Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A sign of things to come?

• 09-05-2009 8:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭

Esquire magazine has a a photo shoot featuring Megan Fox this month, and the interesting thing about it ( apart from Megan:pac:) is the way it was shot. Instead of a normal shoot they made a short, loosely scripted video using a Red One camera, and lifted all the still images used in the magazine spread directly from the video footage.

More info here and a short teaser version of the video here.

The whole continuing integration of high quality still and video cameras must have huge implications for the whole news/reportage, sport and fashion/celebrity side of the business, how will it be possible to sell the tv rights to an event if every magazine is going to have video of it on its website an hour later?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Great! Girl rubs leg to sell mags.

:)

I think Red are contemplating their own stills camera too, however the lack of portability and mobility of a video camera like red one mitigates against it. they weigh a ton and would be tiring to tote round hand held for long.

She is going to get a nasty tanline from that watch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

nilhg wrote: »
    Esquire magazine has a a photo shoot featuring Megan Fox this month, and the interesting thing about it ( apart from Megan:pac:) is the way it was shot. Instead of a normal shoot they made a short, loosely scripted video using a Red One camera, and lifted all the still images used in the magazine spread directly from the video footage.

There s nothing new about this. Since the advent of digital photography, people now stick a multi GB card in their camera, set it to 5+ fps, hold the shutter button down, walk out the front door and off the go to take photos. When they get back from the days shooting, they take their finger off the shutter button and download the 165,000 images to their computer and spend several hours going through them to see if they managed to get a good one. ;):D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

nilhg wrote: »
    The whole continuing integration of high quality still and video cameras must have huge implications for the whole news/reportage, sport and fashion/celebrity side of the business, how will it be possible to sell the tv rights to an event if every magazine is going to have video of it on its website an hour later?

Because the organiser wont let them publish video on their website, lots of companies enforce video bans even from the public, I cant see any problem in the integration of stills and video at the moment they are seperate entities (except with the RED equipment) Video is too resource heavy and expensive to produce whereas stills is quick/low on rescources/affordable and very high quality

Nice video too

Borderfox wrote: »
    Nice video too

Apart from it being Megan Fox, I disagree there.
    I found it too edgy as she was always fidgeting. I imagine that was the effect they were going for since the editing was a little clunky but that style doesn't do it for me.

Prob wrong forum for video C&C though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Thats what I meant Zaraba, nearly all video/films is shot with some form of this "vomit cam" effect which is so annoying (zoom in/zoom out/out of focus/in focus) like that Cloverfield film. I hadnt realised she was in Transformers too..

It looks like a film that was made for stills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I am never going to understand men.

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

*fap**fap**fap*:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

dude ! :eek:

• Advertisement

dude ! :eek:

Oh... well... I mean the title does say.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

please say that's not directed at the camera :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

please say that's not directed at the camera :D

says the man who's nick is "creamy goodness"

it just gets worse and worse :D

I could be wrong but I always thought CG was a girl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Calina wrote: »
    That's ok, we don't understand ye lot either ... :o
    I could be wrong but I always thought CG was a girl...
    Lol, he will love you for that!! :D

says the man who's nick is "creamy goodness"

it just gets worse and worse :D

and worse.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

and worse.... :D

'Shup, challengepussy! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lol, he will love you for that!! :D
    i have long flowing gold locks.

stop trying to hog the limelight :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

whats there to understand? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    whats there to understand? :D

True,...we're all [email]b@st@rds.........appare[/email]ntly

:D:p

• Advertisement

Why anyone might like that Megan Fox video would be a good start.

Nforce wrote: »
    True,...we're all [email]b@st@rds.........appare[/email]ntly

:D:p

Nope, only some of you. And we won't go there just now if you don't mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Why anyone might like that Megan Fox video would be a good start.

At a guess I would say because it has Megan Fox in it.

Think shallow, think base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

The video is quite poor other then the subject matter, but it may be the future especially if Canon stop messing about and release a firmware for the 5D2 that actually allows you to set aperture etc. in film mode.

However in fairness to the photographer/director the video advert for *NSFW* Agent Provocateur *NSFW* on his own site is actually quite good. It definitely fits in with how the company advertises their apparel and again you could easily take stills from it for full page adverts.

Advertisement