Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    "Your team name can be up to 20 characters. Please think carefully before choosing a team name, teams with unsuitable names will be suspended from the game. "

Woops.. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    A thread here would be helpful, you will have to ask the boss...FG where are you?? Im sure if we kept it fantasy football related, which i might add is a simulation itself it should be within the charter???

So far in for a tenner are:

Me
    Moz
    Mr Moon

You know what, I cannot see a reason why we cannot have a fantasy football thread here.

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Anyone else having trouble playing league games recently?
    Myself and HokemPokem keep getting this game session is no longer available. Both Nat settings are fine so im a bit lost as to what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. We played our first league game months ago without a hitch, but this time we can't seem to connect. Invite to game, sit there for 5 seconds and bam, it boots us both from the room. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I couldn't even get onto LIVE last night, it was complaining about NAT settings, I changed nothing, just got that error message all of a sudden.

• Advertisement

Yup. Houston, We have a problem.

Me and Assasin just played a game in the Boards practice league. No problem at all. Only a problem with the main league.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am Carrigans Celtic and you can stick me down for a tenner also.

A thread here would be helpful, you will have to ask the boss...FG where are you?? Im sure if we kept it fantasy football related, which i might add is a simulation itself it should be within the charter???

So far in for a tenner are:

Me
    Moz
    Mr Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kirby wrote: »
    Yup. Houston, We have a problem.

Me and Assasin just played a game in the Boards practice league. No problem at all. Only a problem with the main league.

:(

I used to get this problem a fair bit too. Ive noticed it usually fixes itself if you just go to your network settings in the xbox dashboard and run a connection test and just go back and try and play your game again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bennyc wrote: »
    I am Carrigans Celtic and you can stick me down for a tenner also.

All fantasy football talk goes here now

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055630528

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Its getting harder to play games in the league with some people seeming to have dissappeared/hols/lost interest??

Should be round most of this weekend if theres any of you still playing

Gameweek 8 games
    Real Madrid v Fiorentina
    Fiorentina v Tottenham Hotspur

Gameweek 9 games
    Valencia v Fiorentina
    Fiorentina v AC Milan

Gameweek 10 games
    Fiorentina v AS Roma
    Aston Villa v Fiorentina
    Fiorentina v Atletico Madrid

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    I used to get this problem a fair bit too. Ive noticed it usually fixes itself if you just go to your network settings in the xbox dashboard and run a connection test and just go back and try and play your game again.

No mate, me and BFassasin couldn't connect. So we waited an hour and tried again. no luck. So we waited a day, tried again. no luck. at all.

Then we went into the practice league and had several games. It was odd. Ive noticed that nobody has played in the league in the last few days so its hard to see if its a broad problem or not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ive the following fixtures if people are around send me a message:

Werder Bremen v Bordeaux
    Bordeaux v Werder Bremen
    Lazio v Werder Bremen
    Werder Bremen v Newcastle Utd
    Werder Bremen v Schalke 04
    Sevilla v Werder Bremen
    Werder Bremen v Udinese
    Villareal v Werder Bremen

Also Moon you have my result against Sampdoria in wrong, I won 2-1 not lost, its hard enough to get a win without you putting in the wrong results after :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

No mate, me and BFassasin couldn't connect. So we waited an hour and tried again. no luck. So we waited a day, tried again. no luck. at all.

Then we went into the practice league and had several games. It was odd. Ive noticed that nobody has played in the league in the last few days so its hard to see if its a broad problem or not.
    Yeah it appears to be a problem with the league but then again it might just have been a weird coincedence that happened when me and Kirby played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

joe123 wrote: »
    Its getting harder to play games in the league with some people seeming to have dissappeared/hols/lost interest??

Should be round most of this weekend if theres any of you still playing

Gameweek 8 games
    Real Madrid v Fiorentina
    Fiorentina v Tottenham Hotspur

Gameweek 9 games
    Valencia v Fiorentina
    Fiorentina v AC Milan

Gameweek 10 games
    Fiorentina v AS Roma
    Aston Villa v Fiorentina
    Fiorentina v Atletico Madrid

Iv a flu at the moment so wouldnt be confident of playing you with it, hopefully will be better tomorrow/sunday, just give me a shout

Athletico Madrid..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

hey guys, Im finally getting on to Xbox live for about 4 hours between 2 and 6pm tomorrow.

I know its a lot to ask, but would be great if I could get as many as my overdue games done as possible. Let me know if ur around

hey guys, Im finally getting on to Xbox live for about 4 hours between 2 and 6pm tomorrow.

I know its a lot to ask, but would be great if I could get as many as my overdue games done as possible. Let me know if ur around

Ya I should be able to pop on at some stage in that slot to play you..also see the fantasy football thread on here if you are interested in signing up. You probably missed it not being around much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Cool, I'll get on to play you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I should be on after 5 tomorrow to play you aswell virgil... presuming traffic isn't mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Any word on Reganovski getting his xbox back from repair? The game against Sevilla is the only game I have overdue.

Actually, just looking at the fixtures overdue...theres a hell of a lot. Futureguy, will there be a week where no new fixtures will be played so people can catch up? I know there was talk of it a couple of weeks back and it didnt go ahead but the fixtures are piling up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Moiph wrote: »
    Any word on Reganovski getting his xbox back from repair? The game against Sevilla is the only game I have overdue.

Actually, just looking at the fixtures overdue...theres a hell of a lot. Futureguy, will there be a week where no new fixtures will be played so people can catch up? I know there was talk of it a couple of weeks back and it didnt go ahead but the fixtures are piling up a bit.

My xbox arrived back on Friday but there was noone around to collect it so they are gonna deliver it again on Monday. So hopefully I'll be back playing Monday night. I will post all my outstanding fixtures then.

• Advertisement

Mine only took two weeks. Dead impressed with the service considering it had to go to Germany.

Mine only took two weeks. Dead impressed with the service considering it had to go to Germany.

Yeah same with me, went on a Monday and was back the Friday the following week....only I wasn't at home to collect it. :mad:
    I left the hard drive in it, didn't know I had to take it out. Not sure what implications that has. :confused:

Ive been on but no sign on of you and it still says you not been on in 28 days so doesnt look like i missed you..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Ive been on but no sign on of you and it still says you not been on in 28 days so doesnt look like i missed you..
    No, you didn't miss me.. Got on about 3.3 and it appears that my account is suspended, realised my credit card is expired.

Getting ms points today, will try and be on later. Really sorry lads. I'm in complete cold turkey here...

Reganovski wrote: »
    Yeah same with me, went on a Monday and was back the Friday the following week....only I wasn't at home to collect it. :mad:
    I left the hard drive in it, didn't know I had to take it out. Not sure what implications that has. :confused:

Unfortunately not home again today to collect it so it will be delivered to work tomorrow.
    I will hopefully be on tomorrow night....that is if its working!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I agree to the pause of fixtures for one week. Noone is ever on when I go to check the league.

In bold are my outstanding fixtures, the rest are this weeks. If you are any of the following, please send me a pm or reply here with a time we can play!!!

LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 7
    RESULT: Bordeaux (smcelhinney) v Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90)

GAMEWEEK: 8
    RESULT: Hamburg (Dufflecoatsunri) v Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90)

GAMEWEEK: 9
    RESULT: LAZIO (RichieMUFC) v Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90)

GAMEWEEK: 9
    RESULT: Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90) v OLYMPIC LYONNAIS (R0nBurgundee)

GAMEWEEK: 10
    RESULT: Blackburn Rovers (boards name) v Newcastle (GME27)

RESULT: Sampdoria (mr robinson) v Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90)

RESULT: Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90) v Schalke 04 (Winston 82)

I dont see the need for a break it wont make any difference, it didnt last season and unless people actively make an effort to organise the games would be a waste of a week.

Looking at your fixtures above Bordeaux hasnt got broadband at the minute so not much he can do but apart from him the others are on most evenings so shouldnt be much hassle playing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I wouldn't mind a weeks break to be honest. Its fairly messy at this stage with people moving house, having rrod, or never, ever being online in the evenings.

Its gonna be a free-for-all unless we break and catch up.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a weeks break to be honest. Its fairly messy at this stage with people moving house, having rrod, or never, ever being online in the evenings.

Its gonna be a free-for-all unless we break and catch up.

Ya but RROD takes 2 wks to get fixed and if people are never on in the evenings they wont be on that week either so it wont really improve anything. I said it last year and ill say it again without an ultimatum people dont feel paniced into playing their games. There was talk at the start of punishment if people were falling behind and not playing their games so maybe something needs to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

RESULT: Sampdoria (mr robinson) v Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90)

I can play tomorrow or Wednesday...

And....

I still have to play:

Sampdoria v Sevilla
    Benfica v Sampdoria
    Bordeaux v Sampdoria
    Sampdoria v Villareal

Advertisement