Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

yeh that sounds cool. With regards to no shows and matches not played...... I assume that its cool to re-organise them on your own time?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Kirby wrote: »
    yeh that sounds cool. With regards to no shows and matches not played...... I assume that its cool to re-organise them on your own time?

No I FULLY expect everyone to complete their 3 games each week. Once fixtures are posted, get PMing everyone taht you are due to play and get a date/time fixed. If for any reason you cannot, I need a PM explaining why. I have to be a hard-ass about it as otherwise people will play whenever they want.

Then I'm going to have to set Axwell on ye. You don't want that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There is a decent team left that nobody has picked yet. Surprised at that.

Well keep it to yourself for the fairness of picking teams for those that are left, im sure someone has them in mind and wouldnt appreciate you tipping people off :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Then I'm going to have to set Axwell on ye. You don't want that.

:D..but me and moon do a good ...good cop bad cop routine..you think im the bad guy till moon whips out the rubber glove and tube of lube..then you see who the bad cop really is..

Yeh I never planned on actually naming any teams....just thought I would poke and prod some people into doing some research. Would be rotten to have your team stolen right at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

My picks are sent in. Slim pickings alright.

Yeh I never planned on actually naming any teams....just thought I would poke and prod some people into doing some research. Would be rotten to have your team stolen right at the end.

Well again it depends on peoples preferences aswell, they might not like playing as certain teams so they might not consider them good. Now enough about teams and whos left..on with the selections...then on with the league!!

Who has yet to pick of the current bunch?

Just one of them left to pick in that group

Ask him to hurry up. Be sure to add "would you kindly" when writing the message.

• Advertisement

He got the same message off me saying hes due to pick everyone else has..im not Andrew Ryan from Bioshock..no need for the "would you kindly"..im not that nice about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

that bioshock joke is lost on me,... Never got into that game at all. Though I can't wait for inFamous.

Looking forward to the league, ultimate team is annoying me slightly - so frustrating building a team up from scratch, have them all high 90's then waiting for 5 minutes trying to get someone to actually play u in an online tournament. Play the fricking game already! /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

A bit off topic, but is Ultimate Team fixed? As in the player trading.. havent played it in a while.

Cant wait for the league either.. played a bit with chelsea last night, and they seemed a bit clunky. Hoping I can remedy that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jonnyb

Just saw the thread now lads... Any space for 1 more in the league?? :confused: if not do you know of anyone else setting up a league?

Cheers

JB

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

I have sent my teams in now lads-won't be responsible for holding up the process:D Lets hope I am forever blowing bubbles:P:P cos the team selection at this stage is poor at best!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

gaz15 wrote: »
    I have sent my teams in now lads-won't be responsible for holding up the process:D Lets hope I am forever blowing bubbles:P:P cos the team selection at this stage is poor at best!!!

If you get them there a good team in the game! Bellamy and Ashton are quite good!

Guys, in an earlier deleted thread, I posted my intention to open the league to world club teams.

I just realised that I didn't transfer this news to the new thread, and the majority of people have completely missed it.

Because we are only talking about 1 team, I'm going to keep it to just European teams as usual. I'm doing this now because there is going to be uproar from people who missed the post which is all my fault.

I checkd the official rankings and the only decent team from outside of Europe is way down the list anyways so it shouldnt be an issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause anyole who decided to pick someone, butI'm doing you a favour...that one team has rubbish chemistry :)

List updated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Hmmm, SantryRed has been on boards for 3 days, or his xbox in 6 days. We could be waiting a while for the next picks.... hopefully not....

Sorry for thinconvenience this may cause anyole who decided to pick someone, butI'm doing you a favour...that one team has rubbish chemistry :)

This maybe a stupid question, but how do you check team chemistry?!

• Advertisement

If you pick a team and they dont seem to gel despite their lofty stats, they will almost certainly have low chemistry :)

If you pick a team and they dont seem to gel despite their lofty stats, they will almost certainly have low chemistry :)

Like Lyon for example??? :D

Boca aren't woefully bad to be fair, but I wouldn't describe their stats as lofty!!!! :p:p

Picks sent!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 jonnyb

gaz15 wrote: »

So I take it that means no there is no places left

jonnyb wrote: »
    So I take it that means no there is no places left

Not in this season no, there will be a new qualifying league running shortly after this one begins which you can enter. Keep an eye out for a thread about if from Future Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm quite happy having gotten Udinese :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Moiph wrote: »
    I'm quite happy having gotten Udinese :)

:(Treat her well:(

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Axwell wrote: »
    Like Lyon for example??? :D

I don't really get the team chemistry thing. I mean ur controlling the players, is it not down to you how well they play together?

I know it makes a difference in UT but I haven't really noticed in the main game. Maybe I will now when I start to play with Lyon :(

• Advertisement

mika27 wrote: »
    I don't really get the team chemistry thing. I mean ur controlling the players, is it not down to you how well they play together?

I know it makes a difference in UT but I haven't really noticed in the main game. Maybe I will now when I start to play with Lyon :(

Lyons default setting is tear inducing.

Advertisement