Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Most Famous Person You've Seen

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

I spot Richie Kavanagh about the place every so often but it's kind of inevitable if you live in Carlow.
    My cousin and I saw Ray Shah from Big Brother (or at least we think we did) driving past my estate on my 13th birthday. We were so exited, we rang Rick O' Shea's famous for fifteen seconds hotline and screamed down the phone. Got on the radio and everthing. :p
    I don't know if it counts, but I met Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer at a signing in Chapters a few months ago. I thought they'd be a little intimidating, but they were both lovely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

i had an interview with ian dowling for my school yearbook. what a nice guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

McAnally
    Ah crap, I was worried about whether I was spelling his first name right; never even thought to check his surname :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Trog wrote: »
    How do you sit to someone?

How sad.

Seeing as people are explaining.. I've also had a good chat with Goldie but i wouldn't consider him famous. Both because my father was in a film with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I was using the computer in my sitting room one day around five years ago when my brother came in and told me he wanted to use the computer.

I turned around to protest this injustice when who was with him but only the guy who played Blackie in Glenroe! That's the closest thing I have to a celebrity story, Blackie Connors throwing me off my computer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i was at a daft punk gig, i turned around and russell brand walked past me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I saw Colm Meaney in a pub in town yesterday.

I've met him too, years ago I spotted him in The Kitchen (the niteclub not the room in my house).

I swerved over to him and told him he was awesome in 'The General'. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

met Ronnie Osullivan twice real nice guy:p
    also saw Ken Doherty in a hotel reception at 2am ,me twisted!ran out and told him if they were full he could stay in my house!!ha ha he didnt but was real nice and got photos with him!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Tea Spoon

I met the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh yesterday. :D

Tea Spoon wrote: »
    I met the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh yesterday. :D

Ronan? Take your hands out of your pockets, you look like a fúckin' slob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I want to hear the OPs story about Sam Neill.

Did you bow and kiss his feet like you should?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Mrs JackDaniels

Thom Yorke in Brown Thomas
    Bob Geldof in the airport
    Daniel Day Lewis sitting at the next table to me in a restaurant
    Samantha Mumba in a Nite Club
    Miley form Glenroe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Elessar wrote: »
    I want to hear the OPs story about Sam Neill.

Did you bow and kiss his feet like you should?

the temptation was there...

i turned around to my gf at the time and said "**** me, there's sam neill!"

She just said,"its any excuse with you isnt it".

But seriously though any man that can beat a dinosaur with his bare hands deserves respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Did he do that dance he used to do on The Lyrics Board as he was coming out?

he's gay?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Thom Yorke in Brown Thomas
    Bob Geldof in the airport
    Daniel Day Lewis sitting at the next table to me in a restaurant
    Samantha Mumba in a Nite Club
    Miley form Glenroe :P

Lucky you! I'd love to meet both of those.
    DrumSteve wrote: »
    the temptation was there...

i turned around to my gf at the time and said "**** me, there's sam neill!"

She just said,"its any excuse with you isnt it".

But seriously though any man that can beat a dinosaur with his bare hands deserves respect.

I think my reaction to meeting Sam Neill would be similar to Sam Neills reaction to John Hammond when he tells him there are T.Rex's in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭hoser expat

My old neighbourhood in Montreal was a hotbed for filming movies....and seeing as I lived there they had to let me hang around on the set.

I've met Nick Nolte, Donald Sutherland, Ben Kingsley, Aiden Quinn, Ewan McGregor, Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd, among others.

Ewan McGregor was the nicest....I came out of the house one day and he was having a smoke on my front step....joined him for a smoke and we had a great chat.

Oh, and I went to school with Mike Myers. Nice guy, and very funny in person too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

His mothers family from Co. Tipp, meet him then. It was a few years back.
    His appearance on the Late Late show last night reminded me. A true gentleman!

Met Pierce Brosnan, nice guy.
    Patrick Bergin, another famous actor. Well not so famous, but he had his day in Hollywood in the 1990's.

Packie Bonnar, arrogant waster! :mad:
    And I know from threads in the soccer forum I'm not alone in thinking that.

sam34 wrote: »
    he's gay?:eek:

Well you know, Quazzie never said what McAnally slapped him with...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

IT WAS ROSS KEMP !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He slapped me with his dick... I mean hand!!

What are ye all looking at? I meant hand right!! Don't judge me!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Roddy Doyle came to ctyi one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

I met Matthew McConaughey about 10 years ago, he was the most arrogant pr*ck I ever met. I met Jimmy Carr aswell, he was lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

The gorgeous Brad Pitt filming in Rome

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Just from walking around Dublin I've seen
    Bertie Ahern (when he was taoiseach)
    Gay Byrne
    Ronnie Drew
    Packie Bonner
    Eddie Hobbs
    Ryan Tuberty
    Duncan the builder guy (don't know his surname)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Met Ronan Keating with his kids shopping in Superquinn around Christmas 2 years ago, he is taller than I thought he would be and was very friendly.

Niall Quinn was in the bar of the hotel where my sister got married, he was lovely

Mary Robinson visited our area growing up, she was very pleasant

Brian McFadden while out shopping

David Mitchell (Fair City) was at my brothers 21st about 15 years ago, thought he was gorgeous, don't judge I was only 11 :pac:

Alan Huges (not really a celeb more of a pleb) presenter of Ireland AM while on Honeymoon, they were doing a feature from our hotel resort, he thought he was very important indeed, what a fool!

I really rubbed shoulders with the A-listers :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Bassist and lead singer from AC/DC were eating dinner beside us after their gig a couple weeks back.

Was PA for Robert Fisk when he was doing some gig in UCD a couple years back. Fascinating guy and a truely admirable and lovely gent.

Ken Doherty played in the poolhall near my house from when he was a kid till it shut down. Very low-key, soft-spoken individual - salt of the earth decent character; I see him about a bit now and he'll always give you the nod.

Ronnie Drew in a pub in kerry about a year before he died.

@Electric Picnic last year :
    David Kitt, wasn't a fan.
    One of the guys from Alabama 3, like someones filthy old uncle :D
    Louis Walsh - everyone within earshot who recognised him was roaring abuse, myself included.

and....Jackie Healy Ray :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Sir Matt Busby at the Carrolls Golf in Woodbrook and got his autograph and have been a United supporter since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Emma Bunton
    John C Reilly
    Will Ferrell
    Niall Quinn
    Des Bishop - one of the lads ripped him to shreds with abuse so he left the bar :p

Daniel Radcliffe. He owes me a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭DanR

I used to run a phone shop in Hampstead, London and met the following;

Martin Kemp
    Patrick Viera
    Thierry Henry
    Danni Behr
    Liam Gallagher
    Sean Bean - he parked his Porsche outside on double yellows and when the traffic warden turned up he went out and told him that he'd deck him if he touched the car. Warden legged it. Brilliant
    Jonathan Ross - drove up to the shop in a baby blue 50's style convertible. He really dresses like he's on TV
    Also met the bloke who plays Victor Meldrew. Had a Father Ted moment in my head.:D

Oh yeah, and Cat Deely came in to get he rphone fixed one day. I said "What's your number?" and she duly told me what it was, so I can officially say I got Cat's number!:D

Advertisement