Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice 4 website

Options
  • 08-05-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

Hey

Im self-employed and need to set up a website, ive bought the domain name but thats it.

I need to get info on hosting and building the site, where to go and who can help.Also how much i need to be budgeting for this? the less the better as money tight.

I only need a 3/5 page website and its only for advertising my services

Can anyone help????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

get a hosting provider who supports php and mysql, I use rimuhosting.com, theyre very good. then just download either wordpress or drupal, install as per instructions, and u have an out of the box content managed website! Very easy and lots of resources online to help u..

Let me know if u need any more info. No point in hand holding u if u are determined to run this urself. U gotta learn the hard way, we all did! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bob1163

If you look around you should be able to get a 3 to 5 page website from about €250 some sites will do it for less but charge you about €20 a month on top of the design fee.
    Regards Muiris
    muiris@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What business are you in, and what market are you aiming at? Depending on those there's quite varied solutions. Also, what's your own technical experience and how much time have you allocated to setting up the site on your side of things.

Advertisement