Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Bull. What you are basically saying is that team & player stats don't influence the game.

No, I never said that. That's not what I'm saying.

What I'm saying is, people look for excuses. And they do. Fast players, slow players, strong players, low chemistry, low tactical awareness, luck......... people make excuses.

Obviously, If you pick Dagmond and Redbridge against United, its going to be very tough. But there is no big gulf in our leagues. Every team is within a star of each other. People blame everything under the sun but themselves for their bad play. And its juvenile.

If I lose, its because the other guy was better on the day. I'm not gonna whine that he had the better team, formation, tactics,etc. In ultimate team, I would often find myself up against a 99,99,99 team....and I would win. And im not the only one. Skill is the deciding factor. You may have the fastest player in the game, but if you are a one trick pony, Im going to stop you every time.

Axwell wrote: »
    So its not possible in your school of thought to get beat because the other person had a team with better players and stats than you? So if im Barcelona and your say St Pats and I beat you 10-0 its because you did something wrong? IMO no matter how you play them they wont beat Barcelona because they havent the stats to do it you can change all the custom tactics and formations etc you want.

Thats the extreme end of the spectrum. There is no big gulf in our league. of the 17 teams in the championship, I would feel confident with any one of them. I think its worth noting that KirkTheDog aka Joe123 is unbeaten at the moment with the weakest team in the league. Because it may be the weakest, but its close to most of the others....and hes outplaying people. And thats the important bit you seem to be missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I've to play Bubs101, v1irg1l, MarkSRFC and Raleigh Burner.

I'll be on tonight and probably most other evenings this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I have Playa3 and SDTimeout to play this week.

I will be on after 9 tonight if either of ye are gonna be on, gimme a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I don't think you read my post properly, its not related to the league. I said if you come up against an equally skilled player who has a stronger team (implication: outside of league games).

For example:
    • If you are practicing with Bayern vs United, sorted. Both are 5 star, both are reasonably equal.
    • If you are practicing with Blackburn vs United against an equally skilled its obvious that its much more difficult, but you don't seem to think it is at all, you lose its your fault as you say(implication: stats don't make a difference).

Anyways, point being that there are loads of things that decide results other than player skill that you completely discount. Way more. That's all I'm saying :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Just going to throw my 2 cents in here...

I do think it makes a difference having better players in your team. Players like Rooney, Ronaldo and Torres etc seem to be able to just breeze past your defence at times if you're using a 4 star team. Granted, you can say if you're skilled enough you can stop them, and I can most of the time but sometimes they're simply just way too fast or seem to be able to do things against your defence that just dont seem possible at the time. There is a gulf between 4 star and 5 star teams in Fifa in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

I don't think you read my post properly, its not related to the league. I said if you come up against an equally skilled player who has a stronger team (implication: outside of league games).

For example:
    • If you are practicing with Bayern vs United, sorted. Both are 5 star, both are reasonably equal.
    • If you are practicing with Blackburn vs United against an equally skilled its obvious that its much more difficult, but you don't seem to think it is at all, you lose its your fault as you say(implication: stats don't make a difference).

Anyways, point being that there are loads of things that decide results other than player skill that you completely discount. Way more. That's all I'm saying :D

For Fifa i think the best way to stop a team like man utd if you have a weaker team is if you have 4 at the back with 2 cdms then have 4 attackers have your defenders on ultra defensive and your attackers up high skip your midfield this is a bit noobish but if i have a lower team thats how i stop them

For Fifa i think the best way to stop a team like man utd if you have a weaker team...

I'd go about it a different way which works better for me, but your right... there are lots of things you can try. Just depends how on your style of play really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have to play:

Boards Name: Darraghjm
    Gamer Tag: darraghjm
    LIVERPOOL

and

Boards Name:Town Man
    Gamer Tag: CashelMan
    MANCHESTER CITY

I'll be on tonight after 9 for a while if ye are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

got my first couple of wins in tonight. woohoo. still feel like **** though cos i didnt deserve either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sparky360 wrote: »
    got my first couple of wins in tonight. woohoo. still feel like **** though cos i didnt deserve either

I hear you robbed them!

Some things never change!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I hear you robbed them!

Some things never change!!! :D

haha.....its all part of my tactics. play ****e and then skillfully pretend to fluke a couple of goals. Underdog tactics haha:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bloody hell, 3 defeats from my last 4 games after such a good start has ruined us!

Very unfortunate in the last 2 defeats too. Losing by 1 goal in each when I really should won. Hit the post 3 times between the games. Last minute sucker punches. Fecked me right over! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Bloody hell, 3 defeats from my last 4 games after such a good start has ruined us!

Very unfortunate in the last 2 defeats too. Losing by 1 goal in each when I really should won. Hit the post 3 times between the games. Last minute sucker punches. Fecked me right over! :(

Then again you were lucky to come out of our game with a draw!! It evens itself out over the season :p

sparky360 wrote: »
    Only 2-1 mate.

hahahha I had it down as 4-1, what a bloody typo. 2-1 was harsh, nevermind 4!

Im available all day to play my games. Just reply here or throw me a PM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Lads sorry have been away since last Thursday,

Will be on tonight at around 5 for a few hours

I have 4 games to play, they are

Week 2: Inter and Liverpool

Week 3: United and Real Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

So is it against the rules for me to edit my team to have Kaka and Ronaldo on the Real Madrid starting XI ;)

Wonder how many people will have the Real squad editted when I get home.

bennyc wrote: »
    So is it against the rules for me to edit my team to have Kaka and Ronaldo on the Real Madrid starting XI ;)

Thank god for default squads. Both of them in the same team would be tricky to stop. Would take some great defending. New Utd for next years fifa?

• Advertisement

Wonder how many people will have the Real squad editted when I get home.

Interesting I would nearly do it as I never use united, if I do does that have a knock on to my league team ?

No, it loads default squads for the league. If you do it, it won't be reflected in the league at all... go for it.

Just add Valencia and/or Ribery and/or Benzema to United to save you the trouble of doing it later too. :)

Feeling a bit sad today Richie? I don't like utd but personally I think ye will be better off without him in the long run, especially if ye bought those 3 players.

Not that it matters anyway cos Liverpool are gonna win the league next season :p

No, it loads default squads for the league. If you do it, it won't be reflected in the league at all... go for it.

Just add Valencia and/or Ribery and/or Benzema to United to save you the trouble of doing it later too. :)

In fairness it would make it interesting to add the signings as they happen , have you ever used real online they are shocking V other 5 star teams, the only thing they really have going is the finishing stats. Now add the new boys into the mix and it should make it interesting for a few months. I really do hope someone gets Benzema and Ribery so we can see them in action more ofter but the latter has 65Million tag so I cant see even united putting that out on one player.

mika27 wrote: »
    Feeling a bit sad today Richie? I don't like utd but personally I think ye will be better off without him in the long run, especially if ye bought those 3 players.

Not that it matters anyway cos Liverpool are gonna win the league next season :p

We will only win next year as long as those head bangers at Madrid dont buy Alonso. Expect a quote from Rafa tonight saying the same as last night about Masc. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Got to agree completely, i think ronaldo is such an overrated spoilt brat. Man utd are getting the much better end of the deal and can use the money to strengthen the squad in several positions.

bennyc wrote: »
    We will only win next year as long as those head bangers at Madrid dont buy Alonso. Expect a quote from Rafa tonight saying the same as last night about Masc. :o

Perez said that he didn't want Alonso a couple days ago, which is just as well as Real seem to have so much money they can pretty much buy anyone.

I think they will have to give them six stars in FIFA10 cos they're probably going to get Villa and maybe Silva as well.

Mixed feelings because we've already lost Tevez too (pretty much). Ronaldo could work out better in the long run, if its all reinvested. I'd like Huntelaar to come in the other direction (unlikely), and buy Ribery. If you got Ribery for 35, Benzema for 35 (balanced losing Ronaldo and Tevez), and then you'd had 10 million left over from the Ronaldo transfer, the two top players you lost replaced, plus your original transfer kitty. It'll be an interesting Summer.

Either way, I don't believe Fergie would sell him without some sort of recovery plan.

I actually like playing as Madrid in FIFA, I like Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, Van Der Vaart, Robben, etc.... the team I don't like using is Milan. I think the are woeful. I don't know why.

Not a chance they will get Ribery. Benzema looks likely though as that one has been brewing for years and he think its the right time to move up a level..... He is more likely to be a first team regular with ronaldo and tevez gone. Roony shifted out to the wing with him and berba in the centre. Obviously fergie will buy another winger but something tells me rooney will end up out there again next season.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Not a chance they will get Ribery.

Never say never. Money talks.

Advertisement