Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

I think we should move on from discussing a game that happened nearly 2 weeks ago and the same points seem to be getting repeated over and over again.

so anyway something different. what's the best goal you have scored or best goal that has been scored against you in this league?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Probably one of the goals from my last match. I think it was on the Volley and it was fairly sweetly struck by Toni. He is as slow as a truck but his finishing is godlike. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Town Man wrote: »
    so anyway something different. what's the best goal you have scored or best goal that has been scored against you in this league?

That goal against you last night was pretty sweet, as was my In Living Room Celebration and Roar...

Lets not mention the 3 you scored in our second game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I have been on pretty much every night this week for at least an hour.

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    I said 8 out of 11 players. And I was right. you forget, I know the formation too.

Keeper, 3 CB, 2 wing back, and the two midfielders. Thats eight. When you play "deep" as you do, it means 8 players are well inside your own half.

I don't wanna go over old ground....but again, you were behind and stuck with your formation. That is your right. But it's my right not to just lump it up the field and let you counterattack. You chose to pause the game and send an angry message about not getting the ball back instead of pausing and changing your tactics.

To be honest, I dont feel I should have to defend my position here mate. If you arent willing to come get the ball off me, I'm going to keep it. Thats football.

Ok il drop it after this. But ya do know the formation is one thing. But you can set individual player instructions. Im not gunna give you the ins and out of my formation/tactics but you can set certain players to just focus on attacking and never defend and vice a versa.

Needless to say not all of my 5 backs just sit and defend and neither do my midfielders. Therefore not really acting as part of my defense at all.

And the "angry" message I sent was saying "bad form just passing round your backline". Not exactly angry just more disapointed as weve had some really good practice matches without the passing it back and over your backline.

Anyways wel both agree to disagree. Looking forward to the rematch!

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    And the "angry" message I sent was saying "bad form just passing round your backline". Not exactly angry just more disapointed

Yes, throwing ones controller at the wall is obviously a sign of disappointment, not anger. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Spurs, Pool, Valencia, Milan and Arsenal ? My fixtures for this week. Should be on tonight . Not going to be around next week so wana get my fixtures done before weekend. Need 4/5 out of 5 to get a top 5 finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Me too!

Well if you played when I sent you an invite instead of saying you had no time, but still went and played an xbox live match after 5 mins after I sent you the invite, we would have our game done by now ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

so.. Um... I know I haven't been on in forever.. Sorry! I'm moving apt at the moment, and am trying to get broadband sorted.

Ill try and get on xbl on sunday night in my parents..

Apologies to all

Have Chelsea, Fiorentina and Bayern Munich this week.

Only really worried about the Chelsea game:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

so.. Um... I know I haven't been on in forever.. Sorry! I'm moving apt at the moment, and am trying to get broadband sorted.

Ill try and get on xbl on sunday night in my parents..

Apologies to all

Any ideas what time you will be on so can get our games out of the way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Well if you played when I sent you an invite instead of saying you had no time, but still went and played an xbox live match after 5 mins after I sent you the invite, we would have our game done by now ;););)

Lol, yeah yeah, I didn't have time as I was waiting on a lift to football, which could have come at any time!!

Quit your moaning and get the game played :p

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Quit your moaning and get the game played :p

Take your own advice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

is it way to late to join?

Yup. Infact we are more than halfway through. You can always join the next one though.....or one of the other leagues that are floating about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

well while i have you here and you must have it fancy a game? :P

ima jump on it now if your interested

Sorry, I'm on street fighter 4 at the moment. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bordauex, Werder Bremen and Villareal to play to get me fully up to date!

Any you lads be on later this evening or the next few days!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

whens the qualifying league starting. I wanna win stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

YoYo,

Should be on this evening.

I have Man U, Real & Spurs to play.

Will ye lads be on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Bordauex, Werder Bremen and Villareal to play to get me fully up to date!

Any you lads be on later this evening or the next few days!?

I'll be on tonight after 8 or 9 for a bit but then im busy most of the rest of the week so prob be friday night before im on again.
    is it way to late to join?

Sign up is open at the minute for season 5 which you can put your name down for right now..see here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055608051

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I'll be on after 10 tonight if anyone I still have to play is around,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I'll be on around 9 tonight for a while.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    YoYo,

Should be on this evening.

I have Man U, Real & Spurs to play.

Will ye lads be on?

I have bronchitis...since Saturday... will be back in the next couple of days hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I have bronchitis...since Saturday... will be back in the next couple of days hopefully

Get well soon Richie

I'll be on tonight for a while to catch up on my games.

3 games this week against Mise, Kirby, and Joe123, 1 draw and 2 defeats. am very happy with my performances as I did not disgrace myself against the top2. good games lads

yeh gg Town man.

I have to play Inter, Real Madrid, Man Utd, and Liverpool twice. Im online now. If any of you are available, message me on live or better yet, post in this thread.

Two liverpool games played now. Thanks for the games mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I've still to play West Ham &Bordeaux from Gameweek 4?
    Also have to play Benfica i think?

PM sent to VIRGIL, GAZ & SMCELHINNEY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

winston82 wrote: »
    Also have to play Benfica i think?

Nah we played last week the score was 3 - 2! Our next fixture is in a few weeks

Advertisement