Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Axwell wrote: »
    Good luck with that being last pick and all :D

I know :(

Sucks being Number 1 :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

we will see this year!!! Transitional Champ! It's my year to shine!!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys can we keep all comments to the general discussion thread? It makes it easier to choose teams. Joe123 you went 10-0 in qualifying with wbremen. Youll be fine. :-)

It was with Liverpool I did that! A bit better than Werder Bremen!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

In fairness if you were in the premiership yu would have an even worse selection so you should be happy enough, you will still get a decent enough team and you are a good enough player so you shouldnt have many problems once you get used to your team. Thinks are moving along and teams are getting selected at last so lets keep it going

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

joe did you expect to be put straight into the prem?

• Advertisement

Garball wrote: »
    joe did you expect to be put straight into the prem?

No but a few lads who finished below me are in the premiership so was just wondering...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can you name them Joe? Have I made a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No mistake made. SeanMeisterSa, Cashelman, Nedved, myself, drath brimmy, SDTimeout and playathree are all in the championship. Think you must have mis-read Joe.

Aw jese sorry im getting names mixed up now from the pre season league and the qualifying one! Sorry! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Can you name them Joe? Have I made a mistake?

I think you've made a mistake with the Prem ordering though. How is the winner of Serie A in 8th? Thats like putting me or Robinson down there :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'm second last to pick a team due to a combo of finishing runners up in Seria A and leading the qualifying league with Watford!

I'll probably end up having to use them! :o

You will easily win the league with the awesome power of Watford's Tommy Smith. All quiver in fear! :D

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I think you've made a mistake with the Prem ordering though. How is the winner of Serie A in 8th? Thats like putting me or Robinson down there :eek:

Raleigh Burner won Serie B not Serie A.

Raleigh Burner won Serie B not Serie A.

Ohhh, my bad! :D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

can we get like a pre-league league? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

sweet jesus I picked Real Madrid :eek: I really should have not done team selection when drunkish. I played a load of games last night I dont think I scored a good goal in 5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

bennyc wrote: »
    sweet jesus I picked Real Madrid :eek: I really should have not done team selection when drunkish. I played a load of games last night I dont think I scored a good goal in 5 games.

Excellent news on this Monday morning:D

bennyc wrote: »

Its all in your head mate. The most important parts of Fifa are custom tactics, formation, having one quick forward and one quick centre half.

Everything after that is gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I won the championship with them last year and scored the most goals in the two leagues. I never changed the formation at all. I will gladly swop ya with whoever I get!!!!!!!!!!:D

sparky360 wrote: »
    I won the championship with them last year and scored the most goals in the two leagues. I never changed the formation at all. I will gladly swop ya with whoever I get!!!!!!!!!!:D

Preston.

• Advertisement

Whats up with the current selections btw? Been red on the same 4 for ages....one of which is futureguy :D Get a move on lads. The sooner we pick the sooner we can start.

Kirby wrote: »
    Whats up with the current selections btw? Been red on the same 4 for ages....one of which is futureguy :D Get a move on lads. The sooner we pick the sooner we can start.

We'll be starting Friday regardless of whether we finish picks today or Friday. I will be talking to Mr. Moon about tables/fixtures very soon.

Getting excited now!

We'll be starting Friday regardless of whether we finish picks today or Friday.
    Getting excited now!

True enough but the sooner i KNOW my team the sooner I can start practicing. Would be nice if the first game I played with a team wasnt a competetive one. After all, real teams have a pre-season too :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Kirby wrote: »
    True enough but the sooner i KNOW my team the sooner I can start practicing. Would be nice if the first game I played with a team wasnt a competetive one. After all, real teams have a pre-season too :D

You could just agree to taking Crystal Palace now and im sure FG would agree to it and you can practice for the rest of the week :D

As long as the next 4 are ready to pick things should keep going smoothly, the current 4 have been taking a while though and deserve a gentle push (pick someone for the one your waiting on :P)

If you are gonna do something wrong...do it right! Why stop at palace? Rushden and diamonds baby! Feel the dazzling skills of Andy Burgess.

Have all 4...post updating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wahey i got Villa!

Actually I've never really played with them that much, anyone got any hints other than running really fast with Young and Agbonlahor?:pac:

There's still a fair few very good teams out there, the next three teams on my list are still left anyway.

You picked Juve? I thought you said they felt very "clunky" before?

Still about 5 million people to pick before me (may be slight exaggeration) . Only two teams I want (that I could realistically get!) I'll still get violated even if I do get either of them though, as I've been getting rode senseless with 4 star teams recently. Not helping that I've lost my custom tactics because of Ultimate team either.

Played Robinson a couple of times there on Friday, we were scrapping the bottom of the barrel with our team picks, but we had some good battles.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    You picked Juve? I thought you said they felt very "clunky" before?

Still about 5 million people to pick before me (may be slight exaggeration) . Only two teams I want (that I could realistically get!) I'll still get violated even if I do get either of them though, as I've been getting rode senseless with 4 star teams recently. Not helping that I've lost my custom tactics because of Ultimate team either.

Played Robinson a couple of times there on Friday, we were scrapping the bottom of the barrel with our team picks, but we had some good battles.

I was playing them arseways I think. Was working on a few things last night along with Bayern. You need to make a few changes but they can pass alot of teams off the park, and they are a rock at the back.

I loved playing with Lyon last year, but their backs are a bit shaky and I hated their default settings.

• Advertisement

Great. My turn. Moving along nicely :D Ive submitted my 4 picks and all 4 are available atm so Im pleased.

Advertisement