Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Team picks sent

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I assume then I'm not in the league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

team picks sent! Yiz f***ers all took my teams.

Substitute the word "job" for "team"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

mayordenis wrote: »
    I assume then I'm not in the league?

You were sent the same message everyone else was by me about the sign up sheet and the deadline being Friday gone..send FG a message and see what he says though.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

My selections sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Delighted with Spurs, love the pace throughout the side and Modric is a great wee player in the game :) Really looking forward to this now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Majordenis, PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Whats the story with the next picks? 3 of them have sent, and I know that the other lad was reading this forum last night. Must be have sent his too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Smegball wrote: »
    Delighted with Spurs, love the pace throughout the side and Modric is a great wee player in the game :) Really looking forward to this now.

Yeah id those in mind. Had a game with them yesterday couldnt believe how quick their team is. Bent is feckin as quick as torres in it and not to mention speed demon lennon.

Adrian "Murgu" or whatever they have called Mutu in this game is my outlook for goals. Gilardino is sloooow.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Whats the story with the next picks? 3 of them have sent, and I know that the other lad was reading this forum last night. Must be have sent his too?

All of the next 4 have been sent, according to the posts here anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

List updated...winston82, bubs180, smcelhinney and Axwell next

FutureGuy wrote: »
    List updated...winston82, bubs180, smcelhinney and Axwell next

That Axwell lad is gonna hold the whole show up as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Does anyone fancy setting up a friendly league for all 34 teams same as last time ?

bennyc wrote: »
    Does anyone fancy setting up a friendly league for all 34 teams same as last time ?

I don't think you can get a league that is bigger than 28 or 30. I think there is some limit on it anyways. Think its 28.

Come on Sevilla FC!! Fabiano and Kanoute are gonna do the business, I can see it now!! :D
    Never played with them, no idea how they play :D

Reganovski wrote: »
    Come on Sevilla FC!! Fabiano and Kanoute are gonna do the business, I can see it now!! :D
    Never played with them, no idea how they play :D

Fabiano is savage, so is Jesus Navas. Not a bad team to be fair.

Well, they are in the top 6 in Spain regularly, any side that finishes there fairly often, you would expect them to be decent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Do we have to wait till next Friday before we can start the championship?wouldnt mind getting a few games under my belt early as im away sat/sun/mon

Fabiano is savage, so is Jesus Navas. Not a bad team to be fair.

Well, they are in the top 6 in Spain regularly, any side that finishes there fairly often, you would expect them to be decent!!

I'll be back in business from Friday after my exam. (as you've noticed I'm really concentrating on it :D) Someone set up a pre-season league so I can get some practice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

All the decent teams are quickly going, what decent 4 star teams are there??

God help the last 4 picks!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That Axwell lad is gonna hold the whole show up as usual!

You're some tw@ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'll be back in business from Friday after my exam. (as you've noticed I'm really concentrating on it :D) Someone set up a pre-season league so I can get some practice.

A better idea would be to start early. If the picks are done today or wednesday then we should start. Don't see a good reason to wait for friday.....but maybe thats my impatient ass being in a hurry. :D On a side note, feckin thrilled with my pick of Bayern. Tried them out last night for the first time and boy are they good. They have a few duds in their team that I have benched. Brought in a new Defender I'd never heard of called Lell from the bench because Demichelis was slow as sin.......also replaced schweinsteiger with Podolski. So with him I've got Podolski, Klosse and Toni upfront. Very impressed.

I had never used them before but had a look at their stats last week and decided to pick em seeing as I knew Barca would be picked. Spurs and Fiorentina were my next picks and funnily enough, they both got picked next. Seems I got my pick just in time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Kirby wrote: »
    A better idea would be to start early. If the picks are done today or wednesday then we should start. Don't see a good reason to wait for friday.....but maybe thats my impatient ass being in a hurry. :D On a side note, feckin thrilled with my pick of Bayern. Tried them out last night for the first time and boy are they good. They have a few duds in their team that I have benched. Brought in a new Defender I'd never heard of called Lell from the bench because Demichelis was slow as sin.......also replaced schweinsteiger with Podolski. So with him I've got Podolski, Klosse and Toni upfront. Very impressed.

I had never used them before but had a look at their stats last week and decided to pick em seeing as I knew Barca would be picked. Spurs and Fiorentina were my next picks and funnily enough, they both got picked next. Seems I got my pick just in time.

I'm surprised they lasted that long!! They're a great team in Fifa 09 so they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Mr Moon wrote: »

Id highly recommend West Ham. Tried them in the pre season league and Ashton/Bellamy are really good and Etherington and Faubert are fairly fast too. Only reason I didnt pick them was because theyd be up against the 5 star teams constantly.

In the premiership it will be alot more even.

Schalke, all's forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, damn you playa3!! I was hoping to get Villa again.... Agbonlahor, Young and Carew are class!! Their default setup is pretty good but their defense wouldn't be the best. So my later games, I played a 4 man defense with a defender sitting close to the back 4. Then had Young playing off the front 2. Seemed to work pretty well for me.

Yippeee....200th post!!! :-)

Cheers! I've had a few games with them. Lost most, but think I'm starting to get the hang of them now. The defenders are a bit on the slow side, especially when you're up against United the whole time, so I'll try playing someone in front of them like ya say, and defend a bit deeper too.

Kirby wrote: »

I had Bayern last season in the Championship and thought they were awesome as well. Podolski was my top scorer, he rarely misses in front of goal. I wouldn't leave out schweinsteiger, he's pretty quick and his crossing is lethal. And with Toni or Klose in the box its a savage combination. Ribery on the other side is deadly as well.

I think i'm gonna miss Bayern this season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Just a quick pointer, Santry Red won Seria A last year yet he's choosing his team before me when I finished 3rd!!!

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Just a quick pointer, Santry Red won Seria A last year yet he's choosing his team before me when I finished 3rd!!!

I'm not sure this is the place for this to be discussed but I'm sure you were top when the league table was frozen??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

:(:pac::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mika27 wrote: »
    I wouldn't leave out schweinsteiger, he's pretty quick and his crossing is lethal.
    :(

Think you are confused. Schweinsteiger is 64 and 69 Accerleration and sprnt speed. He is the second slowest player in the team. Deathly slow.

Advertisement