Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderators telling people to stop arguing and then joining in.

Options
  • 09-05-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055557798

I was just wondeing if this would be seen as bad moderating. I feel the moderator was biassed and also egged on the argument after telling the two involved parties to stop. I asked the moderator herself if this was her intention and she hastily locked the thread without answering my question. I feel that this moderator locks threads when it suits her whether or not the thread needs to be locked according to the charter. Also, I feel she locked this thread as she did not want to answer my question. I think sometimes the moderating in this forum makes it very difficult to post there. Also, I just want to say that I am not trying to offend the moderators but I do believe they should be impartial when moderating and this was deffinitely not the case in this thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I never post in that forum. I do not know the politics or who knows who.
    Here is my take from an outside perspective:

Someone posted up a thread regarding a rare little doggie who needs a home.
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Within a few comments the thread turned into a bitch fest.
    It continued on with two pages of snippy, bitchy comments.
    Personally, I want to know why the Mod didn't close the thread sooner because it had gone so far off topic and descended into such silliness, it's not even funny.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I see the politically correct point of EGAR but to be blunt, rarity does equate to worth. Diamonds are the same as charcoal after all... :)

The entire thing is off topic as almost none of it has to do with rescuing the specific dog. If they wanted a debate on the topic of rescuing rare dogs vs common then they can start a thread about that.

The whole thing stinks of "I'm more PC about animal rescue then you" attention-whorage imho. The Mods tried to get it on topic but then got argued with. Perhaps a stronger hand might knock a few heads into shape but I dont see anything particularly wrong with their modding here. I think "Rescue" is going to have to be dealt with as a particular topic as it seems to cause problems in a forum that shouldnt really be causing as much friction as it does. Still, pets are an emotive topic I guess....

c[_] <--- insert storm.

DeV.

Advertisement