Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

SDTimeout wrote: »

3rd Jul Fixture. GG, Totti is getting the goals in. One behind podolski now

How do ya check top scorers? Surely I must have some fiorentinas players in around that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have no problem with someone else running a seperate league as long as it is a different format to the one we are using!

The fact is, there are lots of players who want to play FIFA and one league wont handle them all. It also means I can be very choosy about who I let into the Official Boards League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah having said that, you should do something about the naming. We have two Boards Premierships, one Boards Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

joe123 wrote: »
    How do ya check top scorers? Surely I must have some fiorentinas players in around that?

It's in the league standing, As i have previously said your a freak of nature at fifa. I'm personally not counting 48 Goal Man Adrian Murgu ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

lads I'm going away Monday for 3 weeks but I shall be back on the 8th of August to play my games, I hope the league shall still be going. Promise I will get all my games played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

SDTimeout wrote: »
    It's in the league standing, As i have previously said your a freak of nature at fifa. I'm personally not counting 48 Goal Man Adrian Murgu ;)

Some of the names arent showing up tho. Like i know there is a player above and below podolski but the name bit is blank? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Thats a nice feature with the player stats.

Goal scorer list is

Mutu 45
    Podolski 28
    Totti 27
    Bent 23
    Klose 21
    Gillardino 20

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Bremen goals...

Goal 1, defender on by line pass ball to defender on edge of box ended up a defender passing the ball in front of the keeper for a tap in!

Goal 2, cross wasn't cleared, easy goal!

Goal 3, keeper comes out and gives away a penalty! NEVER A PENO!!!!

Goal 4, jammy goal, kicked straight at the keeper and goes in, kind of a lob kind of a shot, never seen anything like that before!!

In the worst run of form and getting very angry playing with Marseille lately! I can't find a break! Relegation battle here I come!!

Are you Lazio in disguise?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Are you Lazio in disguise?

Why do you say that?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bremen goals...

Goal 2, cross wasn't cleared, easy goal!

Goal 3, keeper comes out and gives away a penalty! NEVER A PENO!!!!

Goal 4, jammy goal, kicked straight at the keeper and goes in, kind of a lob kind of a shot, never seen anything like that before!!

Relegation battle here I come!!

Goal 2 you brought your keeper out i chipped him..dunno what cross your on about..
    Goal 3..definite peno you came out and up ended him, he was lucky to be able to stand after the tackle :p
    Goal 4..just a simple lob when you brought your keeper out, nothing amazing about it.

As for relegation im going to be there with you but I dont know if its going to be a battle, your the first game ive won in ages..actually your the first game since i beat you last time i think :D

• Advertisement

Why do you say that?

It seems that you have 4 Titus Brambles at the back too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Here Titus Bramble is the rock in my Wigan defence in the other league, he stopped Arsenal and Liverpool from scoring in play, pity the rest of the players are dire tho but in Titus there is Vidic like qualities :D

Axwell wrote: »
    Goal 2 you brought your keeper out i chipped him..dunno what cross your on about..
    Goal 3..definite peno you came out and up ended him, he was lucky to be able to stand after the tackle :p
    Goal 4..just a simple lob when you brought your keeper out, nothing amazing about it.

As for relegation im going to be there with you but I dont know if its going to be a battle, your the first game ive won in ages..actually your the first game since i beat you last time i think :D

The second goal you scored was a lob?

I'm conceding so many goals in this league it's hard to keep track of them all :(

I wish!!!!

The second goal you scored was a lob?

I'm conceding so many goals in this league it's hard to keep track of them all :(

I know what ya mean, why do you think I did the robot to you so much and airplane to the corner, i havent got to celebrate a goal in weeks!! Ok and yes obviously cos i was playing against you..its tradition! :D

I cant see me avoiding relegation unless i win um lets say..every game I have left!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Garball

I've a few games to catch up on so il be on around 9 tonight

Valencia

I know what ya mean, why do you think I did the robot to you so much and airplane to the corner, i havent got to celebrate a goal in weeks!! Ok and yes obviously cos i was playing against you..its tradition! :D

I cant see me avoiding relegation unless i win um lets say..every game I have left!

I know what you mean, I think a major change in tactics is needed by me!

And at least I got to do my airplane/robot too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Lads im away from tomorrow until next Tuesday so il be on tonight if anyones that needs to play me is on?

Iv made contact with the lads from my back dated games last week, played some..not played some ...

ciao

I know what you mean, I think a major change in tactics is needed by me!

And at least I got to do my airplane/robot too :cool:

Only the once though :P..i especially like the one I dint in front of your keeper as he stood there staring at me...

I've a few games overdue..i know Virgil is moving house but the rest of ye get the finger out and send invites or organise them..ive posted here asking when people will be on and heard nothing.

the rest of ye get the finger out

Yeah, they better, otherwise the games will never get played, because God knows your finger has been lodged up there for so long, it'd be damn near impossible for you to pull it out now.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they better, otherwise the games will never get played, because God knows your finger has been lodged up there for so long, it'd be damn near impossible for you to pull it out now.

That saying implied their fingers are lodged up their own actually..go back to bed and suffer with your swine flu sick boy..serves you right for raping a pig anyways :P

Im away to france tomorrow. 7-10 days. Undecided yet when were comin home.

Valencia , Villa ,

Wondering if i see either barca, bayern or chelsea online tonight could i play it. Just so im not playing catch up by possibly two weeks when i get back.

Guess not :D I'm goen france now. Should be back in a week actually as i'm going to the milk cup to watch my mate play chelsea.

CYA

Hi guys, I have Manchester United and Liverpool to play from this game week. I haven't been able to get on until late each evening but I may be on earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have Manchester United and Liverpool to play from this game week. I haven't been able to get on until late each evening but I may be on earlier today.

i'll be tonight as well(im liverpool), what time do you reckon you'll be on at futureguy?
    I also have to play inter, but haven't seen him online in a couple of weeks is off on holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I have to play Inter from a few weeks back.. Sent a message a few weeks ago and a friend request last week, but havent heard anything..

Ill be online later too..

darraghjm wrote: »
    i'll be tonight as well(im liverpool), what time do you reckon you'll be on at futureguy?
    I also have to play inter, but haven't seen him online in a couple of weeks is off on holidays?

Inter is on holidays atm. I'll be on until 7pm and then maybe 1030 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

grand job, i'll catch you at around 10.30 so

I assume by your phrasing of this you are saying that this game is from gameweek 9, I thought there was a rule that playing games ahead of there date made them void? However you have that same fixture unplayed since the 5th of June so if anything thats a long overdue game instead of an early start to your game week. You might clarify have you both played each other before as there is no record of the the result on the fixtures and results website which would mean this is the result for the 5th of June fixture.

Comprehension, fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Bordeaux (smcelhinney), Everton (Sparky360), Hamburg (Dufflecoatsunri)

These people to play!!??

Advertisement