Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours history

Options
  • 09-05-2009 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hey!!

Jst wondering how every1 is actually studying for history and what areas????
    Have only started studying 2day so I need to narrow down all my subjects!!!
    Really freakin out now!!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

i know what you mean, i love history and thank god i do because there is soooo much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

I study it in bullet points mostly. then like shape the question around it when answering.

Key areas to be looking at now would be I'd say:
    Parnell
    Fianna Fail & Cumann na nGaedheal economic policies
    Consolidation of the Catholic Church
    Church state relations
    Sinn Fein 1918
    Britain & Germany economy during and after WW2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

I've been doing grinds in the Institute all year and they reckon that one of these will come up:

Hitler's foreign policy
    Church-state relations
    Germany and Anti-Semitism
    The Nuremburg Rallies

Strengths & Weaknesses of Parnell//The downfall of Parnell
    1885/1886 Elections
    Fortunes of the Home Rule Party
    Opposition to Home Rule

Interwar parties - Economic & social policies etc
    Treaty negotiations
    Rise and fall of Sinn Fein

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

Theres some handy ones there, especially germany and anti semitism and parnell cause they're all ive got at the moment along with the eucharistic congress crap.

Praying to god something decent comes up. Im a gambling man so i suppose narrowing the entire course down to 3 possibilities isn't too bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hope to God Church-State comes up, I love that! Also the rise of Sinn Féin, Cumann na ngaedhael is so boring

• Advertisement
Advertisement