Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I never realised custom tactics were so common! I played richie last night west ham v benfica. I think you had some wierd formation alright but I always use the default.

Ive only started using custom tactics on ranked matches as playing the Barca/Uniteds when there form is good is a nightmare against the slow liverpool defence. So I play 6 at the back.

Im thinking i might need to have custom tactics for the league as my defence will surely be ALOT slower than the likes of ronaldo/villa/Torres running at me.

Hope i get a good team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

joe123 wrote: »
    I never realised custom tactics were so common! I played richie last night west ham v benfica. I think you had some wierd formation alright but I always use the default.

Yeah, I was using a crazy formation alright. It works very well against some players, and sometimes I get destroyed. Depends on how the teams match up. I'll be avoiding using that one in the actual league. Its dodgy.

I have two that I usually use, think I'll stick to those. I need to recreate my custom tactics that I lost, although I can't remember the settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Not exactly league discussion but how do you make a second string team in Ultimate team. See people switching between a good team and a development one and was wondering how it's done.

Actually, was thinking about this. If a player is going on holiday for a week or so is it possible to get the next weeks games played in advance or would we be backtracking? Summer league and all that means it's definitely going to happen

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Not exactly league discussion but how do you make a second string team in Ultimate team. See people switching between a good team and a development one and was wondering how it's done.

Actually, was thinking about this. If a player is going on holiday for a week or so is it possible to get the next weeks games played in advance or would we be backtracking? Summer league and all that means it's definitely going to happen

Mods straying off topic...whatever next ;)

Re UT, I reckon they dont have any subs, just a squad of 2 teams.

RE catching up on games, I'm cracking down on this. If someone knows they cannot play fixtures, they will need to alert myself and mr moon so we can reschedule games. Same goes for any RRODs. We need to be kept informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

playa3 wrote: »
    Wahey i got Villa!

Actually I've never really played with them that much, anyone got any hints other than running really fast with Young and Agbonlahor?:pac:

There's still a fair few very good teams out there, the next three teams on my list are still left anyway.

Agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, damn you playa3!! I was hoping to get Villa again.... Agbonlahor, Young and Carew are class!! Their default setup is pretty good but their defense wouldn't be the best. So my later games, I played a 4 man defense with a defender sitting close to the back 4. Then had Young playing off the front 2. Seemed to work pretty well for me.

Yippeee....200th post!!! :-)

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    We'll be starting Friday regardless of whether we finish picks today or Friday.

This Friday? Ahhhh that's the day that UFC is out!!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    This Friday? Ahhhh that's the day that UFC is out!!

Man of taste right here. Will be a tough balancing act

Man of taste right here. Will be a tough balancing act

Yeah, I'll be clearing my calendar for a weekend of non-stop UFC/FIFA. I might aswell book an appointment with Specsavers on Monday to try and fix whatever damage I do to my eyes in those 48 hours. Worth it though.

Yeah, I'll be clearing my calendar for a weekend of non-stop UFC/FIFA. I might aswell book an appointment with Specsavers on Monday to try and fix whatever damage I do to my eyes in those 48 hours. Worth it though.

I'm anxiously awaiting pulling off my first outrageous Damien Maia submission

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I'm anxiously awaiting pulling off my first outrageous Damien Maia submission

Im awaiting smashing you and richie so badly (in this league) into a pulp (like a ufc fighter would) your own mothers wont recognise ya!! :D

• Advertisement

Please keep all posts relevant to the title of the thread. There is a fighting game section located under Games

hows the team choosing coming along? Im becoming impatient :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FG by removing all the posts in the team selection thread and only editing the original post its slipping down the threads and looks like it doesnt get updated. Might be an idea to post a comment each time the next selections are due to keep it alive and at the top so people see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Sorry was studying all day so didnt keep up, but sent my list on now :)

Axwell wrote: »
    FG by removing all the posts in the team selection thread and only editing the original post its slipping down the threads and looks like it doesnt get updated. Might be an idea to post a comment each time the next selections are due to keep it alive and at the top so people see it.

This is true...

Also, It might also be a good idea for people to post in that thread saying they've sent their choice to FG, so we know who is holding up the show or allows us to see when things are moving on as they happen. Helps to keep it at the top too.

For all we know, nobody from the next 4 might have picked and its a waste of time checking for the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

This is true...

Also, It might also be a good idea for people to post in that thread saying they've sent their choice to FG, so we know who is holding up the show or allows us to see when things are moving on as they happen. Helps to keep it at the top too.

For all we know, nobody from the next 4 might have picked and its a waste of time checking for the next day.

I've PM'd my list anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Town Man

me too

Nice one lads..Kirby and Nedved have submitted theirs too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Why not just sticky it until everyone has picked their teams?

Will the latest picks be up tonight? Im next in line finally :pac:

• Advertisement

Good input everyone. While I feel that making it a sticky is an abuse of my mod powers, I will rename the title whenever we update.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Good input everyone. While I feel that making it a sticky is an abuse of my mod powers, I will rename the title whenever we update.

did you get my choice future guy?

I have 3 of the 4 selections. Am pming the final person on boards and on Live

Arghhh so close. Whos holding up the show? They all said they submitted earlier I think...

Next batch of 4 now up...joe123/reganovski/mika27/sparky360

joe123 wrote: »
    Arghhh so close. Whos holding up the show? They all said they submitted earlier I think...

take a chill pill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

MOVED FROM TEAM SELECTION THREAD: So to post this here after I pm'd you but am I being added?

Brimmy wrote: »
    So to post this here after I pm'd you but am I being added?

There is a general discussion thread to be used for discussions. Because you missed the signup sheet that has been there for weeks, it will be hard, but I will try to accomodate you but no promises. Personally, I would like to have 18 per league so if another person says they missed the signup sheet, I will add both of you providing it doesnt screw up the balance of the league in any way. This player would have to have been someone from Serie A last year or someone promoted from Serie B. However, ye will be down the pecking order of picks for your respective leagues.

So I can't guarantee anything. I have to be fair to everone that has already signed up.

Town Man wrote: »
    take a chill pill

Well I was only jokin! Im so so sorry.

EDIT: Just picked there. Had spurs, Bayern, man city and athletico all in mind. All picked there as luck would have it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Fair enough. I had thought being in the qualifying league and playing games was intention enough that I wanted in but if that's your system so be it.

Hopefully someone else does join so :)

Advertisement