Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, I don't think you should suspend it either.

It might annoy some people who have their games played, and it could cause others to lose interest if there is a break for a week.

I have one game from Week 3 to play: SDTimeout.

I will be on again this evening if your on, gimme a shout.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Moiph wrote: »
    I was away for a few days there. Have to play Bubs and Axwell so I'll be around most of the weekend if you lads wanna give me a shout either on here or on xbox live about our league game and what time suits yis.

Ya ill be on over the wkend and will catch up on our game..have 1 or 2 others to play from this week same goes for those gimme a shout if you see me on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I understand your concerns about the week break, but I'll guarantee if I don't do something now, it'll annoy ye even more when we realise too late that people have no intention of completing their games. At the end of next Friday we should all have 14-15 games played.
    If I see a similar rate of failure to complete fixtures next Friday, it'll force my hand.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As regards suspending the league I would rule with more of an iron fist (adjusts fake hitler moustache), I suggest that you put a date, for example the end of week 4 and anyone who hasnt played their games gets deducted 1 point for each game not played up to that point in the league, the games not played become void and the league continues along.

There is more of an incentive to play if something is at stake than you just stopping the league and saying catch up please, you will find the week passes by and the only thing happening is people on here giving out they have their games played and had a week of doing nothing while the others still didnt catch up on their games. Penalising people FTW!!

**(Offers Hitler moustache to FG to look more menacing and help with decision making process)

Sounds Fair FG.

As for the points deduction thing, that has to be a non runner.

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    As regards suspending the league I would rule with more of an iron fist (adjusts fake hitler moustache), I suggest that you put a date, for example the end of week 4 and anyone who hasnt played their games gets deducted 1 point for each game not played up to that point in the league, the games not played become void and the league continues along.

There is more of an incentive to play if something is at stake than you just stopping the league and saying catch up please, you will find the week passes by and the only thing happening is people on here giving out they have their games played and had a week of doing nothing while the others still didnt catch up on their games. Penalising people FTW!!

**(Offers Hitler moustache to FG to look more menacing and help with decision making process)

That would be ideal if we consider that both players for any given fixture are not pulling their weight. It would be harsh to dock someone a point because their opponent is not bothering. Besides, it would be tough for me to decide which player is not pulling the weight.

I won't be docking points, but I am keeping a running record of people who are constantly behind with fixtures. That will be a major deciding factor when I decide who gets into season 5.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Sounds Fair FG.

As for the points deduction thing, that has to be a non runner.

Why? It wouldnt affect you if you have all your games played, if the person not playing their games has any interest in the league at all then this will make them get of their ass and play their games..if you give a week break and they have no interest your just wasting a week for everyone else who is interested while the ones that arent still dont bother playing their games.

With regards to what you wrote above FG - there will be 2 people due to play the game but one of them will more than likely have other games unplayed

For example if I have to play you..and I have to play Richie..and Moon...then surely with 3 games unplayed as opposed to your 1 its pretty obvious which party isnt keeping up and deserves the points deduction.

Taking a week off is just pointless, it was done last year and it ended up the games that were missed werent played anyways so there was just a whole week off with no games, same towards the end of last season a space of around 12 days went by where no games were played, ultimatums about finishing your games by end of the week stuff just dont work. With all respect talk is cheap on here without some sort of action so something more harsh needs to be done.

Why?

Sure if someone aint on, then i'm not gonna get all my games played, hence points get docked, and when your me, points are hard to come by.

To be honest, that kind of approarch would definitely alienate players. Myself included.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Looking at the games not played, there are a couple of people who haven't played a game in the last two weeks!

I was thinking instead of deducting one point the game should go down as a 3-0 loss to the player who has the least amount of games completed!

Obviously people have lives and can't be online every minute, but that's what this site is for, if you can't make a game or are away on holidays let us know! We can possibly let you play some fixtures earlier if it's going to cause too much of a back log!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

IMHO All players should PM their mobile number to FG.
    That way he can text or call those who have not been playing their games and for whatever reason not posting why on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

moz wrote: »
    That way he can text or call those who have not been playing their games and for whatever reason not posting why on boards.

You can reach me any time on the Save Carlos appeal phone line, just call 1800-I-LOVE-TEVEZ

Sure if someone aint on, then i'm not gonna get all my games played, hence points get docked, and when your me, points are hard to come by.

To be honest, that kind of approarch would definitely alienate players. Myself included.

You've missed the whole point i made, if say you have to play Moon and he hasnt been on then you have 1 fixture, but Moon would have loads cos he hasnt been playing anyone therefore its obvious its him thats missing the games, in which case he would get docked the point not you.
    The point deduction goes only against the player making no effort across a number of games to finish them. If they have been on here saying they are busy and will be on at the weekend or whatever then FG can decide on that but when we are on week 4 and people have games left from Week 1 something more has to be done than saying ok naughty naughty please play your games by the end of week 5 or everyone will be annoyed at you.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    You can reach me any time on the Save Carlos appeal phone line, just call 1800-I-LOVE-MEN

Fixed that for you Richie..
    moz wrote: »

Wouldnt think this much of an option, 1 FG would have to pay for calls and texts to see where people are, 2..I dont particularly want a call at 4am from FG when hes pissed asking have i left the club yet :D

You've missed the whole point i made, if say you have to play Moon and he hasnt been on then you have 1 fixture, but Moon would have loads cos he hasnt been playing anyone therefore its obvious its him thats missing the games, in which case he would get docked the point not you.
    The point deduction goes only against the player making no effort across a number of games to finish them. If they have been on here saying they are busy and will be on at the weekend or whatever then FG can decide on that but when we are on week 4 and people have games left from Week 1 something more has to be done than saying ok naughty naughty please play your games by the end of week 5 or everyone will be annoyed at you.

Deducting points off people will drive them out of the league, For example if some guy now has 4 games that he hasnt played since the start of the league, and he gets docked 4 points, he probably wont bother playing anymore.

Anyways, the deducting points idea wont be going ahead from what FG said earlier.

No I wont be deductiong points, but I will omitting constant offenders from season 5. Thats punishment enough.

I do believe that eveyone, even those that have only 5-7 games played, do want to finish the league, but anyone with this number played would want to get alot of games played by next Friday.

Deducting points off people will drive them out of the league, For example if some guy now has 4 games that he hasnt played since the start of the league, and he gets docked 4 points, he probably wont bother playing anymore.

Anyways, the deducting points idea wont be going ahead from what FG said earlier.

Better that they dont bother playing anymore then anyways if they arent bothered and not be wasting everyone elses time. Everyones asking whens the league starting and itching to get started before it begins, then once it starts those same people fade off and dont even play their first weeks games.
    Its hard for FG to manage it in such a way this wont happen, in fact its impossible but people shouldnt enter a league if they dont intend to take part and keep up with the games, it ruins it for everyone else involved.

Better that they dont bother playing anymore then anyways if they arent bothered and not be wasting everyone elses time. Everyones asking whens the league starting and itching to get started before it begins, then once it starts those same people fade off and dont even play their first weeks games.
    Its hard for FG to manage it in such a way this wont happen, in fact its impossible but people shouldnt enter a league if they dont intend to take part and keep up with the games, it ruins it for everyone else involved.

We're agreed on that fact that they should be playing their games if they signed up, just not the deducting points thing.

We're agreed on that fact that they should be playing their games if they signed up, just not the deducting points thing.

I'm going to be quiet now, because I have a feeling you could go on all day :D

We can agree to disagree then....and also that batman is a a big girl wearing tights and you should be ashamed of your avatar...shhh you said you wouldnt reply :D

We can agree to disagree then....and also that batman is a a big girl wearing tights and you should be ashamed of your avatar...shhh you said you wouldnt reply :D

I never said i wouldn't reply.

oh and Liono wears a leotard and a studded belt. Not much better.

I never said i wouldn't reply.

oh and Liono wears a leotard and a studded belt. Not much better.

You said you would stop talking now but you edited your post :P
    By the way liono is comfortable in his sexuality, thats no leotard its a mankini :D

Back to the league..ill be back tomorrow and on all weekend to catch up on any games from this week and anyone thats around to play next weeks fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

ive to play Play3 and Sdtimeout. Il be on now for a bit and then sometime tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I'll be on later if anyone has to play everton. wont be online on tuesday cos i will be in london playing FIFA'10 thanks to the competition advertised a few threads below:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

the texting is not a bad idea. all operators have free webtext now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Hi Guys,

I am gone away on holidays from next Monday the 22nd to the following Monday the 29th
    I have to play
    Spurs
    Valencia - I didn't realise I had to play you as i misread the fixtures so apologies Garball for not arranging it

From this week I have to play Aston Villa, Arsenal and Roma. I will be on most of the weekend until Sunday evening.
    I am Man City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Week 4 Fixtures

Boards Name: Bennyc
    Gamer Tag: bennycon
    REAL MADRID

Boards Name: Smegball
    Gamer Tag: SeanMeisterSa
    TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

Week 5 Fixtures

Boards Name: keen
    Gamer Tag: MackerelMan
    AC MILAN

Boards Name: BFassassin
    Gamer Tag: BFassassin
    ARSENAL

Boards Name: SDTimeout
    Gamer Tag: SDTimeout
    AS ROMA

Will be on tomorrow night from 8:30PM
    Or else PM me when suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

Town Man wrote: »

I have to play
    Spurs
    Valencia - I didn't realise I had to play you as i misread the fixtures so apologies Garball for not arranging it

no problem pal,i hope to be on a little later,if not it will be on sunday cause 2moro im goin to see the best band in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Glad that the "deduction" talk is sorted tbh. That wont help anything. Basically, the general reaction to a point deduction from 90% of people is "right, screw em. I'm off." We don't want that.

Basically, there is gonna be one or two people that don't play all their games. But it's better than people dropping out as that ruins a league. In my opinion, we should carry on as normal. It's up to everyone to get their fixtures done.... even the busiest person will find the time at some point.... ye know, the dozy sunday where the guy plays 5 of his games in a row etc. The extra week probably wont help any tbh.

If by the end of the league there are outstanding ones ,just award a 3-0 walkover or something. It's obvious as muck who is making the effort and who isn't. We don't really need a points deduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I meant so say aswell that anyone who has to play me if possible could you send me a pm over boards rather than xbox live as it will show up on my email. it would work out quicker to arrange a game as I don't have the xbox on all night
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

3 though games for me this week.
    Man City
    Man Utd and
    Real Madrid

Hopefully I will be on over the weekend to get a couple of them played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Chealse
    Inter
    Fiorentina

Them three this week. Looking forward to all 3.

Advertisement