Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limescale in water in Flemington Lane, Balbriggan

Options
  • 09-05-2009 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭

Just wonder has anyone addressed this problem and if so what solution did you use, at what cost?.

Thanks: specific company names by PM only due to charter rules:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Hi Carlow,
    I think you will find that water hardness is something that is quite normal in the Balbriggan area and it's not just limited to Flemington Lane.
    We use own brand (german supermarket) softeners for our washing machine and increase the rinse aid setting in our dishwasher apart from that it's not something we have experienced difficulties with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

thanks: the problem I see is with the immersion and/ or HW coil in cylinder as well as the hot taps

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you do a bit of googling it comes up in the council minutes.
    Balbriggan has 2 sources of water supply.
    We have some of the hardest water in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Balbriggan water tough as nails!!!

If it's for the immersion etc, there are large filters you can get fitted to the inlet pipes for the house, relative of mine has one, no idea what difference it makes as I never tasted the water beforehand.

A quick search on google should throw up a few companies, sorry I've no idea of price to get one or maintain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Hi,

We got the Aqua soft water filter in Balbriggan. It cost just under €2000 18 months ago. They put an extra tap in your sink for pure drinking water & to fill the kettle. The normal water for the sink & tank is also so the limescale is taken out.

We used to go through a kettler a month. Since the filter we have the same kettle without a trace of limescale on the element.

They came out & changed our filters under the sink & they were black from the crap in the normal water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

am out in balbriggan over 5 years now and in the flemington lane area, i find the limescale really bad and use the aformentioned german water softners in my washing machine and every so often clean my kettle by boiling it with water and vinegar, have to soak the shower head in vinegar once a month to stop the limescale building up, the limescale also wrecks the grout around my shower tray and i have to constantly repair that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Thanks for all the answers:)
    We have confirmation of the issue and some suggested solutions: hope to get some more:)
    Thanks again.

Advertisement