Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kirby wrote: »
    So by your logic if I ask what the punishment is for streaking......it means I'm planning on doing it. :rolleyes: No, I dont consider those players awol. I never stated that. I asked how long do they have before the admin considers them so. There is a difference. Perhaps you should've paid more attention when studying reading comprehension when you were 12. ZOMG! :D

You also said maybe someone should pm so obviously you were a bit ahead of yourself there considering how short the league is running. Its good to see you are enthusiastic but its verging on stalking if you want to pm them to ask why they havent joined to play their match against you :D

Anyways case closed..there will be no pmming them as im sure they will join shortly. If they havent by Wednesday feel free to ring the gardai and report them as missing. :P

ps no one wants to see you streaking in the league thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

the league would be well graced by the exhibition of my flabby ass thank you very much. :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

the league would be well graced by the exhibition of my flabby ass thank you very much. :p

Well everything has to be passed through FG so send any pics you want to him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

quick question....how long do players have before they get kicked for going awol? Just thought it was odd that several players still havent joined the league yet.....

Uh, AWOL?

Just because you haven't joined the league 5 mins after its started doesn't mean you aren't going to play. Especially after everyone has picked a team and played in (at least) one season before now. People have plans for the weekend. Take it easy.

Christ lads, talk about an over-reacion to a simple question. :eek: Take it easy. spanish inquisition over a simple comment.

I asked a few days ago about how lax timekeeping was. Its a few pages back. FutureGuy responded saying its important for people to play matches in a timely fashion. I wanted to know how long a person had. There is nothing sinister about it. Lighten up, jaysus. :confused: This is all supposed to be in good fun after all.

• Advertisement

In a timely fashion means getting the 3 games played that week. You came on saying maybe we should pm people that havent joined to hurry them up because you still have to play your third game of the week, that was on Saturday..the league only started Friday evening. The weekend isnt over yet and theres 5 more days for people to join and play their first games. Most of the people in the league are people that have played before with us and we know they will join and get their games in. Thats why everyone is telling you to relax.

Christ lads, talk about an over-reacion to a simple question. :eek: Take it easy. spanish inquisition over a simple comment.

A couple of comments asking you to be a bit more patient is hardly a "Spanish inquisition". You asked a question, we answered.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    A couple of comments asking you to be a bit more patient is hardly a "Spanish inquisition". You asked a question, we answered.

whatever man. The question was answered, the topic was closed and you felt the need to saunter in and re-open it and just state what had already been said adding nothing new....just to criticise me. Less of the mini-modding would be nice. The matter had been closed and there was no need to clog the thread further.

whatever man. The question was answered, the topic was closed and you felt the need to saunter in and re-open it and just state what had already been said adding nothing new....just to criticise me. Less of the mini-modding would be nice. The matter had been closed and there was no need to clog the thread further.

Eh thats what you are doing..mini modding..telling us to pm players that havent joined yet so that you can play your games...or if they dont join how long before they get kicked. You are new to the league maybe just sit back chill and enjoy playing in it.

The question has been answered..the case is closed...

There is no need to reply to this and clog the thread further as you said.

I read the last page of the thread, you asked a question. I replied saying people have plans for the weekend.

That's hardly criticism. I haven't join the league myself and was trying to explain the situation.

Mini-modding? Thread clogging? Come on man, don't attack people for giving you an honest answer.

• Advertisement

okay okay. Going round in circles here. Its better just to drop and leave it alone. No point in going over it again.

okay okay. Going round in circles here. Its better just to drop and leave it alone. No point in going over it again.

Then why do you keep replying..take the hint..the case is closed.
    Move on..nothing to see here..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Axwell wrote: »
    Then why do you keep replying..take the hint..the case is closed.
    Move on..nothing to see here..:rolleyes:

In fairness to Kirby the case was closed then Richie started it all off again. All he did was ask a question ye went a bit ott at him I think!

Just wondering whats the story if i dont get the chance to play my last fixture before next weekend. I know some people might only play during the week. For me I usually play at the weekend mainly friday evenings and sunday evenings....

FG is encouraging everyone to get their games out of the way each week so that everything runs smoothly. Its up to you to contact the people you have to play and try arrange a time when you are both on. Im sure in most cases its possible to find a time when both people will be around. Im pretty sure there is something posted already,possibly in the stickie about pmming him if there is a reason why you cant play your games.

Axwell wrote: »
    FG is encouraging everyone to get their games out of the way each week so that everything runs smoothly. Its up to you to contact the people you have to play and try arrange a time when you are both on. Im sure in most cases its possible to find a time when both people will be around. Im pretty sure there is something posted already,possibly in the stickie about pmming him if there is a reason why you cant play your games.

Yep I sent a Pm aswell there the last day to see if hel be around this weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

jeez lads, take it easy...I go a way for a day and there's war. Kirby, last year Axwell and Y2J were sending me pics...that practice is now banned *shudder*

When I say games are to be completed ina timerly manner, I want all games for that game week to be completed by the following Friday.

Se everyone has until Friday 29th May to finish their games for week 1.

Had a good few games in the practice league now. Still struggling though at times. Have two different formations and in some games one will do class then it wont work at all same with the other. Dunno which to use half the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

just ronburgandee to play. will be on most of tomorrow, tuesday evening and fri evening. let me know what suits you. PM on boards to arrange if possible

Cheers
    Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Is someone updating the league online here as the results come in, or is it auomatically updated by the Fifa online league?

Either way it's pretty nice to see it fully up to date and long may it continue.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Is someone updating the league online here as the results come in, or is it auomatically updated by the Fifa online league?

Either way it's pretty nice to see it fully up to date and long may it continue.

Moon/FG have been updating it as we go along.

The idea of having it separately, was that if someone loses connection while they are winning, the match can be replayed. The FIFA table would be wrong, but the league republic one will be ok.

Thats why we have a separate one, because the FIFA one gets screwed up with disconnections and the like. I think it was messed up after only a couple of hours. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

winston82 wrote: »
    just ronburgandee to play. will be on most of tomorrow, tuesday evening and fri evening. let me know what suits you. PM on boards to arrange if possible

Cheers
    Neil

I'll be on from about 9 this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

SRFC90 wrote: »

I wouldnt read into the Fifa stats too much I already had a game awarded to me as we had a disconnect last night , match was replayed as i was 1-0 down at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Note to self, don't play league matches with alcohol in the system!!!

Let a goal in from my tip off in my first match last night! And let a 2-0 lead slip to draw 3-3 in my second game!! :(

Mr Moon wrote: »

Let a goal in from my tip off in my first match last night! And let a 2-0 lead slip to draw 3-3 in my second game!! :(

So what nights do you usually drink..ie whats the best night to play you?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Mr Moon wrote: »

Oh yeah any excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    I've heard it all now!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I will be on all day today to play my matches...

Had a mad weekend so I wasnt on!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

I will be on tonight from about 8 to play my games.......just invite me.

PM's sent to the 3 lads I have to play: Villarreal, Sevilla, Udinese.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I will be on all day today to play my matches...

Had a mad weekend so I wasnt on!

I'll play you tonight so! For my thumping!! :(

• Advertisement

I think I lost 7 games in a row as Lazio on Friday, so after two good seasons, I'm not too hopeful of doing much this season.. At least I like them as a club. I like playing as them (for now) even though they aren't very good....mightn't like them any more when I lose my first 7 league games! :)

Advertisement