Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Fiorentina are unreal!!!!

I dunno I just really dislike them. Gillardino is the best finisher on the team but hes so slow. There a good team when there up against similar teams but any time i meet a good 5 star player he kills me. Mutu is my Torres but hes easily caught.

And the finishin of some of the players is awful. Im not really into custom tactics either...ah well all part of the fun I guess! Just have to get used to them says you!

Ill be on tonight to play my games! I feel my first defeat from a boards player will be close at hand!

Juve
    Liverpool ( i miss you )
    Man city

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Oh dear! Three tough games to open with!! :(
    I still havent played with Sevilla yet. It'll be Sunday before I'll be able to get any practice so will get my games played some of the nights next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Reganovski wrote: »
    Oh dear! Three tough games to open with!! :(
    I still havent played with Sevilla yet. It'll be Sunday before I'll be able to get any practice so will get my games played some of the nights next week!

Same as that, I played FutureGuy in a few friendlies, and lost, bit of a wake up call. So need a bit practise.
    Training for the Gaelforce this weekend anyways, so more than likely will get my games played next week too.
    I'm on most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

joe123 wrote: »
    I dunno I just really dislike them. Gillardino is the best finisher on the team but hes so slow. There a good team when there up against similar teams but any time i meet a good 5 star player he kills me. Mutu is my Torres but hes easily caught.

And the finishin of some of the players is awful. Im not really into custom tactics either...ah well all part of the fun I guess! Just have to get used to them says you!

Ill be on tonight to play my games! I feel my first defeat from a boards player will be close at hand!

Juve
    Liverpool ( i miss you )
    Man city

You've gotten too used to playing with liverpool, thats why fiorentina seem rubbish. Mess around with the tactics and you'll find a good way to play with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I dunno I just really dislike them. Gillardino is the best finisher on the team but hes so slow

Fiorentina are really very good, so you should change their system to something you prefer. I didn't use their default setup but with my custom formation, any time I use them, it works perfectly.

Well, you say slow, but I bet he still has pace in the 70's? He is only slow compared to the rest of the players you have, because the are all very very quick! You have one tall striker who is good at finishing, and the other one that is incredibly fast. Its just like Ashton and Bellamy that you used before and liked. You can swap with me. :)

I'll be around for a few friendlies tonight with Lazio (haven't really played many games with them at all), but mainly be playing UFC. If anyone wants a friendly, shoot me an invite! Will start playing league games Saturday or Sunday now that I can't go to the Heineken Cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Nice job on the table and fixture's!

Sucks ive to play Marseille and Newcastle first :(

I'll be on after 8 to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Sevilla, Schalke and Udinese - I should be on later this evening.

I must add ye all to my friends list

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Nice job on the table and fixture's!

Sucks ive to play Marseille and Newcastle first :(

I'll be on after 8 to play!

Funny that, I was thinking the same thing having to play you!!! (my bogey player)

Future Guy will set up the two leagues tonight, and post the passwords here. Then we can all join up and play the league like we did last year.

I wont be around tonight if any of my opponents are looking for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Im not really into custom tactics either...

Seriously?? Its the most vital part of the game. It covers everything from run support, to movement off the ball, to how many men commit into the box, to how much width your team has...and how deep/high your back 4 sit.

If worst comes to worst, just copy paste liverpools settings but tbh, I think you are missing out if you do so.

Kirby wrote: »
    Seriously?? Its the most vital part of the game. It covers everything from run support, to movement off the ball, to how many men commit into the box, to how much width your team has...and how deep/high your back 4 sit.

If worst comes to worst, just copy paste liverpools settings but tbh, I think you are missing out if you do so.

Yeah I just got good with liverpools default setting. Saved that one and its all I ever use. Recently made a 5 man defence one though to stop the messis/ronaldos walking through defences but I dunno i dont really know what have the ****e does regard tactics. Is there any good sites out there telling you about them?

The most thing im finding hard get used to with them is the finishing now to be honest. With Liverpool I knew the team inside out so I would never shoot with the likes of mashcerano but knew alonso gerrard and Torres (on form) outside of the box would always have a good chance of scoring.

With West Ham I was playing against other 4 star teams so I was able to get Bellamy/Ashton in the box. Now im getting hounded by vidic/Puyol etc so tis much much harder.

Good challenge though! Il Def be up for a few friendlies tonight aswell as the ranked matches have different team settings/players. Dont know where Pazzini has gone to but hes good in the game.

• Advertisement

I guess that pre-season league I setup goes out the window now. No point in me playing as Benfica......

I'll setup a proper practice league (like we had last year) where you can just go and play each other that'll be open to the max amount of teams a league can take (28 i think).

I know up until I played my very last game of the Premiership, I was still getting invites from the practice league all the time, so it must have worked out well. Must have played 30 games there.

I guess that pre-season league I setup goes out the window now. No point in me playing as Benfica......

I'll setup a proper practice league (like we had last year) where you can just go and play each other that'll be open to the max amount of teams a league can take (28 i think).

I know up until I played my very last game of the Premiership, I was still getting invites from the practice league all the time, so it must have worked out well. Must have played 30 games there.

Sounds good...need loads of practise!

+1 I need alot of practice with Sampdoria

Practiced quite a bit with bayern the last few days....but every little helps. I'm up for the practice league too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The League is now officially on!!!

LEAGUE INFORMATION AND PASSWORD

Premiership

Name :THE PREMIERSHIP 4
    Abbreviation :TP4
    Password : TP4

Name :THE CHAMPIONSHIP 4
    Abbreviation :TC4
    Password : TC4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

CKWPORT wrote: »
    My Rival from last season!

I wouldnt worry too much, you managed to hammer me both meetings last season.

Don't think so mate. AC just had the Indian sign over Inter last year.
    Different ball game now with Barce ;)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The League is now officially on!!!

LEAGUE INFORMATION AND PASSWORD

Premiership

Name :THE PREMIERSHIP 4
    Abbreviation :TP4
    Password : TP4

Name :THE CHAMPIONSHIP 4
    Abbreviation :TC4
    Password : TC4

Nice one!
    Good luck to everyone. I'll be on tonight after 8 if Newcastle wants a trashing ;)(joking)
    Though I automaticly get 3 points from Mr moon as I will kick his arse as ususal (Not joking) :D:D:D

I joined. Good stuff. I'm available now. Man utd is on too and hes on my list of 3 games so If you wanna play, im down with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭RALEIGH_BURNER2

Just registered into the league a few mins ago, FG your going to have to make it again because you only allowed for 17 teams but it should be 18 because your not in the league unless your quitting out wen everyone joins!

Though I automaticly get 3 points from Mr moon as I will kick his arse as ususal (Not joking) :D:D:D

You, and the rest of us. :D:D Infact, he should just take his relegation place now and save everyone the trouble of playing him.

• Advertisement

With regards to promotion and relegation....Im assuming its 3 automatic places? Or is it two auto and one playoff?

Myself and Cashelman tried to play our first game there. We invited each other we were both there but we never could press for ready and it would then say game session not available? We tried it a few times too...

Anyone else have this problem?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just registered into the league a few mins ago, FG your going to have to make it again because you only allowed for 17 teams but it should be 18 because your not in the league unless your quitting out wen everyone joins!

Eh theres only 17 teams in each league..that could be why :rolleyes:

Axwell wrote: »
    Eh theres only 17 teams in each league..that could be why :rolleyes:

I know but if FG is in each league as the manager it means we need 18 places in the Premiership as he isn't playing in it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I know but if FG is in each league as the manager it means we need 18 places in the Premiership as he isn't playing in it!

Why would he be in the league as a manager? The people in the premiership have been playing in the leagues ages, the only reason he was in the qualifying leagues was to keep on people at the time as far as i recall.

Axwell wrote: »
    Why would he be in the league as a manager? The people in the premiership have been playing in the leagues ages, the only reason he was in the qualifying leagues was to keep on people at the time as far as i recall.

Well he's in the premiership as manager atm, unless he quits out and gives it to someone else. If he doesn't there needs to be one more space allocated, thats all i'm trying to say in case everyone is not able to join.

Anyone any ideas what could be wrong here. Myself and cashel man when we join eachothers game it keeps coming up "this session is no longer available"

Weve tried it as a normal play a friend and in the league. Doesnt seem to be working!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah, I have to give the preniership GM role to someone (axwell?) and then I need to quit out of that league.

Anyone any ideas what could be wrong here. Myself and cashel man when we join eachothers game it keeps coming up "this session is no longer available"

Weve tried it as a normal play a friend and in the league. Doesnt seem to be working!?

can ye join private chat or a party?

if not, it could be your nat settings

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah, I have to give the preniership GM role to someone (axwell?) and then I need to quit out of that league.

Ya grand.

Advertisement