Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Plenty of fixtures to be played!

Premiership

Week 1 & 2
    All games played

Week 3
    Everton v Hull City
    Hull City v Hamburg

Week 4
    Blackburn v Schalke 04
    Hamburg v Lazio
    Hamburg v Marseille
    Hull City v Lyon
    Lazio v Hull City
    Werder Bremen v Villareal

Week 5
    Lazio v Marseille
    Lyon v Lazio
    Marseille v Lyon
    Schalke 04 v Bordeaux
    Schalke 04 v Hamburg
    Sevilla v Everton
    Villareal v Blackburn

Championship

Week 1
    All games played

Week 2
    Real Madrid v Inter Milan

Week 3
    Barcelona v AS Roma
    Inter Milan v Tottenham
    Inter Milan v AC Milan
    Liverpool v Tottenham

Week 4
    Aston Villa v Inter Milan
    Inter Milan v AS Roma
    Man City v Valencia
    Man Utd v Tottenham
    Tottenham v Man City
    Tottenham v Real Madrid

Week 5
    12 Games too many to post

Can you try and get as many of these games played by the end of the weekend!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys I am seeling alot of games being played by the Premiership players this week but the Championship are beginning to lag behind very badly.

I propose that as many people get on tonight from 7pm onwards to get as many games played as possible.

The halfway point is nearly here. Some people have as little as 6-7 games played from their first half of fixtures.

Unless there is a shedload of fixtures played tonight, we are on a 1-week break from tomorrow.

Anyone who has games from weeks 1-3 to play are on notice to get them played. There is no excuse not to have them played by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Week 3
    Barcelona v AS Roma

Week 5
    Inter Milan V Barcelona

I have 2 games outstanding, and will be on tomorrow night to get those played and any week 6 fixtures.

I wont be on this evening, as I'm training for the Gaelforce, and that is taking up a lot of time these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah, I have 2 more games than I thought. I won't be on tonight for sure though. Training and then possibly drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

have 3games to play, hope to get them out of the way tonight, have made contact with 2 of the 3, hoping to play all of them tonight, as i'm away this weekend

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Plenty of times ive seen people online that have loads of games to play and theyl be playing some other game. Its not hard to take 15 minutes out to play a game, ive done it myself when i didnt really feel like playing at that time.

Fair point, but it mightn't always be the person in the Fifa league thats playing another game, it could be a brother or sister or flatmate.

For example, if someone sent me a message for a game while "The Batman IRL is rockin in the 80's in LIPS"....I got news for ya, that aint me playing that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have one outstanding game from Week 4 against Tottenham (SeanMeisterSa). Haven't seen him online for a long time.

Instead of holding the league up for a week and punishing those who regularly play their games why not PM the 2 players in the Championship who have played only 6 & 7 games?

moz wrote: »
    I have one outstanding game from Week 4 against Tottenham (SeanMeisterSa). Haven't seen him online for a long time.

Instead of holding the league up for a week and punishing those who regularly play their games why not PM the 2 players in the Championship who have played only 6 & 7 games?

Already done on several occasions. There are 2 players in the Championship that are way behind. One has told me he is swamped with work and the other is out of the country atm. I have asked the guy that is busy with work to try and get a 2 hour session and let all opponents know that he will be on at that time and to get as many games played as possible. I am awaiting a reply.

I am only going to do this as a last resort guys. Mr Moon has posted big list of games left to play, and so if you are on that list, please try to get online tonight and get a game or two played!

CKWPORT wrote: »
    For example, if someone sent me a message for a game while "The Batman IRL is rockin in the 80's in LIPS"....I got news for ya, that aint me playing that game.

Thats a lie, you messaged me last night about the Barca formation you used and then asked me if I wanted to duet on Wham and Abba.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thats a lie, you messaged me last night about the Barca formation you used and then asked me if I wanted to duet on Wham and Abba.

I dont think Wham or Abba are included on the Lips disc, not that i'd know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yeah yeah, sure you don't.
    We believe you :rolleyes:

Teaming up against me now I see, Thanks Moz, what could i expect from my rival from last years league...and this years!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Do you want a shovel to dig yourself out of that hole??

Dig up stupid!!! :p

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Do you want a shovel to dig yourself out of that hole??

Dig up stupid!!! :p

No, I might need a lift out at this stage.

Hense, no more replies from me on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Fair point, but it mightn't always be the person in the Fifa league thats playing another game, it could be a brother or sister or flatmate.

True you have a point. But I just think its not that hard to find a half an hour to play a match or two just so your not holding everyone up (not you personally).

Like the guys with only 6-10 games played when they should be on 15 or whatever its really dragging it on and not fair to the rest of us and the ones running the whole thing.

I was very busy myself for a while but still managed to get games done on Friday nights or during the weekend at some stage.

Thats all well and good saying that, it is only 15 mins per game, but you have to be online, your opponent has to be online, they have to message you back or accept your invite, or you have to take time to organise when you will both be on. It takes time. I've been on FIFA for about 3 hours this week, but only played one match.

And if someone is online, it could be their brother/sister/girlfriend, or in Axwell's case, boyfriend, playing. You could be sitting around the 360 drinking with friends, you could be in a party playing a game with 4 or 5 of your mates. For example, I'm going be drinking/gaming all day Saturday, I'll be online for a good amount of the day, but I won't be playing league matches with 5 lads screaming in my ear and trying to put me off.

If your online, you don't necessarily have to be ready to play a league match.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Thats all well and good saying that, it is only 15 mins per game, but you have to be online, your opponent has to be online, they have to message you back or accept your invite, or you have to take time to organise when you will both be on. It takes time. I've been on FIFA for about 3 hours this week, but only played one match.

And if someone is online, it could be their brother/sister/girlfriend, or in Axwell's case, boyfriend, playing. You could be sitting around the 360 drinking with friends, you could be in a party playing a game with 4 or 5 of your mates. For example, I'm going be drinking/gaming all day Saturday, I'll be online for a good amount of the day, but I won't be playing league matches with 5 lads screaming in my ear and trying to put me off.

If your online, you don't necessarily have to be ready to play a league match.

Never said ya did. But its not hard to pm someone and say "hey im not going to be able to play untill this day but ill be around saturday and sunday and after 5 monday.

That person then replies ya sound ill be on monday. And there you have it match set up.

Not hard is it? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

And if its not actually them on the xbox, should their brother sister or gf or whatever pm you back and organise a suitable time aswell? Or say you say to them hey ya ill be on Monday too but something comes up and your not on? Or if you say after 5, thats fairly vague and I wouldnt sit there waiting for the person to come on. Its pretty simple if you are on and so is the person just send a message and see if they want a match, if they do grand if they dont they dont. This used to annoy me last year but then some of the lads share houses or other people play on their xbox so its not always them playing when you see them online, also if they are on a different game chances are they came on to play that and not fifa. Theres a whole week set aside for 3 games its not like they all have to be playd within the first 3 days, you are on fifa all the time but not everyone else is, sometimes I prefer play something else or if ive lost a game the last thing i feel like doing is going into another game right after it when im annoyed over the previous one.

I would prefer people played their games same as you but unfortunately some people arent as keen to play them and are a few games behind. FG is taking action on it so its up to him to sort it out.

joe123 wrote: »
    Never said ya did. But its not hard to pm someone and say "hey im not going to be able to play untill this day but ill be around saturday and sunday and after 5 monday.

And of course, plans never change, right? :rolleyes:

"Hey, you coming out tonight"
    "No, I've to play a fifa match at 23.30".

See, I can do the rolleyes thing too. It used to be annoying having people missing out on games, and not accepting invites, but people have lives. If missing a couple of games here and there is the only thing that bothers you, you don't have much to worry about.

Its not like people actively avoid playing games, that I'd have a problem with. If people do their best to play, thats all you can ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I think life is unpredictable. Like everyone has said things can change.

I sent jim a message saying i should be on tonight barring something odd. Well my mate found 20 quid at 9 and we bought pizza and watched superbad. Who was i to get up in the middle of a sizzler and Michael Cera and say Sorry guys i've to go home and play an arranged xbox match.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so when does the next league start so new people can join in?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Yo Guys, I have one game left from Gameweek 5 against Hull and then I have three games next week. I am off to sunny Spain on Sunday :D so I wont be able to play any of these games till I come back. I might have time Saturday morning but I'm not sure. If I'm on, I'm on.

The new gameweek WILL start as normal. There will be no week delay. I have been reassured by people I PM'ed that games will be played by end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Whats peoples opinion on players trying the block the keepers kickouts glitch then get a handy tapin, IMO its worse than the last man tackle but I see it has become part of the league.

bennyc wrote: »
    Whats peoples opinion on players trying the block the keepers kickouts glitch then get a handy tapin, IMO its worse than the last man tackle but I see it has become part of the league.

Its total B*llocks, happens a bit on live, and 1 or 2 people (not mentioning any names) in the league tried it on me this season so far, but to no avail.

Way worse than the last man tackles IMO too.

PM name please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I've scored one ofthose the other day against my mate. Didn't know it was possible till then.

Last man tackles are alright. They are used in the football game and your going down a player so it's an alright sacrafice

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I've scored one ofthose the other day against my mate. Didn't know it was possible till then.

Last man tackles are alright. They are used in the football game and your going down a player so it's an alright sacrafice

Last man tackles are not alright, they have been addresses previously and im sure they are mentioned in the rules sticky at the top of the thread.

As for the blocking the keeper, its a bit unsporting and as CKW said a few players in the league do try it, have had it done a few times in practice matches, mainly because those doing it arent in the premiership..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I think life is unpredictable. Like everyone has said things can change.

I sent jim a message saying i should be on tonight barring something odd. Well my mate found 20 quid at 9 and we bought pizza and watched superbad. Who was i to get up in the middle of a sizzler and Michael Cera and say Sorry guys i've to go home and play an arranged xbox match.

:D

Great film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Not a fan of this either, hasn't happened me yet in the league so far though

Advertisement