked that other guy. He was on ECW for a little while before getting released. Can't think of his name off hand. He was in OVW as Shawn Spears (I think he was Gavin Spears in ECW?). I seen him a little on youtube and thought he was good in ECW. I reckon he'll make a return in future and become a Swagger.

3-5 years though. I dunno if there'll be huge change. I reckon Kane, Taker, HBK and Batista will all be history. I'd say Triple H will still be an upper mid-card act. Punk, MVP, Orton, Edge, Christian will be main eventers. I'd say Mickie, Melina and Beth will still be around.

Big Show will probably be an on-screen character/manager. Rey will be in an office job or something, working with something mexico/spanish related. So long as he's alive, Hogan will still make appearances here and there.

Viper, you should've made this one of your games. One person names a wrestler, and the next replies saying what they think that wrestler will be doing in 5 years ;)

Yeah but we already saw him as bland guy on mic who steals tag partner before he even got with Orton. I much prefer Cody but I don't see any of them as stars yet and I predicted the rise of the Miz. I can tell these things

In fairness to ted he was pretty raw at that stage. He was in wwe developmental for less than a year at the time and at the moment has less than 4 years training under his belt.

In the legacy shane segement at the end or raw it was ted making all the noises egging on blandy and showing emotions while cody was very low key.

Almost forgot he in the marine 2. So WWE must hold him in high regard to put him in a movie role so soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the correct answer is nobody knows, in march 2002 the likes of lesnar, orton, cena and batista hadn't even debuted but by 2006 they were all stars or had been stars, lesnar became a star but his tag patner ron H2o waterman never made it to tv

nobody can tell the future, the wwe might push someone to the stars ala lesnar and lashley and they f**k off and do something different, some of those guys listed might be dead in 5 years, in 5 years samoa joe or some other tna guy could be the biggest star in wwe, we just don't know

just reading an old issue of powerslam the other night from april 1998
    "Triple-H showed once again that while hes a reasonable grappler he simply does not possess the intagibles to be a main event player. As mike tyson and justin credible have proven, anyone can crotch chop"

well he got that right :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Those guys slagging off Ted Diabiase obviously have little or no clue about wrestling. The guy carries himself like a champion and has in-ring abilty of a wrestler far beyind his years. Ted Jr is AWESOME.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I really liked that other guy. He was on ECW for a little while before getting released. Can't think of his name off hand. He was in OVW as Shawn Spears (I think he was Gavin Spears in ECW?). I seen him a little on youtube and thought he was good in ECW. I reckon he'll make a return in future and become a Swagger.

He was actually regarded as the most talented guy in developmental for a long long time, but the feeling was always that he was too small to make it big in WWE

DiBiase has got talent and presence, but I can see where the "generic" people are coming from. He's the guy with the kneepads who follows Orton around. He'll overcome that though, he's not a guy who WWE will give up on

Fozzy wrote: »
    DiBiase has got talent and presence, but I can see where the "generic" people are coming from. He's the guy with the kneepads who follows Orton around. He'll overcome that though, he's not a guy who WWE will give up on

Look how generic Orton was when he started! Fast-forward a few years and see how he has developed in terms of his character. Like DiBiase, Orton always had the talent (in-ring, mic skills, natural charisma, good understanding of wrestling pyschology) to make it and the gimmick eventually fell into place. Same will happen with DiBiase, it will be a travesty if it doesn't!

Cody Rhodes has the potential imo to be the best small-man heel since HBK. At the moment, nobody feeds a comeback like Cody in WWE. All he needs to do is add to his persona to make him a top heel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Look how generic Orton was when he started! Fast-forward a few years and see how he has developed in terms of his character. Like DiBiase, Orton always had the talent (in-ring, mic skills, natural charisma, good understanding of wrestling pyschology) to make it and the gimmick eventually fell into place. Same will happen with DiBiase, it will be a travesty if it doesn't!

Cody Rhodes has the potential imo to be the best small-man heel since HBK. At the moment, nobody feeds a comeback like Cody in WWE. All he needs to do is add to his persona to make him a top heel.

ortons association with HHH and flair got him over though as it did batista, foley worked like a dog to get orton over too. so far it doesn't look like rhodes and dibiases assocation with orton will get them over to that extent, i see more resemblance between the edgeheads than i do evolution, neither ted nor cody is booked strong

ted jr does have a great passion for the business so that may stand to him

If this thread was two years ago Kennedy would have been all over the thread, how things have changed. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Who do I see in WWE's main event scene being in 3-5 years?

HHH
    John Cena
    Evan Bourne
    John Morrison

rossie1977 wrote: »
    ortons association with HHH and flair got him over though as it did batista, foley worked like a dog to get orton over too. so far it doesn't look like rhodes and dibiases assocation with orton will get them over to that extent, i see more resemblance between the edgeheads than i do evolution, neither ted nor cody is booked strong

While I agree that Rhodes and Dibiase's association with Orton is not as effective as evolution regarding building new stars, I think it's far more effective than the Edgeheads. I think it needs to be given time though, particularly time when Orton holds the WWE title and if you believe what you read, it would appear that Orton is going to get an extended run with it. You must remember that when Evolution was around, Trips was champ alot of the time.

I also feel that Legacy could do with a 4th member, an already established main eventer. With talk of Batista turning heel, there is a possibility that he may align himself with the group at some point.

Regarding the Foley factor in getting Orton over, yeah that's very true. I would imagine that someone with credibility would be prepared to do something similar for Dibiase or Rhodes in the future.

Advertisement