Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hollow Core cost

• 09-05-2009 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all,

Im lookin for the price of HC flooring for up stairs in my house.

anyone have any quotations lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭wardwil

Hi I just got hollowcore into the house for a 2800sqm house. I got the hollowcore fo 30 per sqm.

PM me if you want the name of the company.. they are based in Galway. The hollowcore is the best I have seen.... there is not even a visual bow in it which I was led to believe is usually visable. To be honest it is very good. Vey happy with the product and company were in and out with in two hours.

Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 The Banks Home

Was at the Expo in galway today, and was quoted 27 to 28 lol . . .:D a msq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

wardwil wrote: »
    I got the hollowcore fo 30 per sqm.
    Best of luck

I assume that was plus VAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

wardwil wrote: »
    Hi I just got hollowcore into the house for a 2800sqm house. I got the hollowcore fo 30 per sqm.

PM me if you want the name of the company.. they are based in Galway. The hollowcore is the best I have seen.... there is not even a visual bow in it which I was led to believe is usually visable. To be honest it is very good. Vey happy with the product and company were in and out with in two hours.

Best of luck
    When quoting details + prices like this it would help if the thickness of the core was given as well as if there was a need for any structural screed.

The bow to which you refer is caused by the pre-stressed cables that are fitted as reinforcing. For the same loading:

A thinner section can be achieved with a higher level of tension which will produce a more appreciable curve and a structural screed may be required.

If the section is deeper then less tension is required and thus less of a bow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭wardwil

Yeah Carlow52 your right... thickness is key. Price was 30 per sqm + vat. 150mm is what we have in it.

I could get the hollowcore for 27 + vat but was advised by engineer to stay away from a couple of sources.

I was at the show as well and it was very poor. The price war is definitely on and the suppliers are still chancing their arms. I went up to a stone supplier who I had already contacted prior by phone to ask pricing on cills. I pretended I had no clue what the stone was ( granite ) and that told them we had just started looking. As him how much it was and he said €80 per lm. I told him straight away, " thats funny as we are getting it as 42. He opened up the pricing chart, keeping it concealed, and told me he quoted me the wrong price and that is was 45.

Be careful out there... they are chancers and if they think you are green around the ears they will roast you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭poochie2009

Wardwill,
    What was the name of the hollocore company in galway.im going building next month in galway so it would be of great help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭fuchia

Could you PM me also as I will need hollowcore in the next few weeks. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

i work for this company and they supply alot of hollowcore to the residential market.
    http://www.oranprecast.ie/selfbuild.htm

Advertisement