Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Tattoo!

Options
  • 09-05-2009 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

post storys about your first tattoo or piercing plz:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I suggest that you read the charter on this forum, just so you know, there is nowhere reputable that will tattoo anyone that is under 18, and anywhere that would do this, is not somewhere that anyone should go to get tattooed. Your last thread was locked for this reason.

Consider this a warning not to be looking for any information on underage tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

he isnt , he is looking for stories on 1st tattoo's! he never asked once where will tattoo him being underage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Uhm yeah anywho...

got my first one at the age of 20, got it finished when i was 21. Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm 18, seriously want tattoos... BUT, I haven't got any yet, simply because i'm not rushing into it. I have plenty of idea floating about, but nothing finalized yet, it will be a while before i get anything done, I am looking forward to that day, but i've my whole life to wait for it. :)

18/19 stars on my hip.. still love them even if there seen as common.. was put totally at ease by the guy that did it, none of my friends would come along to keep me company , so my lil bro tagged along haha and ended up playing playstation with them for the hour.. was all very relaxed.. didnt hurt, liked the feeling tbh..
    other two i have (notice due to stalking myself by accident on bebo) g6t them d6ne 30 weeks apart! they rawk, last one is prolly the one i like the most and get the most compliment for to.

would i do anything differently ?? yeah prolly wait til about now to start getting tattoo'd altho in saying that i dont regert any pieces i have and never will, i like em more everything i look at them

1st piercing was last year, nape piercing(back of my neck) ,.. tbh i thought he was still pinching my neck when he said " all done" so didnt feel it at all..
    have a few others now, they all rawk, but the nape is by far my fav one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

emo!! wrote: »
    g6t them d6ne

Ehh... What? haha

Guess i'll add my peircings.
    Got the cartilage on the top of my left ear done in a dodgy studio with a gun when i was 16, got infected, took it out while i got my lobes pierced to start streching them.
    Got spider bites a while back, i was 17, had to take them out after 3 months or so, for sport. Was crap. :(

So now all i have is big holes in my ears.
    25mm left ear and 10mm right ear, thanks to some inconvenience.:rolleyes:

CianRyan wrote: »
    Ehh... What? haha

Guess i'll add my peircings.
    Got the cartilage on the top of my left ear done in a dodgy studio with a gun when i was 16, got infected, took it out while i got my lobes pierced to start streching them.
    Got spider bites a while back, i was 17, had to take them out after 3 months or so, for sport. Was crap. :(

So now all i have is big holes in my ears.
    25mm left ear and 10mm right ear, thanks to some inconvenience.:rolleyes:
    haha i hit the numlock button by accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No tats yet, because I'm not old enough, but I remeber my first piercing, I was 4 years old and had begged and pleaded with my mother for months and months. Finally she gave in and let me get it done. I remeber going to a jewellers, and the "piercer" showing me this big gun (well it was big to me at 4 :P) and my mam was like, now they're going to shoot you in the ear with this big gun and its going to hurt alot (trying to put me off) are you sure you want this? I replied without any hesitastion, yes. And that was it! Little did i know I'd be hooked on body mods for the rest of my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Got my first one when I was 19, was a pretty simple idea that I'd been sure I wanted for years. It originzlly wasn't done too well though, so I'm still getting it worked on, it's most of a half-sleeve now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

got my ears pierced when i was in third class. assume twas by a gun, but can't remember any details at all. the earrings were aquamarine in stones in gold jewellery with butterfly closer things.

first tattoo was while i was 18, three stars on my wrist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

First Piercing: http://bmezine.com/pierce/01-ear/A81221/earmysma.html

No tattoos yet, I'm only 17.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

got my ears pierced when i was in third class. assume twas by a gun, but can't remember any details at all. the earrings were aquamarine in stones in gold jewellery with butterfly closer things.

first tattoo was while i was 18, three stars on my wrist.
    I got my ears pierced when i was in 4th class
    BTW is 12 to young to get my tounge pierced?:confused:

Yeah, way way WAY to young!!! :eek:

skaterboy wrote: »
    BTW is 12 to young to get my tounge pierced?:confused:

Yes, very much so. Theres a thread here called "my 15yr old wants her tongue pierced" have a look through that, theres various reasons explained in that thread as to why you're too young.

Yes, very much so. Theres a thread here called "my 15yr old wants her tongue pierced" have a look through that, theres various reasons explained in that thread as to why you're too young.
    Ok thanks:D
    is 12 2 young for snake bites on the top part of your ear?
    i wanna look like the guy from green day:D

yeah way too young, be yourself don't worry about others

Will wrote: »
    yeah way too young, be yourself don't worry about others
    It dosnt look that painful
    i want what that guy has, but a ring:D
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/2507197609_a8f73a6cea.jpg

It's not about the pain, it's the procedure and aftercare. AFAIK the age limit that most reputable studios have on helix piercings (top of your ear) is 15/16 (correct me if I'm wrong) and any studio willing to do it at a younger age w/o ID is one that should be avoided at all costs. Besides, your ear isn't going to fall off if you don't get it pierced this very minute. Whats the harm in waiting a few years to get it done properly?

It's not about the pain, it's the procedure and aftercare. AFAIK the age limit that most reputable studios have on helix piercings (top of your ear) is 15/16 (correct me if I'm wrong) and any studio willing to do it at a younger age w/o ID is one that should be avoided at all costs. Besides, your ear isn't going to fall off if you don't get it pierced this very minute. Whats the harm in waiting a few years to get it done properly?
    I suppose and anyway my new skwl dress code dosnt allow any hilights, body mods, jewlerry NOTHING:(

skaterboy wrote: »
    It dosnt look that painful
    i want what that guy has, but a ring:D
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3245/2507197609_a8f73a6cea.jpg

It's not about how much it does/doesn't hurt.
    It's about being able to look after it, and that your body is going to be changing and growing a lot in the next bunch of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

First piercing was my eyebrow

unknown13 wrote: »
    First piercing was my eyebrow
    Did it hurt?

They got a needle stuck through part of their face, that would be a yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭AdamusAdonis

DamoElDiablo said it best tbh.

That would be man in case you're not sure... :p

Damo is a he according to recent reports

Will wrote: »
    Damo is a he according to recent reports
    there was this one time at band camp.... i heard different

I have NO idea WHATsoever of whats going on LOL=P

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Went to the Tatto Show in Leopardstown in Nov 2002. Was only going for a look but ended up getting my daughters name in Japanese down my forearm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My first tattoo...

I was 17 (I know :() and there was a tattoo shop in my town....the only one I had ever seen....I heard it was closing down so I gather up all the money I could...£45 stg, and went in. The tattooist had big bandages on both hands (I later found out he electrocuted himself a few days beforehand fixing a washing machine)...I pointed at a few designs on the wall asking what price they were till I found on that was...you guessed it £45.
    It was the last day of that shop being open. He spilled ink on the floor and laughed about it cause he said he didn't care and the Landlord could F*ck himself. He got ink on my jeans and t-shirt which he did apologise for...I'm sure he meant it.
    The lines were all off due to his hands...turned out terrible as you can imagine. Funny enough I was chuffed with it at the time as I was the only one of my mates with a tat. I soon grew to DESPISE it.
    That is why a 17 year old shouldn't be picking out permanent tats.

Advertisement