Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bordeaux (aka Virgil) is in the middle of moving house and setting up broadband..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

You don't often have a good idea, but whats seldom is wonderful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I did sooooo bad last year in this!!

After all this time Axwell comes up with a decent idea!! :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I did sooooo bad last year in this!!

After all this time Axwell comes up with a decent idea!! :p

Yup..we are still waiting on yours :D

Least this lets you pick a team you actually want but then still do crap..thank god wont have to listen to you complain and curse on the mic with this tho :P (notice you were very quiet the other night during our games!?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Sorry lads I fell behind for a few weeks as I was away etc. but i still have to play so just PM when you want to organise a match.

Still have to play;

Bordeaux (v1rg1l)
    Hamburg (DuffleCoatXbox)
    Hull City (Ben SFC)
    Lazio (RichieMUFC)
    Lyon (R0nBurgunee)
    Marseilleb (Dj DigitalMoose)
    Newcastle Utd ( G M E 27)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

what are the rules? are people aloud transfers every week? coz that ruins it. You should pick your team and be made stick with it. There is no skill in just transferring in the form players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Kirby wrote: »
    what are the rules? are people aloud transfers every week? coz that ruins it. You should pick your team and be made stick with it. There is no skill in just transferring in the form players.

Costs you points off your total if you transfer players.

Lads i made it clear in the post there wasnt to be any discussion of it here, its against the charter but FG has agreed to let me post the code and the details from the league so people can join. If there is further discussion on it FG will have to close it from the thread. Check out the site for the rules and how its played everything is there then join if you wish to play.

Edit: Also can you make sure you send me a pm to say who you are in the league as I dont want randomers or lads that arent in the league jumping in and will remove anyone that does, its setup for those currently in our league. Come the opening day ill be removing anyones name I havent got a pm from.

Edit:Cheers to those that have already pmmed their details have a few signed up already, should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »

Being allowed transfers adds a hell of alot more to the game. People that know there football can often make a great transfer one week that helps them to a load of points.

There is definitely luck involved in the game but if you dont know your football you wont do well. Try it and youll get hooked and youll see you actually need to think ahead regard fixtures etc. Its a quality game that makes the premierleague all the more interesting. Youll end up watching games like stoke v Wigan just because you have a midfielder playing you need to do well.

Finished 1200 out of 2 million last year. Was 800th the second last week. 20th in the main boards league. But private leagues with money in the pot is where its at. Made 475 quid last year from it.

Axwell wrote: »
    Joe can you not read?

No :(

• Advertisement

FG when you get a chance can you remove the above posts for those that cant read simple instructions..thanks.

Backseat modding. Thats not allowed. Your bold.

What is your problem? Read the posts above, discussion about it isnt allowed, FG let me post to give the code and tell people about it on the condition discussion was kept off here. I posted that and asked people not to post discussion so it could go ahead yet you come on like some little child and continue to do so even though you have been asked not to. Are you trying to just ruin it for everyone else?

Not at all. I was just letting Kirby know that its a really fun game if you get into it. You replied asking can I read. I jokingly replied saying no thinking it would be left at that. But did you really feel the need to reply again asking for posts to be deleted?

Can you ever let things go? More often that not you always seem to be arguing with someone about something on here.

Seen as you read the part about not posting why continue to do so thinking it would be funny? More often than not you just seem to be trying to get on peoples nerves on here

My post to Kirby wasnt meant to be funny at all. Just informing him that fantasy football is good craic.

It seems quite alot of people get on your nerves. Anyways bygones be bygones yes?

Theres a forum on the fantasy football league itself so you can discuss it there ill setup a thread for it now.

I'll be on tonight and tomorrow to clear some Lazio league games out of the way... although, playing as United and Villa recently has probably ruined me completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Lads I am just back from Holidays and we had a lightning storm here so as well as one TV gone the bloody XBox was still plugged into the Eircom box and the ethernet port is borked. I will need to get a wifi card so its gonna take a few days to fund.

Gamertag bennycon
    Team RealMadrid

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

I'll be on tonight to play some games, I'm off on holidays next week, so won't to be up to date before I go next wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I will be on tonight, so if anyone that has to play me will be about it would be sweet tog et them outta the way!

Ah, here, my internet connection is ****ed.... I've tried to play Lyon twice and both times, we've lost connection before we've even kicked a ball.... although, thankfully the result wasnt recorded

I lost connection 3 times in UFC right before this too, just before this when I was trying to play tournament games (although suspiciously, it went everytime there was a submission).

I dunno if its safe to play league games at the moment. I already handed out 3 points like confetti during season 1 for connection failures....dont want to do it again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'll join up when I get time to make a team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Bordeaux (aka Virgil) is in the middle of moving house and setting up broadband..

Still trying btw, sorry about this. Turns out Im on an old exchange which they're in the middle of upgrading. From 50Mb FTTH to bloody dialup in one fell swoop.

Im a couple of weeks behind at this stage, but I'll see if I can get over to a mates gaff on the weekend.

Whats the story with your man Dufflecoat? I've an overdue game against him and haven't heard from him at all. This is strange as he was basically stalking me around 1 mins after the fixtures were posted when he was Roma last season... :D

Fantasy Football..

Cheers to those that have joined, so far we have 11 teams but im hoping the rest of you sign up, it will be good craic. Some of you still have to send me a pm with your team name so I know who you are (see below).

Torres Scorres
    Carrigans Celtic
    Wadelai FC
    Ray Finkles XI

Also there has been some interest in putting some money in a pot, €10 a head seems to be the general consensus with winner takes all at the end. It makes it much more exciting and interesting and with 11 involved so far it could be a nice pot for someone to win. All the money will have to be paid in advance and a list of those that have paid will be posted before the season kicks off, no late payments will be accepted. Paypal is probably the handiest way to organise it I would say. Maybe those interested could just post and give a yes below so we can see.

Sounds good to me! Another tenner down :(

Would we be able to have a thread on here so we can discuss the season and have a bit of banter? The main fantasy thread is far too big to keep up with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yes here too.

Fantasy Football..

Cheers to those that have joined, so far we have 11 teams but im hoping the rest of you sign up, it will be good craic. Some of you still have to send me a pm with your team name so I know who you are (see below).

Torres Scorres
    Carrigans Celtic
    Wadelai FC
    Ray Finkles XI

Also there has been some interest in putting some money in a pot, €10 a head seems to be the general consensus with winner takes all at the end. It makes it much more exciting and interesting and with 11 involved so far it could be a nice pot for someone to win. All the money will have to be paid in advance and a list of those that have paid will be posted before the season kicks off, no late payments will be accepted. Paypal is probably the handiest way to organise it I would say. Maybe those interested could just post and give a yes below so we can see.

A thread here would be helpful, you will have to ask the boss...FG where are you?? Im sure if we kept it fantasy football related, which i might add is a simulation itself it should be within the charter???

So far in for a tenner are:

Me
    Moz
    Mr Moon

Lads, I may as well collect the money cause I'll be taking it at the end anyway :p

Dream on kid. Will be interesting to see everyones team!

Some of you still have to send me a pm with your team name so I know who you are (see below).
    Lads, I may as well collect the money cause I'll be taking it at the end anyway :p

Axwell, my team name will probably be a dirty jibe at Moon....just so you know who it is when you see the team name.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Axwell, my team name will probably be a dirty jibe at Moon....just so you know who it is when you see the team name.

Oh really!!!! We're all waiting to see what you can come up with so!!

PS if we had this in our own thread right now we wouldn't be wasting SOOO much of the league thread!

Axwell, start it up!!

• Advertisement

Oh really!!!! We're all waiting to see what you can come up with so!!

"Your team name can be up to 20 characters. Please think carefully before choosing a team name, teams with unsuitable names will be suspended from the game. "

Your lucky!!!!!!!

Advertisement