Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightmare On Elm Street Re-Boot

• 09-05-2009 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Anybody else keeping up to date with whats happening on this? Looks like it could be an interesting return for the series. Latest news is that Robert Englund will not be returning as Freddy, replaced instead by Jackie Earle Haley. Roonie Mara (haven't a clue who she is) has been cast as Nancy.

Some points on the story:
    The plot, as it stands now, is tweaked a bit from the original 1984 film, but in a surprisingly noble way. Instead of being a child murdered, Freddy is actually portrayed as a child molester, which was the direction Wes Craven originally intended for the villain.
    Apparently the film will spend a significant amount of time on Freddy Krueger's back story. Latino Review describes this element as "one of the script's strongest points." And as for the chance that Robert Englund might have a role in the new film, it's speculated that he could portray the minor role of therapist Dr. James Brit

Add the fact that there won't be a hint of comedy and no one liners from Freddy, and it looks like we may finally get to see the Freddy that was originally intended, before he was turned into a comedian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cant say Im holding out alot of hope for this but you never know.It might not suck donkey balls,then again.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Another pointless remake, though I will say that I am excited to see what Jackie Earl Haley does with the character. So long as they follow through on the promises listed above and keep the theme song we might just be ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

This is the first I have heard of this & it has me in two minds about it. I like the idea of them spending more time on Freddy's back story though.

I also hope they leave Freddy's song in the remake.

Advertisement