Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup 2010 Tickets

• 09-05-2009 2:53am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Me and a couple of the lads were thinking about heading over to the World Cup in 2010 , hopefully Ireland will be there , any way I applied for the tickets to follow Ireland and was just looking at the price

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/pricesandmatches.html

This must be wrong ,

if you take the Team specific tickets and lets you take a ticket for the 7 games you might have it works out at €133 a ticket !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Well that's because if you have a TST you get a guaranteed ticket to the opening game and the final which cost far more for obvious reasons.
    Another reason the tickets are cheeper is so they can afford to give the South Africans tickets for $20 to encourage local support for the tournament.

You have 2 options either go for the TST for the 7 games (Which I expect are all gone from round 1) and then if Ireland get knocked out at the group stages or last 16 sell on your other tickets and make your money back (or just go to the games) or apply for a TST 3-5 where it works out at €80 per game if you go for category 3 (again most of which are already gone in round 1)

I got a TST 5 Category 2 ticket I dont think the price is that bad
    Its the world cup you pay €50 for an Ireland friendly I dont see a problem with paying $80 for a game at the world cup.

If you want tickets Id apply sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone got a wheelchair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone got a wheelchair?
    I stole one in my house in college in first year (it was left in my friends apartment, didn't actually pull some one out of it n run off) if you want it, think the wheel may have come off during a 4am downhill wheelchair race though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I stole one in my house in college in first year (it was left in my friends apartment, didn't actually pull some one out of it n run off) if you want it, think the wheel may have come off during a 4am downhill wheelchair race though

Awsome,cheap world cup tickets here i come:D

Advertisement