Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party Down

• 09-05-2009 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Anybody watching Party Down a comedy form Starz?

Very Funny. One of the best comedies to come out of the States in years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Im really really enjoying this!

hopefully will be renewed for a 2nd season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

defo a stars network show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

According to star Ryan Hansen, production on Party Down season two begins in September. Jane Lynch is definitely not returning.

And everybody involved is optimistic that Kristen Bell will be back as Uda Bengt.

Its a shame Lynch wont be back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No suprise Lynch won't be back..

Starring in a Starz comedy VS starring in a promising well-recieved Fox series... no-brainer really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Never heard of this show. Will have to give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

just watched the first four episodes of this and i absolutely LOVE IT

i haven't laughed at a tv show like that in ages.. the scene at the
    end of the investors episode with the gun
    was the funniest thing i've seen in a long, long time.. genius.

well worth checking out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

watched the pilot yesterday. Love to see Martin Starr back on tv. Love all the cast - 'cept the blonde surfery type guy, never seen him before. looking forward to the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

'cept the blonde surfery type guy, never seen him before

He was a main cast member in Veronica Mars. Party Down is another Rob Thomas show and you end up seeing a lot of the former Veronica Mars cast in it - Ken Marino (Ron), Ryan Hansen (the surfer dude) are regulars and Enrico Collantoni and Kristen Bell also guest star in Party Down episodes. Great show, really raunchy at times but very funny. I think it has gotten renewed for a second season too :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Must check this out now, thanks Guys hopefully this should keep be entertained for a few hours if not ill be back giving out about it:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

This show gets funnier with every episode.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Great shout O.P, tis very funny:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Kristen Bell and Jane Lynch are coming back according to Kristen on E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Party Down has been renewed for a 10-episode second season which will premiere April 23, 2010

Producers are creating a new character named Lydia to replace Lynch and Coolidge. The character will be played by Megan Mullally.
    Both Jane Lynch and Kristen Bell will return for one episode each in the second season.

Back on Starz its well worth checking out very funny

Yep, looking forward to watching it later... plenty of cast changes though and even more may be coming if it gets a third season.

can't wait to go home and see it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 last week.Hilarious as ever.Not sure about Megan Mullaly though. Might take a few episodes before her character really develops or something. Heard there's not going to be a third season which is a pity though could be just a rumour at this stage.

Contrary to a lot of people I actually really like Ryan Hansen's character!

Tiddlers wrote: »
    Watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 last week.Hilarious as ever.Not sure about Megan Mullaly though. Might take a few episodes before her character really develops or something. Heard there's not going to be a third season which is a pity though could be just a rumour at this stage.

How may I ask did you see the first two episodes? And how do you know there's gonna be no third season?

Thought the season 2 opener was great... Love this show...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Watched 2/3 eps. of season 1....wasn't my taste.

And how do you know there's gonna be no third season?

The main lead, Adam Scott, who plays Henry has been cast as a regular in Parks & Recreation next year so he will be moving on. I also read that Lizzy Caplan was cast in some main network comedy too so it seems she would be gone too. It's not official or anything, but a big chunk of the core cast would not be there for season three - if it got it.

• Advertisement

How may I ask did you see the first two episodes?
    The first two episodes were leaked a week or two back.

I watched the first 3 - 4 episodes of season 1.. and while I enjoyed it, I didn't enjoy it enough to finish the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

How may I ask did you see the first two episodes? And how do you know there's gonna be no third season?

Thought the season 2 opener was great... Love this show...

Seems like your question was answered by a lot of people already! I too heard that Adam Scott had signed on for other shows and also that Ryan Hansen was starting a new show too. IMDB.com should have more info.

enjoyable opener to season 2.. DENIS! ha ha ha

Jane Lynch is back for season 2 finale airing June 25. The former series regular is back as Constance — and she's getting married. Alex Rocco, plays her soon-to-be groom, Howard. She hires all of her best Party Down friends to make sure they attend.

This has been cancelled kids!
    EXCLUSIVE: Starz has decided not to renew comedy series Party Down and Gravity. I hear the pay cable network may make the announcement later today. Both shows were developed and launched by Starz's previous regime, but new president and CEO Chris Albrecht has stated gravityrepeatedly that he is big fan of Party Down. While the off-beat comedy has become an instant cult classic, I hear at the end of the day its appeal was deemed not wide enough to keep the show beyond its recently concluded Season 2. Consider this: The Season 2 finale of Party Down and Season one close of Gravity last week drew a 0.0 rating in adults 18-49 each and total audiences of 74,000 and 54,000, respectively. That is miniscule even for pay cable standards. And the writing has been on the wall: some of the actors on Party Down have already taken other jobs, like Adam Scott, who recently joined NBC's Parks & Recreation. Starz's slate has evolved following the breakout success of period drama Spartacus. The pay cable network has focused on dramas with big, recognizable title like the upcoming series Camelot, Torchwood and the Spartacus prqeuel as well as limited series The Pillars of the Earth. Additionally, Starz is developing an U.S. version of the hit Australian mob drama Underbelly.
    I actually watched the first season a week or so back.. and quite enjoyed it (not amazing but decent).

Don't think I'll bother with season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

basquille wrote: »
    I actually watched the first season a week or so back.. and quite enjoyed it (not amazing but decent).

Are you me?:confused: I watched the first few episodes a few months a go and found it enjoyable enough but wasn't too bothered. Then a few weeks ago I finished watching it and enjoyed it a lot more but still wasn't amazed.

basquille wrote: »
    This has been cancelled kids!

Shame that it's cancelled - second season was nowhere near as good as the first, but still decent enough - I wouldn't have like to see it go ahead without Adam Scott anyway I guess...
    Hopefully Lizzy Caplan and Martin Starr will pop up in something else decent soon - two of my favourite actors and the reason I watched this show in the first place...

Not surprised Party Down and Gravity were cancelled, it's ratings throughout the season were dire, around 100,000 viewers.....that's beyond dreadful, you can't renew shows with those numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

jane lynch was missed in the show that annoying voice one from will and grace didnt fill the void

• Advertisement

Advertisement