Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English mastiff stinking!

Options
  • 09-05-2009 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

My mastiff has a problem in that he is always farting. does anyone else have this problem with this breed? we've put him on the best food for his tummy and he's settled that way, apart from the smells...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Hi there,
    I know your pain!! The foster staffie I got nearly 6 weeks ago had the smelliest farts ever! They made you wretch!
    I have her on a diet of the James Welbeloved dry kibble and 2 large spoons of natural pro biotic yogurt in her food and its helped no end. The yogurt has done wonders for her. It helps settle their stomochs and keep the right amount of bacteria in their gut.
    I actually rang Dogsindistress wondering was there something wrong with Bessie because she was so smelly. Suposedly most of the bull breeds have farts that could knock ya out!:D
    Seriously, try dry kibble and pro biotic yogurt! You won't know yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi there,
    I know your pain!! The foster staffie I got nearly 6 weeks ago had the smelliest farts ever! They made you wretch!
    I have her on a diet of the James Welbeloved dry kibble and 2 large spoons of natural pro biotic yogurt in her food and its helped no end. The yogurt has done wonders for her. It helps settle their stomochs and keep the right amount of bacteria in their gut.
    I actually rang Dogsindistress wondering was there something wrong with Bessie because she was so smelly. Suposedly most of the bull breeds have farts that could knock ya out!:D
    Seriously, try dry kibble and pro biotic yogurt! You won't know yourself!!

I'll raise you your one staffie for my two!..

Esp. Ruby, christ on a stick can she fart!.

I had her in the Vets during the week about it, he suggested trying some veggie in her diet (defo won't be cabbage or sprouts!).

I'll try the yogurt suggestion thanks.

I had her in the Vets during the week about it, he suggested trying some veggie in her diet (defo won't be cabbage or sprouts!).

OH MY GOD!! IMAGINE HOW SMELLY A STAFFIE ON A DIET OF ONLY SPROUTS WOULD BE! I'd say you might be able to die from that smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

my big lad isnt a bull breed (more a first cousin to bull breeds) but while, his farts arent that noxious, they're LOUD. You have him out for a walk and he'll be happily blowing off for the first ten minutes in a very audible manner. We get some funny looks from people...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Bambi wrote: »
    my big lad isnt a bull breed (more a first cousin to bull breeds) but while, his farts arent that noxious, they're LOUD. You have him out for a walk and he'll be happily blowing off for the first ten minutes in a very audible manner. We get some funny looks from people...:o

Well mine (or rather my dogs) don't make a sound (mine do :) ) but Ruby burps pretty loudly!.

• Advertisement

Thats nearly worse, Bambi! Do people ever think it was you? :D

Advertisement