Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile broadband/laptop from carphone warehouse?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Ok well i do a lot of video, and photo editing, and i think its time i get a laptop...but im poor :P

So i was watching T.v and an ad came on and was about the deal that if you sign up to carphone warehouse 3 broadband for 24 months u get a laptop...can someone give me some details on this.. anything at all that you know about it? Im from Dublin if it matters

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Mister Man wrote: »
    Ok well i do a lot of video, and photo editing, and i think its time i get a laptop...but im poor :P

So i was watching T.v and an ad came on and was about the deal that if you sign up to carphone warehouse 3 broadband for 24 months u get a laptop...can someone give me some details on this.. anything at all that you know about it? Im from Dublin if it matters

Cheers

From my own experience....3 broadband is terrible (Don't get me started on The Carphone Warehouse). I had nothing but trouble with it, no signal, modem/dongle thingy "not found". Phone 3's "support" number in Outer-Mongolia (or wherever it is) and you will get the standard reply of.....

1) Restart your laptop
    2) Un-install then re-install the 3 software

It was just a nightmare so I switched to O2 and it's been fine since. My niece bought a 3 dongle for her laptop (despite my advice not to) because it was the cheapest and now it gathers dust on a shelf because it never works for her (no signal).

I think there is a huge thread on here about the 3 network and all the woes they have caused. If I find it I will post the link.

Edit: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306 There you go.....over 400 pages of misery.

Advertisement