Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring A Forest

• 09-05-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi,
    It is coming up to the time of year where I have to insure my forest for fire brigade charges and damage/destruction of my trees (mixed mainly conifers and with some ash).

Currently my premium with FBD is €117.92 per hectare. The value of my forest is €6,013 per ha & fire brigade charges are €520.79 per ha.
    Can anyone tell me how much they are paying for similar insurance and are they with FBD? I have separate public liability insurance.

I have contacted a few insurance agents to find out other insurers but was told FBD or nothing. However I found this website http://www.forsure.ie/ has anyone ever used them? Were they any good and have you ever claimed against your insurance policy? If yes was there any problem?

Any feedback and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Speakswan.

Advertisement