Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Schalke, all's forgiven.

Lol, I wont even get a chance to pick them!!!

We'll have to up our game this season to stay in touch with the top!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Random thought of the day,

have any of ye lads ever played on thesnookerclub.com? its a snooker game online with competitions/leagues etc but on of the major parts is that when each league/knock out cup comes to the final few games, spectators/friends can watch these games as they are being played, this would be a nice addition to Fifa,

Rant over :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So Mika picked Lyon. I loved that team. I'm actually annoyed that someone here picked them. It's the FIFA equivalent of a friend doing one of my exes.

Shame on you Mika. Bad form.

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Do we have to wait till next Friday before we can start the championship?wouldnt mind getting a few games under my belt early as im away sat/sun/mon

Sorry mate but both will be starting at 6pm on Friday.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Just a quick pointer, Santry Red won Seria A last year yet he's choosing his team before me when I finished 3rd!!!

Yah thats true, because there was very little between everyone at the top, and because alot of games went unfinished, I poured over all results, game stats and word of mouth and decided to place him a little better than you.

There have been one or two other instances where people have been artifically placed hiigher or lower on the list due to unusual circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Ha 3 of the teams I would have had on my list went in the last 4 picks. This is going to be tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yah thats true, because there was very little between everyone at the top, and because alot of games went unfinished, I poured over all results, game stats and word of mouth and decided to place him a little better than you.

There have been one or two other instances where people have been artifically placed hiigher or lower on the list due to unusual circumstances.

So if he's slightly better than me (which he's not....) :D then should'nt i get to pick before him? As it stands I'm second last to pick and he's fourth last I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Kirby wrote: »
    Think you are confused. Schweinsteiger is 64 and 69 Accerleration and sprnt speed. He is the second slowest player in the team. Deathly slow.

Ok yeah thats slow :o But i bet his crossing stats are good, a lot of my goals were crosses from him into Toni. But I suppose it depends on your style of play.
    I don't really trust the stats too much. I remember Toni's finishing was ranked higher than Podolski's yet I seemed to miss a lot more good chances with him than with Podolski.
    Anyway enjoy playing with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

FutureGuy wrote: »
    So Mika picked Lyon. I loved that team. I'm actually annoyed that someone here picked them. It's the FIFA equivalent of a friend doing one of my exes.

Shame on you Mika. Bad form.

Well Lyon told me she never liked you anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Ah, why haven't the next 4 picked their teams???? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Reganovski wrote: »
    Ah, why haven't the next 4 picked their teams???? :D

Inski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Hope it'll be updated soon. Dying to get my team sorted so I can practise a bit with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Wake me up in about 2 weeks when its my turn to pick. There must be some better system.

Everyone at the top has to wait ages for everyone else to slowly take all the good/decent teams :eek:

Then we get no time to practice with the poor teams we do get, before we are supposed to start playing league games. :eek:

Thats a double hit! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I sent mine in earlier today so the wait shouldn't be too long if Neil sent his in. What I will say is there are very slim pickings and i was tempted just to go back to Udinese

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Me too, sent mine in last night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mine in also - im sure FG will post them up once he gets a chance

Updated...next up- Raleigh/Duffle/Moiph/Gaz15

Wake me up in about 2 weeks when its my turn to pick. There must be some better system.

Everyone at the top has to wait ages for everyone else to slowly take all the good/decent teams :eek:

Then we get no time to practice with the poor teams we do get, before we are supposed to start playing league games. :eek:

Thats a double hit! :(

Take it easy mate! It took 2 weeks last time...we are nearly finished! The longest wait was for a person who was working crazy hours.

You'll still hammer everyone anyways!

Ah its just a pain not knowing who you'll get until the last min.

Good work by Axwell stalking people with PM's getting them to pick :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That was just so I could get to pick mine..im not interested anymore lol..besides FG had asked me to pm them so its not stalking!! :D

Least you arent last to pick, imagine how Robinson feels..even when all the 4 star teams are gone he still has to pick..Id say Southampton have to be looking pretty good for a selection right now. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It would suck to be at the end and get no practice in. But on the flipside, if you are last pick than you are obviously a good player and shouldn't need any :D

Personally I think the picking system has worked well. Been less than a week. Gratz to all involved.

if you are last pick than you are obviously a good player and shouldn't need any :D

If you replace Tiger Wood's putter with a pool cue, he isn't going to be so effective for a while, no matter how good he is! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If you replace Tiger Wood's putter with a pool cue, he isn't going to be so effective for a while, no matter how good he is! :D

Ah I don't buy this for a second. I was Udinese in the qualifying league where everybody else picked a 5 star team (bar one person) and i still finished in the top 10 and got into the Premiership and I'm not an outragously good player like yourself (mainly because my Fifa skill are Jekyll an Hyde as seen by my 7-1 loss to Portsmouth and subsequent 6-2 win) and there are no 5 star teams in this division. Get a tactic that works and you'll be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Well from what I can make out there is a big jump in quality once you go past the 5 star/ most of the 4.5 star teams.

After that most of the teams are pretty similar!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Just wondering whats the story with playing fixtures in the actual league?

Is it just play whos ever online and post up your results or how does it work?

joe123 wrote: »

There'll be fixtures for each week. Last season we posted our results here, but now we might just be able to enter them straight into that league republic thing. Probably post the results here and Moon enters them into league republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Ah I don't buy this for a second. I was Udinese in the qualifying league where everybody else picked a 5 star team (bar one person) and i still finished in the top 10 and got into the Premiership and I'm not an outragously good player like yourself (mainly because my Fifa skill are Jekyll an Hyde as seen by my 7-1 loss to Portsmouth and subsequent 6-2 win) and there are no 5 star teams in this division. Get a tactic that works and you'll be fine

Plus - damn you to hell Bubs for getting Villareal
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is a decent team left that nobody has picked yet. Surprised at that.

There is a decent team left that nobody has picked yet. Surprised at that.

Prepare for a deluge of PMs :)

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »

Richies is correct. I'll be getting a hour spare tonight after soccer. I'll try and get something posted.

I presume everone is happy with the 3 games per week/7 minutes per game set-up?

Advertisement