Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamer Tag: bennycon
    REAL MADRID

Boards Name: Smegball
    Gamer Tag: SeanMeisterSa
    TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Boards Name: Garball
    Gt:garball1
    VALENCIA

Will be on tonight and tomorrow night from 8:30ish
    Or else PM me when suits.

Ta,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Ever think i've a shared xbox. A brother who even though refused to buy into the xbox. Plays it just as much if not more than me.

It's not i'm not replying you actually seem to think the worst of people around here.

I've been having net problems all week. I was 4-1 up against BatmanIRL and it's been disconnecting. Net dropping for a few moments. Enough to knock me off Xbox live.

I'll be on today, To finish that game anyway. And FG if i see you online i'll give you a shout.

I'll be on tonight around 830-930ish and probably after 1030.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There are a lot of games still to be played from week 3!

Don't make me set the wolverine on you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Only have playa3 left to play this week..

Just had a look at next weeks fixtures and I've to play Bayern and Fiorentina! I've a pretty good feeling my goal difference isn't gonna look too healthy after them.. 93 goals scored, 9 conceded!

Guys, I'm becoming unhappy regarding the number of games that have yet to be played from weeks 2 and 3.

I am keeping an eye on people who are behind with their games. It's unfair on everyone that want to play. There are plenty of people that want to join the league and can complete their games in a timely fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Played all my Week 4 games. Roll on Week 5....... ultimate showdown with Joe123. :D We've had like 12 practice games already so we know each other well.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

moz wrote: »
    Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamer Tag: bennycon
    REAL MADRID

Boards Name: Smegball
    Gamer Tag: SeanMeisterSa
    TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Boards Name: Garball
    Gt:garball1
    VALENCIA

Will be on tonight and tomorrow night from 8:30ish
    Or else PM me when suits.

i should be on later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

No sign of SantryRed, he's been offline for a week now. Anyone hear from him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm sick of FIFA online now. Its just packed with twats, I play this lad who is United, he is winning 3-1, and does the shhh thing thing after all three goals and then the robot, watches every replay, and then starts knocking the ball around at the back for the rest of the game, then he sends abuse afterwards.

Load of bollocks. I'm gonna stick to offline mainly now. Nearly every game I win, the other guy quits. If I'm losing the other guy acts the twat.

Its supposed to be fun playing online, but now I end up just getting pissed off rather than enjoying it. The only decent games I ever play now are in the league.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moiph wrote: »
    I still have to play Sevilla, Werder Bremen and Villareal. Will any of you guys be on tomorrow night to play before xbox live goes down for maintenance? I wont be around until thursday after tomorrow.

Not around much early in this week myself so Thursday suits me fine will play you then or Friday. Might be on Wednesday night to anyone else ive to play this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    Played all my Week 4 games. Roll on Week 5....... ultimate showdown with Joe123. :D We've had like 12 practice games already so we know each other well.

Yeah im worried about this game! I think having so many practice games could be my downfall against you!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I'm sick of FIFA online now. Its just packed with twats, I play this lad who is United, he is winning 3-1, and does the shhh thing thing after all three goals and then the robot, watches every replay, and then starts knocking the ball around at the back for the rest of the game, then he sends abuse afterwards.

Its weird, when this happens to me, my internet connection usually drops in the first minute of injury time. I don't know why that it. Very unfortunate.

FIFA has the highest concentration of t**ts playing it than any other game I have ever played. Was in Game watching a few of them play in a competition and they were loads of idiots who thought they were Gods gift. It turned me off playing in such an event. Abusing new players, showing off, over celebrating, taking out last man, using every little cheat in the game to get an advantage. Pretty sad really.

Thankfully we have a league here that keeps the idiots at bay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Villareal, Hamburg, Hull.........any of ye around tonight? I'm away until sunday tomorrow so would be great if i could these played this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Damn it, i forgot live was down today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

yeh. For the whole day. I remember reading about this a few days ago. Anybody know when it will be back up our time? Been playing BanjoKazooie offline to keep my occupied :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Wont be able to make it on to play till the weekend so will catch up on this weeks games then.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    There are a lot of games still to be played from week 3!

Don't make me set the wolverine on you!!!
    Axwell wrote: »
    Wont be able to make it on to play till the weekend so will catch up on this weeks games then.

Good idea there Moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Games Outstanding
    Week 2
    Real Madrid v Inter

Week 3
    Real Madrid V Liverpool

Week 4
    Real Madrid v Spurs
    Real Madrid V Man U

I am on tomorrow night after 10 or PM me to let me know whens good.

Played a bit of Pro Evo there, no lads using the custom celebrations and running around like idiots only to do the robot at the end, no easy quit option, no people hammering "ready" to piss you off while you set up your team, just a little discrete ok button....

Now, if only the gameplay was as good as FIFA....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I've to play...

West Ham v Schalke 04 -GAZ

Schalke 04 v Benfica -
    Raleigh Burner

Also have to play Mark. I'm in work tomorrow but will be on Friday night after 9 to play these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Only BenSFC to play, then Im up to date. Any sign of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

winston82 wrote: »
    I've to play...

West Ham v Schalke 04 -GAZ

Schalke 04 v Benfica -
    Raleigh Burner

Also have to play Mark. I'm in work tomorrow but will be on Friday night after 9 to play these.

Schalke!?
    Only BenSFC to play, then Im up to date. Any sign of him?

On holiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Schalke!?

On holiers.

I'm Schalke, correct! You around tomorrow after 9 bells?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

when is the qualifying league?

The problem with qualifying in past seasons is that I start them at the same time s they league. The qualifying is usually finished in a month which means that, by the time the main league is over, most people in qualifying have lost interest.

So this year, I am delayig qulifying until we can synchronise that all leagues fiish withing a week of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Good idea. Whats the time gap between league seasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I was away for a few days there. Have to play Bubs and Axwell so I'll be around most of the weekend if you lads wanna give me a shout either on here or on xbox live about our league game and what time suits yis.

I have to play Hull (who is away so won't be getting that played this week).

I can't remember who the other person I've left to play is but I've got feck all messages about it, if you have to play Lazio, gimme a shout. I don't have time to check right now.

LEAGUE ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to the large number of games that are going unplayed, I will be making a decision next Friday (26 January) whether to suspend the leagues by one week in order for people to catch up. Some people have barely half their games played. I know people are busy and have a bad week now and again, but that doesnt account for all the games to be played.

There are still fixtures from week 1!

It's up to everyone to get the games arranged via PM or over live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Dont suspend it, thats just gonna annoy people like me who have all their games played!

Advertisement