Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Re-Install Mega Problem

• 08-05-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Laptop running really slow, and lots of things not working, so I re-installed Vista. It runs fine until Windows started to update to SP1. It was installing it for the last 5 hours, laptop crawling along and it was only half way through.

As I started typing this it just jumped into safe mode, then black screen, then safe mode again, so I cancelled the SP1 update and its gone back to regular mode.

What am I doing wrong? Should I format the hard drive before I install Vista? When I installed it I had an option of er.. a partition and another area which had alot less space available (forgive me - I don't know the correct terms) so I opted for the partition bit.

The Windows Update just started automatically, there was no "Later" option.

I think its DYING! :eek: Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭sandleman1979

Hi,
    Best bet would be to try and make your own Vista install media with SP1 integrated.
    Goto this website and download the application
    http://www.vlite.net/
    If you have the original install media, and the Service pack download, this application will make a new ISO image to burn to DVD which will have SP1 integrated.

It does mean you will have to re-install windows...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks for that, I'll have a go.

I switched on laptop this morning and after a bit of start-up it went to a black screen. So I re-installed Vista (again), formatted the partition first, unchecked automatic windows updates while it was installing (assuming I can switch them on again later), and its going fine.

I have downloaded NOTHING yet, I'm afraid to.

Do I need SP1? Although its hardly that which is causing the problems is it?

I'll try to download AVG now and see how it goes. [nervous emoticon]

Advertisement