Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Last time, I was against a break because there was only a handful of outstanding games. Now, there are loads. A break seems like a good idea tbh.

Having said that, some people just arent coming on. I'm online EVERY day and have like 6 games outstanding. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Axwell wrote: »
    so it wont really improve anything.

It won't dis-improve anything, so why not try it rather than having it turn into one giant mess at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I agree with Axwell on this one. A weeks break wont fix anything. Those who dont bother to play their games still wont bother to play their games. Those with RROD well there will be someone new the next week with RROD.

Whats the point in delaying it. Get onto those who are way behind. Tell them your out if you dont get a certain number done or thats that. And if they say fine, well give everyone a bye against them and never let them join another boards league.

Ive managed to play 24 or something games. There are people in our league who have played 12. Not on really. Everyones busy but everyone can make time aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Thing is you can't do much if you're on checking every single day numerous times and the people you have to play still aren't on. I always play my games on time, but in the last 2 weeks I'd say, hardly anyone is on and it's very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Thing is you can't do much if you're on checking every single day numerous times and the people you have to play still aren't on. I always play my games on time, but in the last 2 weeks I'd say, hardly anyone is on and it's very frustrating!

Yeah I agree it is frustrating. I usually make time to check if theres anyone around but thats probably because Id rather play a bit of Xbox than watch something on the tv these days. Especially with no football on at the minute yad think people would be around a bit more.

Some lads ive to play havent been online in over 20 days. And then theres those who are online playing something different. I send them a message and they never reply and before someone says "it could be my brother or whoever" when you see a message whenever your on you should reply.

Theres been plenty of times ive been pmed or pmed someonoe and we arrange a time wether it be 20 mins or just later in the evening or sometime tomorrow if one of us are busy.

Theres no excuse really for some people having played so few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Well something has to be done one way or another whether it be a break or whatever. I only have one game to play and its from this week against Axwell

I know my connection is currently being raped, but is it generally laggy for everyone else?

I played 3 games, one I had a four second lag between pressing the button and the player actually doing whatever.... and the other 2 my opponents quit straight away because of lag. Stuck playing offline now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I'm finally starting to get some of my back log of games out of the way now. And it looks like the break did me well! Won 3 of the 4 i've played in the last few days, and the other one was against joe123 so 5-1 was respectable enough:p

Will continue trying to catch up, but as others have said, it's hard when people aren't on very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Must get to play Reganovski too, he had to go to bed when my lag was gone.

11pm is my bedtime :D and it was way past my bedtime by then :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I know my connection is currently being raped, but is it generally laggy for everyone else?

I played 3 games, one I had a four second lag between pressing the button and the player actually doing whatever.... and the other 2 my opponents quit straight away because of lag. Stuck playing offline now.

Yeah, I got the same against Duffle, was raging after cause I probably would've won the game!!

Turned off the xbox after was too angry to play anymore!

Maybe the Russians are hacking all the broadband in Ireland now!!

• Advertisement

Okay, here are my outstanding games. I'd like to get em played if possible. I'm Bayern Munich, and my GamerTag is HokemPokem.

Gameweek 5
    Inter Milan - Deliverance XXV

Gameweek 7
    Real Madrid - bennycon

Gameweek 8
    Spurs - SeanMeisterSa
    Valencia - Garball1
    AC Milan - MackerelMan

Gameweek 9
    Roma - SD Timeout
    Villa - PlayaThree

Obviously, people are busy and are playing other games. Thats cool. I'm often playing other stuff too. But I'm online every day and would love some games of fifa. When I see you guys online, Ill message you. Please message me if you see me online too. :D.

I think its worth pointing out that SeanMeisterSa and bennycon have been offline for over a month. Are they red ringed?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭darraghjm

hey,

going on holidays on today, wont be back till the 17th of august.
    darraghjm(liverpool)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Guys, to be honest, just randomly checking if people are online is not going to get games completed. You need to be more proactive and pm the players and arrange a time between yourselves.

Come the end of the season, I'm going to be pretty ruthless regarding cutting people from next year.

There are PLENTY of people dying to get into this league from qualifying.

I have a good idea of who is trying and who can't be bothered. So I don't want anyone crying to me or Mr Moon at the end of the season when they realised they havent been invited back in.

Reganovski wrote: »
    11pm is my bedtime :D and it was way past my bedtime by then :D

No worries, probably catch you on late tonight or late tomorrow. I've go carting this evenin' and training tomorrow, so probably be on after 10 on both nights?
    Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the same against Duffle, was raging after cause I probably would've won the game!!

Turned off the xbox after was too angry to play anymore!

Maybe the Russians are hacking all the broadband in Ireland now!!

Damn Russians. Damn lag. Sure I sent you that message for a friendly, but gave up and went to play offline.... thankfully it was better then after 11.

Sorry lads I've been away for the last 2 and a half weeks so that's why my games have built up.

Ill be back up and running either tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Im home saturday, will prob play games weekend.

I was very rusty in my first match back. Ill have to play much better.

Ill be on for the day today if anyone's on that I have to play.

Benfica
    Werder Bremen
    Sevilla
    Villarreal
    West Ham
    Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Kirby wrote: »

I think its worth pointing out that SeanMeisterSa and bennycon have been offline for over a month. Are they red ringed?

I am close enough , I have to buy a fecking wifi adapter as the ethernet port got fried. Cheapest I can see is 50 on gamestop but its gonna take a few days to get the funds together as ALL my sh1t seems to be breaking together,phone, Laptop , TV even had to buy a f$%king lawnmower last weekend for 2K.

I might have to get the loan of one for a while but when I do I will pm everyone in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

bennyc wrote: »
    I am close enough , I have to buy a fecking wifi adapter as the ethernet port got fried. Cheapest I can see is 50 on gamestop but its gonna take a few days to get the funds together as ALL my sh1t seems to be breaking together,phone, Laptop , TV even had to buy a f$%king lawnmower last weekend for 2K.

I might have to get the loan of one for a while but when I do I will pm everyone in advance.

2K??? What kind of fancy lawnmower is that? :D

mika27 wrote: »
    2K??? What kind of fancy lawnmower is that? :D

Must be a ride-on one.....

..made of solid gold.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The shop must have had big windows, they saw him coming from a mile off!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Kirby wrote: »
    Very tight game here.....probably the closest Ive had in the league. playathree kept the ball very well and defended well also.

I rounded the keeper and hit the post at nil all and was sure that I had blown it. I wasn't happy with my tactics and kept changing them trying to find a way to break him down. Luckily, I managed to work a good triangle with five minutes left and scored. I Also missed a sitter with the last kick of the game but it didn't matter in the end.

Enjoyed this one, how you are at the bottom of the league I'll never know. You showed some skill in that one mate.

Yeah I really enjoyed that game too even though there wasn't to many goals or chances.(also the fact i lost:P)

Not sure how I'm so close to the bottom, most of my games have been quite close but I just kept losing them. Results have picked up a lot recently though, so hope it'll keep going that way.

I've still got plenty of games to get through so hopefully I can play a few at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Mr Moon wrote: »
    The shop must have had big windows, they saw him coming from a mile off!!! :pac:

Trust me when I say it was a good deal , 3K everywhere else down to 2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Back now lads, sorry about that xbox died there and live ran out, going to try and get the games played now asap, good first game back anyways :)

joe123 wrote: »
    LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK:6?
    Result: Spurs(Seanmeister) 5 - 2 Fiorentina(Joe123)

First defeat of the league and I dont like it! :P Played absolute ****e and deserved to loose. Should of stopped playing after that Bayern Munich match.

:eek:

Thats some nice play there smegball. This will make the finish to the league a real nail biter for me and joe. its down to who can hold their nerve against the class guys loitering at the top like you and chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I played 2 great games against Keen and Mise yesterday, then I couldn't connect with SeanMeisterSa to play.

I have eircom broadband and a Netgear DG834Gv4 router.

I never had an issue playing on Live before, but I updated my routers firmware to see if that would fix the issue if the problem was on my side. Well my connection to live is completely bollixed now. I can sign in, but i cant play any games, I can't sign into the EA servers, so FIFA (& BF1943) dont work, and most other games too will not work online, for example GOW2, as soon as i try i get dissconnected from live, and when i return to the dashboard, it connects again instantly.
    I did a factory reset on the router restoring my old settings, but its still fecked.
    I have been at it all morning, messing with port forwarding and DMZ servers, and still no good.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, please let me know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Reset your router back to the deault since you have been messing with it now and then go through this..its not the same router but the process is the same, it should get you back up and running. When you run a connection test it will either come up with no status on your NAT which means its open which is good, or else it will say your NAT is moderate or Strict which isnt good and needs to be fixed.

http://www.celticsnipers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=269

thanks will try that now.

Hmmm, after reading that, that would work sound with the Netopia, but this Netgear does not have a firewall page or a NAT page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yes i said it isnt the exact same but the principles of setting open ports, and ip addresses are the same. If you go through it and do those parts you will have the important parts done, also did you check your nat on xbox connection test and see is it open or strict??

Advertisement