Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

CKWPORT wrote: »
    can ye join private chat or a party?

if not, it could be your nat settings

More than likely its one of your NAT settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Smegball just hammered me 9 :o O,

Fair play,

Quick question, is it up to the home team to supply the match result?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Axwell wrote: »
    More than likely its one of your NAT settings.

How do ya check/change nat settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Smegball just hammered me 9 :o O,

Fair play,

To be fair there was alot of jammy goals, the own goal was really unlucky!

• Advertisement

Smegball wrote: »
    To be fair there was alot of jammy goals, the own goal was really unlucky!

Shocking own goal but well beaten,

Ill have to tighten the defence for the home leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

HokenPokem are you playing games tonight, have tried sending you a game invite a few times, it says you are online?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yup. Played you and livelyjojo tonight. Man utd and Man city. Not a good night for the mancs :D.

Can't play my third game as Real madrid hasn't joined the league yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey whats the story with playing games outside of your fixtures?

I wasnt scheduled to play garball but he sent me an invite but we quit at the jersey selection stage. I take it this is a no no as it would mess up the league structure?

For some reason because we quit at that stage I was given a 3-0 win over garball but we never made it past jersey selection so its void. The 5 games against each other is to cover void games i take it as we only play each person twice?

The league table is already wrong after 4 hours lol as ive only played town man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

joe123 wrote: »
    Hey whats the story with playing games outside of your fixtures?

I wasnt scheduled to play garball but he sent me an invite but we quit at the jersey selection stage. I take it this is a no no as it would mess up the league structure?

For some reason because we quit at that stage I was given a 3-0 win over garball but we never made it past jersey selection so its void. The 5 games against each other is to cover void games i take it as we only play each person twice?

The league table is already wrong after 4 hours lol as ive only played town man.

All matches played ahead of their date will be voided.

Yes, each league is down for 5 games tocover disconnections etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Im up the north until sunday evening so ill be on after 8 on sun to get my games underway.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    All matches played ahead of their date will be voided

Can the in-game table be scrubbed of the result by yourself? Obviously it won't matter because the tables are on boards...but for clarity it would be nice if they matched up.

Either way, i'm top after my two wins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Disaster strikes! My xbox may be done in. I'll know in the next day or so. I got 3 red flashing lights in the top left, bottom left and bottom right corners. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything but nada. My xbox turns on but nothing shows up on the tv and the 3 red lights keep flashing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Moiph wrote: »
    Disaster strikes! My xbox may be done in. I'll know in the next day or so. I got 3 red flashing lights in the top left, bottom left and bottom right corners. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything but nada. My xbox turns on but nothing shows up on the tv and the 3 red lights keep flashing.

and so itbegins...

sorry tio hear that. I reckon we will get 2-3 more RRODs during the league!

Have to say, I've had my elite for two years and never had a problem with it. Granted, the newer ones are less likely to RROD but I DO think that most of them red ring because they are on their sides. They should be laid flat. Its much better.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Right I can see this being a regular problem so maybe FG will put it in the stickied thread.

If you are sending an invite to someone send a message first to say if its a league or practice game, both are running and the last thing you want to find is you were messing about with tactics thinking it was a practice to found out it was a league match..or to see if they even want a game at all. Don't send 2 or 3 invites to a game every 20 seconds.

Also if you are going to send them an invite maybe also at least look at their profile and see are they in a game, theres nothing more annoying than being in a league game trying to concentrate and gettting constant messages and invites from the same person popping up on the bottom of the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Right I can see this being a regular problem so maybe FG will put it in the stickied thread.

If you are sending an invite to someone send a message first to say if its a league or practice game, both are running and the last thing you want to find is you were messing about with tactics thinking it was a practice to found out it was a league match..or to see if they even want a game at all. Don't send 2 or 3 invites to a game every 20 seconds.

Also if you are going to send them an invite maybe also at least look at their profile and see are they in a game, theres nothing more annoying than being in a league game trying to concentrate and gettting constant messages and invites from the same person popping up on the bottom of the screen.

Just edit the invite to say practice league before you send it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bazzawa

Hi, when is the qualifying league for season 5 going to start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Noticed there last night that the inside of my fifa disc is in bits. Lovely.

Turned on my 360 this morning and the colours were f*cked. Lovely.

Both seem to be working for the time being at least though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Considering he won his last two games 9-0 and 5-1, losing 3-0 to Smegball wasn't too bad a start:P

Got blitzed in the first 30 mins. with a horrible keeper touch leading to the first one and quickly conceding the other 2. Then when i went more attacking i came a bit more into it but it was a well deserved win tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

playa3 wrote: »
    Considering he won his last two games 9-0 and 5-1, losing 3-0 to Smegball wasn't too bad a start:P

Got blitzed in the first 30 mins. with a horrible keeper touch leading to the first one and quickly conceding the other 2. Then when i went more attacking i came a bit more into it but it was a well deserved win tbh.

I thought the 3-0 flattered myself if I'm being honest, the first goal was just really unlucky on your part, you had the majority of the ball and played the better attacking football, you were always very dangerous only for a few last ditch tackles or saves.

Good game.

quick question....how long do players have before they get kicked for going awol? Just thought it was odd that several players still havent joined the league yet....including my third week one opponent. It would suck if they never showed up tbh. seventeen was a grand number for the league. Maybe somebody should pm em or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Kirby wrote: »
    quick question....how long do players have before they get kicked for going awol? Just thought it was odd that several players still havent joined the league yet....including my third week one opponent. It would suck if they never showed up tbh. seventeen was a grand number for the league. Maybe somebody should pm em or something.

Relax there!! It was only opened on Friday evening!! They'll be along shortly!

Gone awol?? lol..your third week 1 opponent...are you having a laugh. Within not more than 24 hours of the league starting and you are on about people getting kicked for not being on to play when you want? Some people go home for the weekend, some only play in the evening just give them time. No one will be pmming or something anyone anytime soon. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yeah dude relax a bit. There's until next Friday to get your games played.
    This is the fastest I've seen any league start up and I was astonished that everyone picked their teams by the deadline so I'm sure all will sign up in a few days.

Chill Winston Chill...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Whens qualifying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can't wait this started and get on my quest for dominance with Hull :D

Players who need to play me I'll be on tonight and tomorrow night.

GT: Ben SFC

Within not more than 24 hours of the league starting and you are on about people getting kicked for not being on to play when you want?

Bit dramatic there mate. It was a question.... ye know....as in looking for an answer. I never asked for anyone to be kicked If you read what I said. :rolleyes: "ZOMG he is asking about the rules of the league11!!!11111"

I never asked for anyone to be kicked If you read what I said. :rolleyes: "ZOMG he is asking about the rules of the league11!!!11111"

Eh line one of your pevios post.."how long do players have before they get kicked for going awol?" - so you consider them awol when they havent joined the league after 24 hours or played their games with you even though they have a week? "ZOMG" What are you 12?? I know FG has dropped the entry age requirement so maybe you are :D

Also there is a rules thread at the top stickied. As i said people go home for the weekend or work, or have exams coming up or whatever the reason may be, im sure they will be on at some stage during the week. If you dont see them by Wednesday send out a search party...;)

• Advertisement

Eh line one of your pevios post.."how long do players have before they get kicked for going awol?" - so you consider them awol when they havent joined the league after 24 hours or played their games with you even though they have a week? "ZOMG" What are you 12??

So by your logic if I ask what the punishment is for streaking......it means I'm planning on doing it. :rolleyes: No, I dont consider those players awol. I never stated that. I asked how long do they have before the admin considers them so. There is a difference. Perhaps you should've paid more attention when studying reading comprehension when you were 12. ZOMG! :D

Advertisement