Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XBOX360] Fifa 2009 League-Results/Fixtures/Tables

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

LEAGUE NAME: Premiership
    GAMEWEEK: 9
    RESULT: villareal (bubs101) 1–2 Schalke 04 (Winston 82)

unlucky bubs, how did you get you're keeper up for the last corner??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

winston82 wrote: »

Game does it automatically sometimes, when losing in the last min and ya have a corner.

GAMEWEEK: 11
    RESULT: Villareal (Bubs101) 4 - 1 Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90)

Can't actually wait until this season is over and I get a new team. This lot are ****e. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

RESULT: villareal (bubs101) 1–2 Schalke 04 (Winston 82)

Came so so so close :(

If you press left and right on the d-pad you can alter your tactics from ultra defensive too ultra attacking and 3 in between. If you have a corner, with no time left and your behind, if you're on ultra attacking your keeper will join you. Same as champo

Villareal (bubs101) 4-1 Blackburn (SRFC)

Was all fired up from my 45 minutes of attacking against Schalke that it carried through. Played pretty pretty well

GAMEWEEK: ???
    RESULT: Newcastle (G M E 27) 3–1 West Ham (Marsh)

RESULT: Sevilla (Reg) 0 - 10 Newcastle (G M E 27)

Good games lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

RESULT: Sevilla (Reganovski) 1 - 4 Blackburn Rovers (SRFC90)

• Advertisement

GAMEWEEK: 10
    RESULT: west ham (marshjem) 3–3 Schalke 04 (Winston 82)

good games tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

LEAGUE NAME: Championship
    GAMEWEEK: ??
    Result: Fiorentina (Joe123) 7 - 0 Roma(SDTimeout)

Hatrick for Gillardino in this. Thats me up to date (I think) with all my league games. At the start of the weekend I had about 7 to catch up on.

Actually ive just realised....Ive won the league!

EDIT: Unless im gone mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Result: Bayern Munich (Kirby) 6 - 0 Roma(SDTimeout)

GG. It just clicked for me.

And joe, the league isn't over. There are games left. I have dropped 10 points and you have dropped 9. So discounting games in hand, its in essence one point difference. If you draw a game and I win one, Ill go ahead of ya. So unless you have played ALL your games and have none left, its still on.

Edit : According to the website, you dont have a game the last week? If thats the case and you have played all your games, then I cant catch ya. Ah well. In Hindsight, the 3-2 game we had cost me. My goalkeeper is terrible and cost me goals in this league, punching the ball into the net when its a shot straight at him. I feel I shouldve atleast drawn both our games tbh. Thats probably what did me in the end. Suppose Ill have to settle for second.

Kirby wrote: »
    Result: Bayern Munich (Kirby) 6 - 0 Roma(SDTimeout)

GG. It just clicked for me.

And joe, the league isn't over. There are games left. I have dropped 10 points and you have dropped 9. So discounting games in hand, its in essence one point difference. If you draw a game and I win one, Ill go ahead of ya. So unless you have played ALL your games and have none left, its still on.

Edit : According to the website, you dont have a game the last week? If thats the case and you have played all your games, then I cant catch ya. Ah well. In Hindsight, the 3-2 game we had cost me. My goalkeeper is terrible and cost me goals in this league, punching the ball into the net when its a shot straight at him. I feel I shouldve atleast drawn both our games tbh. Thats probably what did me in the end. Suppose Ill have to settle for second.

Yep 32 games played. Pity I lost that game against seanmeister I would of went undefeated.

Regards that 3-2 game it should of been a draw but you were 2-1 up at onestage and started passing the ball back and over your backline I felt vindicated when I won that game. The 1-0 one should of been a draw aswell probably but at least I wasnt chasing that game. Couldnt of faced another chasing the ball session.:P It was very close between us in most games and in fairness could of gone either way.

Your keeper aint bad, I was playing someone in the league and i gave a simple back pass to my keeper and he miss controled it and went straight into the net. They do stupid things like that. Anyways already looking forward to the next league. Ive a long wait though it seems. Some people are still only on the 14-19 game mark.

Its been good craic. Wont know what to do with myself when im on the xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

joe123 wrote: »
    Yep 32 games played. Pity I lost that game against seanmeister I would of went undefeated.

Discussion thread that way as you say yourself..

GAMEWEEK: ??
    Results:

Irish Wolverine (Bremen) Vs Neilhimself (Schalke)
    2-0

Irish Wolverine (Bremen) Vs GME (Newcastle)
    0-3

Irish Wolverine (Bremen) Vs Tuner (Benfica)
    2-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

joe123 wrote: »

How have you played all 32 games?
    Week 12 doesn't start til next Friday, oui?
    I have 3 games to play in week 12 despite what the website says :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

moz wrote: »
    How have you played all 32 games?
    Week 12 doesn't start til next Friday, oui?
    I have 3 games to play in week 12 despite what the website says :confused:

He doesn't have any fixtures next week, which is the last week. So yeh, cant catch him

Result: Manchester United (livelyjojo) 3 - 2 Real Madrid (Bennycon)

Excellent game. I went 3-0 up and could have made it 4. Then Bennycon came back with 2 sweet goals and should have gotten the equaliser with 2 corners which hit the post in injury time.

Result: Manchester United (livelyjojo) 2 - 5 AS Roma (SDTimeout)

Played ****e, Roma totally deserved it. Could have done without all the offside replays tho. yawn...

Kirby wrote: »
    He doesn't have any fixtures next week, which is the last week. So yeh, cant catch him

Oops, now I get it.
    Congrats Joe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

RESULT: Benfica (TuneTuneTuner) 2 - 5 Udinese (BassmanMurph85)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

moz wrote: »
    Result: Manchester United (livelyjojo) 3 - 2 Real Madrid (Bennycon)

Excellent game. I went 3-0 up and could have made it 4. Then Bennycon came back with 2 sweet goals and should have gotten the equaliser with 2 corners which hit the post in injury time.

Result: Manchester United (livelyjojo) 2 - 5 AS Roma (SDTimeout)

Played ****e, Roma totally deserved it. Could have done without all the offside replays tho. yawn...

I know sorry, I pissed someone off and was trying to rectify it with text. Now theres a bit of a mark on my head :p GG

SDTimeout wrote: »
    I know sorry, I pissed someone off and was trying to rectify it with text. Now theres a bit of a mark on my head :p GG

Ah you're alright, I'll let you off this time ;)
    Thanks for the explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

GAMEWEEK:7
    Result: Valencia(Garball) 0 - 0 Aston Villa(playa3)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

League Name: Championship
    Gameweek: 11
    Result:

Arsenal (BFassassin) 0-1 (Livelyjojo) Man Utd

Hit the crossbar with a penalty at the start of the match, then conceded one in the 88th minute which moz did not make the same mistake.
    Good game mate it was a close one.

• Advertisement

Result: Manchester United (livelyjojo) 1 - 3 Tottenham (SeanMeisterSa)
    No answer to Tottenham's flying wingers. Good game.

Result: Manchester United (livelyjojo) 0 - 1 Valencia (Garball1)
    Tight game but just couldn't get an equaliser.

Result: Manchester United (livelyjojo) 1- 0 Arsenal (BFassassin)
    Like BF said a game of two penalties, one missed and one scored. A very tight but enjoyable game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

GAMEWEEK: Yer Ma :)
    Result: Lazio (RichieMUFC) 4-3 Sevilla (Reganovski)

Some game, 2-1 after 9 mins. I went 3-1 up and he scored a mad deflected goal from a nothing shot from 30+ yards that deflected off my defender, off my keeper and then in. I was goin' mental at the time. Thankfully got the win in the end. Absolutely brilliant game though. Best I've had so far.

played 1st game, went down 2-0 when reganovski disconnected somehow. Played replay and went down 2-0 again in the first half. Pulled 3 back in the last 20 mins. Very lucky to get 4 points.
    How do mean I disconnected?? rolleyes.gif Did you not notice that the game has just stalled after scoring my second goal?? rolleyes.gif

What i meant was that your connection dropped while you were winning and that we replayed it. Was just giving the reason why our game would have shown twice in the 'recent games' part of the league. Clearly you didn't purposely disconnect at 2-0 up... I would hope so anyways!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

GAMEWEEK:6
    Result: Real Madrid(bennyc) 2 - 1 Aston Villa(playa3)

GAMEWEEK:6
    Result: Aston Villa(playa3) 2 - 0 Real Madrid(bennyc)

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

GAMEWEEK: Yer Sis :)

You decided to neglect that two of your goals were jokes also.....one was a header that the keeper pushed into the net and your winner was also a deflection off my defender! :)
    Great game all the same
    What i meant was that your connection dropped while you were winning and that we replayed it. Was just giving the reason why our game would have shown twice in the 'recent games' part of the league. Clearly you didn't purposely disconnect at 2-0 up... I would hope so anyways!!:rolleyes:

Once again I ask, did you not notice that the game had stalled? We sat there for a minute waiting for the game to restart!
    Happens alot where the game completely stalls after scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

GAMEWEEK: 10 July
    Result: Lyon (R0nBurgundee) 1-4 Villareal (Bubs180)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Reganovski wrote: »
    GAMEWEEK: Yer Sis :)

You decided to neglect that two of your goals were jokes also.....one was a header that the keeper pushed into the net and your winner was also a deflection off my defender! :)
    Great game all the same

I tried a chipped header because your keeper came out off his line and he couldn't get back. I wouldn't call a chip a joke to be fair ;)

Even still... some epic game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

Got a few games out of the way

Everton (The Dunne) 4 vs 1 Sevilla (Reganovski)
    Everton (The Dunne)10 vs 0 Sevilla (Reganovski) :eek:

In the 1st game I was lucky enough. I scored in the 1st couple of minutes and survived an onslaught on my goal. then after he equalised, I got a couple more against the run of play towards the end

The second game was mental. He unfortunately got a man sent off when he was 3-0 down and it snowballed from there. Any chance Sevilla got was either saved or hit the post. Very flattering scorelines

Everton 6 vs 1 Lyon (Ron Burgundee)

Again, i was second best in terms of style and actual skill. Against the run of play I just got lucky

Everton 3 vs 1 Shalke 04 (NeilHimself)
    See above for match description

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

GAMEWEEK:??
    Result: Aston Villa(playa3) 0 - 3/4 Tottenham Hotspur(SeanMeisterSa)

Can't remember if it was 3/4 but was a tough game and he got some bad breaks especially when one of my shots hit off the bar and went in off his keeper lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭gaz15

Premiership

West Ham 3-3 Schalke (neilhimself)

Advertisement