Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptopsdirect.ie

Options
  • 08-05-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi
    Ok I know there are a bazillion threads about this lot but my situation is this:
    tried to order off them twice, both times they took my order and then they had to cancel both times because they didn't actually have either laptop I ordered in stock (I chose something different after the first time).

One of their agents recommended me to cancel the order altogether, and then cancelled it for me - fair enough.

But the problem is they charged me for the laptop, then refunded me, but left me short about 10 euros.

It was all done on the same day, so it wasn't exchange rate.

Also the real issue is that they didn't have the things in stock, so even if it was due to the exchange rate it doesn't matter because they shouldn't have charged me at all. Nothing was sent out.

I emailed them about this but got a very curt response saying they had refunded the amount they charged me, which just isn't true.

I am considering taking this further if not sorted out - who should I contact? Ombudsman? Small claims court?
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

€10 to learn a life lesson is very cheap, forget about it...move on. (and avoid Pixmania too :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

I know but I would prefer not to let them away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops, this is definitely more of a consumer issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ring bank - charge back for the full amount - avoid Laptopsdirect for ever and ever.

elara.ie for laptops, would be my recommendation.

can you do that?
    I have the credit card statement to prove it, they've taken more than they've put back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

can you do that?
    I have the credit card statement to prove it, they've taken more than they've put back.
    yes of course you can do that as your bank obviously offers some protections when buying items online etc. this shower are leaving you out of pocket while not providing any product or service so you are entitled to a full refund!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

such scumbags.
    i was planning on buying off them but defo not now.
    Sound like a shower of cowboys!

Hi Tiesto
    I ordered off them before and they delivered ok. But it seems like they do not always have the stock that they say they do, charge you anyway if they're out of stock and then don't refund you.
    So you're taking a big risk - I'd say stick to our own, elara or somebody.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

radioactiveman, Even if they refunded you the same minute you could be affected by the exchange rate. There are two different rates. Find out if they refunded the full sterling amount and then call the credit card company to either fix the exchange rate adjustment or chargeback if they did not give you the full amount.

Advertisement