Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

ah the banter..

Speaking of which, should we resurrect the old club?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

ah the banter..

Speaking of which, should we resurrect the old club?

Whats this we business??:rolleyes:

Once the league gets moving i'll look at sorting it out again and see how we are fixed for numbers.

Speaking of banter all you United fans are very quiet after last night...a little humour to lighten your moods..

What goes beep beep beep beep?

Man Uniteds open top bus reversing back into the garage. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    What goes beep beep beep beep?

Ryan Giggs going through a metal detector with his 11th Premiership league winners medal.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Ryan Giggs going through a medal detector with his 11th Premiership league winners medal.

A medal detector - Who would have thought they would have invented something as useless as one of those? :D

FAIL

Let me put it another way...how many trophies did Liverpool win this season? (or last season, or the season before that?)

Zero, nada, none, zilch, zip, jack sh!t, f!ck all, ninguno. End of story. :)

On another note, United were in the same dressing room Lazio use. Lets hope they passed on some of the knowledge of how to win Premierships to the lads! :pac:

• Advertisement

On another note, United were in the same dressing room Lazio use. Lets hope they passed on some of the knowledge of how to win Premierships to the lads!

Or how to play 90 mins of useless football and lose..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think its worth pointing out that barca walked all over united last night, with injuries and suspensions.

Its also worth pointing out that chelsea coped very well with barca and were unlucky not to beat them. Barca had one shot on target in the second leg and there is a reason for that.

Hopefully this will put the whole "best team/player in the world" nonsense to bed. Football is all about match ups. Man Utd win premiership, Barca beat Utd easily....having nearly lost to chelsea.....which were beaten easily by Utd. Its like any sport or game.....It's all about match ups.

There is no "best" team. Certain teams have certain things they do brilliantly, and other things they do terribly. The same applies to players.

On a side note, how satisfying was it to see Messi's awesome header soar into the net after everyone claimed he couldn't head the ball?

Pundits...what do they know? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Kirby wrote: »
    <snip>
    Pundits...what do they know? :p

Well most of them knew Liverpool would win F A again this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

any update on when the qualifying league is starting/getting set up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mod: Guys, we all know where the Soccer forum is located right?

Me: The qualifying league is starting soon. I am making a some changes to the qualifying system and it should be ready to go sometime this weekend.

Remember, you must be an active member of boards to get in!

• Advertisement

Or how to play 90 mins of useless football and lose..

You can take consolation in the fact that Stevie G probably played a stormer while he watched the whole thing on tv and polished his Premiership medal.........oh wait ;)

I probably won't be around for the long weekend, so its likely I'll be able to play on Tuesday at the earliest.... maybe late on Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I will be on from Monday evening this week, I am gone away the weekend for those who have to play me

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Mod: Guys, we all know where the Soccer forum is located right?

You have to be approved to be a member of that..this was abit of harmless banter after the match which started with a joke. I know you are a Man Utd fan so your just trying to stop the pain and tears like the rest of them. Boards group hug for the Man Utd fans :D:P

I'll be around over the weekend at some point for anyone whos around to play fixtures for the coming week.

Lyon and Schalke you are the remaining game yet to play each other in the premiership as far as i can see in the league which should be played by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I probably won't be around for the long weekend, so its likely I'll be able to play on Tuesday at the earliest.... maybe late on Monday...

+1

Nedved85 wrote: »
    +1

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

You have to be approved to be a member of that..this was abit of harmless banter after the match which started with a joke. I know you are a Man Utd fan so your just trying to stop the pain and tears like the rest of them. Boards group hug for the Man Utd fans :D:P

I'll be around over the weekend at some point for anyone whos around to play fixtures for the coming week.

Lyon and Schalke you are the remaining game yet to play each other in the premiership as far as i can see in the league which should be played by tonight.

We've had to reschedule our game because of work times clashing this week

Im up against SeanMeister and his spurs team this week. Have a feeling this could be an important game. He beat me 2-1 in the qualifying league but he did it easily. Was much better than me so I think I'm gonna have to play well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Is it possible to play games that you missed if both lads agree. I'd rather not let it go down to a draw. Was gonna be online last night but got invited to a house party . Bro told me there was messages for games when i got back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Considering this league is running over the summer, what's the rule on people missing games due to holidays?

I'm going away Monday week(8th June) for 11 days until the 19th of June. I could attempt to play my week 3 games earlier if I'm permitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

could you not cancel your holidays?

• Advertisement

winston82 wrote: »
    could you not cancel your holidays?

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Is it possible to play games that you missed if both lads agree. I'd rather not let it go down to a draw. Was gonna be online last night but got invited to a house party . Bro told me there was messages for games when i got back

No its not. Whats going to happen is that fixtures are never going to be played on time. It's one of the major rules of this league. In fairness lads, leaving it until Friday night to finish games is risky.

I need everyone to have their games played by end of week 2.

quiet in here today........

ssshh. Hunting wabbits! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I'm going on holidays between 16th and 23rd June, will send PM's for that week to play them the week later if thats alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I will be on probably tomorrow night or tuesday if anyone else is on to play me...

I'm not missing the oppertunity for a barby in this delicious weather :p

Burger anyone ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Great weather, burgers and kebabs in a bbq, and start of new Fifa season, can't be beat :D

Too hot to play FIFA tho.. Anyone up for a real game? Meet yis in the park after dinner.. My ball, my rules, jumpers for goalposts..

Haha sounds like a plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Still to play Hull and Everton this week! Should be on most evenings (santry red and sparky 360) lads so gimme a shout on ere when you're availible!

Played Milan....Spurs and Valencia to go I think. I'm on all week. Probably.

• Advertisement

This week I have to play:

Boards Name:Joe12e
    Gamer Tag:Kirk The Dog
    FIORENTINA

Boards Name: Deliverance XXV
    Gamer Tag: Deliverance XXV
    INTER MILAN

Boards Name: Futureguy
    Gamer Tag: garak001
    JUVENTUS

I'll be on tonight, tomorrow and Wednesday nights from around 8-10 for games. Or else PM me whenever suits.

Advertisement