Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah, I've to lose to you twice this week, but wont be on tonight, AC/DC is getting in the way of that, but I'm off tomorrow so if you're around during the day I should be on!!

No worries. Ye Ill be on during the day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

just out of interest i have been reading about the last man take down and it being "banned", how exactly does this work? what are the consequences. just to be aware of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Right it seems I have to play Man U and Real Madrid x 2 this week. I'm going away next wednesday to Belgium until the following tuesday so I'll have to try get my games done in the next few days. I should be on now in a little while and probably later on tonight if anyone's around.

Also got to play Man City(I think?) cos we couldnt connect for some reason there last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

just out of interest i have been reading about the last man take down and it being "banned", how exactly does this work? what are the consequences. just to be aware of it

pants down and spanky bottom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Schalke, I've to play you twice this week apparently.... will you be around Tuesday or Wednesday evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Schalke, I've to play you twice this week apparently.... will you be around Tuesday or Wednesday evening?

ill be around tomorrow evening but not wednesday,, and then ill be on thursday.
    Ill be on later tonight aswell

winston82 wrote: »
    ill be around tomorrow evening but not wednesday,, and then ill be on thursday.
    Ill be on later tonight aswell

Right job so, I'll be online for most of the evening 2moro... we can get them both out of the way then

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Righty O fellows. My 360 went and 3 red lighted on me. :(

I'm going to have to send it in for repair so I may be out of commission for while. I'm going to look into borrowing a spare 360 off a mate in the meantime but if that doesn't work out, I wont be able to play any league games.

I'm mostly up to date on my games so hopefully, it won't piss too many people off.

Again, sorry bout this. I'm betting Joe123 sent evil pixies to my house to sabotage my xbox so that he would run away with the league, so you can all blame him. :D *

*May or may not be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

Hi lads I will be on at around half 9 tonight, I have a good few games to play so if anyone is on we'll try to arrange a match

Boards Team - Man City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Lads heading to Spain in about 6 hours for 2 weeks, will be on in a while if anyone is about , still have a few games to play.

• Advertisement

got a spare xbox to use while the other one is being repaired. Great stuff.

No sign of anyone I have to play since I got online around 3 hours ago....

On the bright side, Luis Antonio Valencia is savage on fifa....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    got a spare xbox to use while the other one is being repaired. Great stuff.

Noooooooooooooo :mad:

Ah no im still confident!....as long as you dont score an early goal on me and start passing it around your back four for the rest of the game :p

To be fair, picture this scenario.

You are 2-1 ahead against your Arch rival. :D. Its the second half. Your opponent is STILL playing five at the back, even though he is behind and needs to win. He STILL hasn't gone high pressure or attacking on the d-pad.

Now, tell me......would you give him the ball? Didn't think so. If you arent working to get the ball back, you dont deserve it back. :D

And I think its worth pointing out you scored your your equalizing goal after I raided the right wing with Toni and nearly scored from a tight angle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bubs, Virgil..you guys around to play our matches this week?

To be fair, picture this scenario.

You are 2-1 ahead against your Arch rival. :D. Its the second half. Your opponent is STILL playing five at the back, even though he is behind and needs to win. He STILL hasn't gone high pressure or attacking on the d-pad.

Now, tell me......would you give him the ball? Didn't think so. If you arent working to get the ball back, you dont deserve it back. :D

And I think its worth pointing out you scored your your equalizing goal after I raided the right wing with Toni and nearly scored from a tight angle.

I had actually gone high attacking and high pressure on the d pad. But one of the really annoying things with Fifa is still only so many of your players will put pressure on so its un realistic.

So you can easily see out a game by knocking it back and over the backline. And if I had move my formation with my defense less than 5 the speed of Podolski would of just ripped ran through because there so slow.

Maybe its just me but I hate the passing it among the back four. At least it worked out in the end :p

Not true actually. Your defence line was "Deep"...the same as mine. If you go 3 up front...such as 4-3-3 and change "Deep" to High pressure in the custom tactics, your entire team pushes all the way up.

And with regards to changing from 5 at the back....well, you are behind. The impotice is on you to change things. You can't complain about not getting the ball when 8 out of your 11 players are camped outside your own box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Jaysus I've never once used high pressure :pac:

joe123 wrote: »
    Maybe its just me but I hate the passing it among the back four.

There is a line between doing it just for the sake of being a dick.

To be fair, when you've got 8 players camping in or around your own box and you are losing, then he's just exploiting a flaw in your tactics.

If you've changed tactics to something more suited to winning it high up the pitch..sometimes its difficult to get it back even if you have your tactics set perfectly for pressuring. After all, you only control one player at a time. Then he's just being a twat. It doesn't sound like that happened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cashelman (Man City), I'm online at the mo, I'll be on for another hour anyways if your around!!

• Advertisement

There is a line between doing it just for the sake of being a dick.

To be fair, when you've got 8 players camping in or around your own box and you are losing, then he's just exploiting a flaw in your tactics.

If you've changed tactics to something more suited to winning it high up the pitch..sometimes its difficult to get it back even if you have your tactics set perfectly for pressuring. After all, you only control one player at a time. Then he's just being a twat. It doesn't sound like that happened though.

I put my team onto high pressure and all out attack yet they still dont all press which is annoying seeing as i still play with 3 attackers right up top and the midfield pressing.

Personally im not a fan of it and I wouldnt do it.Id put it on the same level as hacking down the last man. Anyways Kirby got punished for it 3-2 :pac: I felt bloody great after that match :p

Seriously though it will be interesting the rematch. Could go down to goal difference if we both keep up our form.

Not true actually. Your defence line was "Deep"...the same as mine. If you go 3 up front...such as 4-3-3 and change "Deep" to High pressure in the custom tactics, your entire team pushes all the way up.

And with regards to changing from 5 at the back....well, you are behind. The impotice is on you to change things. You can't complain about not getting the ball when 8 out of your 11 players are camped outside your own box.

It is true!I think I know what I did with my own team! I stuck my team to all out attack and high pressure but still only two lads would press. Its one of my gripes with Fifa. Even when I play with Liverpool and im trying to press only a few lads will run forward (and thats not with 5 at the back).

i still play with 3 attackers right up top .

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

il be on tonight around 9.i gotta play ac milan and spurs.

Id love to know where your getting these 8 defenders camping in and around my box! i play with 5 defenders and two of them push right up along with two midfielders.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

8 would be fairly crowded alright, even with 5 at the back its hard to "beat it" as MJ would say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Are you around tonight to play our long overdue match?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Are you around tonight to play our long overdue match?

I have been on pretty much every night this week for at least an hour.

I can't guarantee anything about tonight as I have training for 2 hours. I should be on at some point though.

Id love to know where your getting these 8 defenders camping in and around my box! i play with 5 defenders and two of them push right up along with two midfielders.

Funny stuff

• Advertisement

I said 8 out of 11 players. And I was right. you forget, I know the formation too.

Keeper, 3 CB, 2 wing back, and the two midfielders. Thats eight. When you play "deep" as you do, it means 8 players are well inside your own half.

I don't wanna go over old ground....but again, you were behind and stuck with your formation. That is your right. But it's my right not to just lump it up the field and let you counterattack. You chose to pause the game and send an angry message about not getting the ball back instead of pausing and changing your tactics.

To be honest, I dont feel I should have to defend my position here mate. If you arent willing to come get the ball off me, I'm going to keep it. Thats football.

Advertisement