Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    the team I don't like using is Milan. I think the are woeful. I don't know why.

It's cause they're shíte!! Way too slow!

Anyway, Utd have a bit of money to buy 2 or 3 really decent players! What's needed most is a world class midfielder! (Keane'esque)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Mr Moon wrote: »
    It's cause they're shíte!! Way too slow!

Anyway, Utd have a bit of money to buy 2 or 3 really decent players! What's needed most is a world class midfielder! (Keane'esque)

Good luck with that, finding another Keane is far easier said then done, regardless of how much money they have to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Getting Hargreaves some bionic legs would answer that problem. If the man could only stay fit they would look a proper outfit in midfield.

Haven't been on much this week but Ill be on tonight from around 10 if anyone who's due to play me wants to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Kirby wrote: »
    Getting Hargreaves some bionic legs would answer that problem. If the man could only stay fit they would look a proper outfit in midfield.

Thats the first thing you've ever post that I have agreed with. :D

If Hargreaves could play 50 games a season, we'd be unbelievably better off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, I have already stated that general football chat needs to be in the soccer thread. Please keep on topic. Rules are rules.

Ill be around for the day today if any of the following want to play our games.

Irish Wolvarine
    Marshjem
    Tunetunetuner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Real Madrid
    I am on tonight again and have a few games outstanding, PM me if you have to play me and I will do my best to get on any time over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Boards Name: SDTimeout
    Gamer Tag: SDTimeout
    AS ROMA

Boards Name: playa3
    Gamer Tag: playathree
    ASTON VILLA

Boards Name: Nedved85
    Gamer Tag: Nedved85
    ATHLETICO MADRID

These are my games for the week. I should be on all this weekend.

I'm against athletico and Barca this week. Only two. Oh well.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    So which one of you has the correct result?

Newcastle 5 - 1 Villarreal. Just double checked it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm against athletico and Barca this week. Only two. Oh well.

Only two as well!

Not looking forward to the severe beating i'm likely to get playing you though.

Was just playing a ranked match there and the fella i was playing was real madrid. He had Kaka and ronaldo on the team??

How did he do that because on mine its still the january update?

Guys, if you have any outstanding games from weeks 1 and 2, I STRONGLY advise that ye get these out of the way.

I'm already getting complaints about players falling behind.

joe123 wrote: »
    Was just playing a ranked match there and the fella i was playing was real madrid. He had Kaka and ronaldo on the team??

How did he do that because on mine its still the january update?

people have hacked ranked mate.

I played a guy earlier who picked Valencia. He had kaka, ronaldo, ronaldinho, berbatov, scholes, vidic, ferdinand, evra, Sergio ramos and a few others. And he had disabled the 8 second rule with the goalie.....he went one nil up and then just held the ball in his arms with his goalie for an entire half. nothing i could do except hack him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

people have hacked ranked mate.

I played a guy earlier who picked Valencia. He had kaka, ronaldo, ronaldinho, berbatov, scholes, vidic, ferdinand, evra, Sergio ramos and a few others. And he had disabled the 8 second rule with the goalie.....he went one nil up and then just held the ball in his arms with his goalie for an entire half. nothing i could do except hack him down.

What kind of an a$$hole do you need to be to actually enjoy playing a match like that? I mean is there really any point in playing the game at all if your tactic is to score a goal and then hold on to the ball with your goalie for the rest of the game. I hope you let him know how much of twat he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I'll be on tonight after about 8 for who ever has to play Sampdoria.

I wont be on untill next thursday as im on a short holiday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I still have to play Playathree (Aston Villa) from this week (Ending Today)

and also have the top two in the league Bayern Munich and Fiorentina, aswell as chelsea,

Will be online later lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Still to play virgil this week. Haven't had a chance to get on as much as I thought. Won't on tonight because of drinking, won't be on the weekend because I have stuff to do. Probably Monday.

mika27 wrote: »
    What kind of an a$$hole do you need to be to actually enjoy playing a match like that? I mean is there really any point in playing the game at all if your tactic is to score a goal and then hold on to the ball with your goalie for the rest of the game. I hope you let him know how much of twat he is.

In the old days, I would messaged him. But now, I just ignore it. No point in getting into over xbox live.......they just bring you down to their level.

• Advertisement

My 3 games this week. Guys, I should be on Sunday onwards!

Boards Name: BFassassin
    Gamer Tag: BFassassin
    ARSENAL

Boards Name: keen
    Gamer Tag: MackerelMan
    AC MILAN

Boards Name: SDTimeout
    Gamer Tag: SDTimeout
    AS ROMA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

The Dunne - Everton

I will be online later and tomorrow morning to get my games done. Few from last week (sorry lads) and this week. Get em all cleared up if yiz are on lads!!!

Ive two left to play for this week.

Sd Timeout I sent ya two messages askin were you ok for a game tonight but no reply from you even though you were playin a few different games.

Doesnt hurt to send someone a quick reply letting them know if their available or not. Even when i miss someones message il get back to them.

It only takes two minutes to let someone know what your at in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'll be online most of the weekend, I have to play West Ham, Villareal and Werder Bremen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

still to play ben sfc (up to yesterday he'd been off line for a few days) and richiemufc, well catch up later rich. I don't mind playing you at 2am after ur drinking session! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

joe123 wrote: »
    Ive two left to play for this week.

Sd Timeout I sent ya two messages askin were you ok for a game tonight but no reply from you even though you were playin a few different games.

Doesnt hurt to send someone a quick reply letting them know if their available or not. Even when i miss someones message il get back to them.

It only takes two minutes to let someone know what your at in fairness.

Ever think i've a shared xbox. A brother who even though refused to buy into the xbox. Plays it just as much if not more than me.

It's not i'm not replying you actually seem to think the worst of people around here.

I've been having net problems all week. I was 4-1 up against BatmanIRL and it's been disconnecting. Net dropping for a few moments. Enough to knock me off Xbox live.

I'll be on today, To finish that game anyway. And FG if i see you online i'll give you a shout.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Ever think i've a shared xbox. A brother who even though refused to buy into the xbox. Plays it just as much if not more than me.

It's not i'm not replying you actually seem to think the worst of people around here.

I've been having net problems all week. I was 4-1 up against BatmanIRL and it's been disconnecting. Net dropping for a few moments. Enough to knock me off Xbox live.

I'll be on today, To finish that game anyway. And FG if i see you online i'll give you a shout.

Fair enough so but still doesnt hurt to send an small pm just letting the other person know whats the story when you are actually on.

Dunno where your getting the "i seem to think the worst of people round here bit" as in fact I waaay prefer playing this league/practice matches over the random ranked stuff as its better craic and you know people are sound when playing.

I should be on around 7ish this evening if your around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Blackburn Rovers v Newcastle Utd(G M E 27)

(Mister Robanson)Sampdoria v Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn Rovers v Schalke 04(neilhimself)

MarkSRFC90 - add us there lads. I'll be on most nights after tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I still have to play Sevilla, Werder Bremen and Villareal. Will any of you guys be on tomorrow night to play before xbox live goes down for maintenance? I wont be around until thursday after tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Im done and dusted for this week!

Advertisement