Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA Courses - how much?

Options
  • 09-05-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Just wondering how much you would expect to pay for a CCNA course with exam? Can you do it online? What about class based? I'm new to this, and based on job searches it seems like a requirement for many telecoms jobs..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I think it is about 150 - 200 euro but you can get 50% by doing a voucher exam, where if you pass it you get the discount.

The course itself will cost a couple thousand.

I done it automatically through my Software/Networking course in CIT. They do evening classes too and I highly recommend the networking lecturers there.
    http://cisco.cit.ie/ccna.html

CCNA is a highly recognized qualification to have and it's not one you can just learn off and pass so you really need to know what you doing. Pass mark is about 70 - 80%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Anyone know of a similar course than the CIT one in available DUBLIN ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

elambra wrote: »
    Just wondering how much you would expect to pay for a CCNA course with exam? Can you do it online? What about class based? I'm new to this, and based on job searches it seems like a requirement for many telecoms jobs..

If I remember correctly Global Knowledge do a boot camp course for about €2500

I paid something like €230 for the exam but I was able to expense that back to work so didn't cost me anything other than the Luas trip into town and the pints after I passed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

elambra have a look here it's the IT certification forum. You'll get loads of answers here :) Not that the other posters haven't covered most of it already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭cormon

Fas offer a Cisco Focused Networking course as well , I see it in the library a few weeks ago. I knew a guy who did it a few years ago and he said it was class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

http://www.it-tallaght.ie/PartTimeCourses/Computing/Name,17547,en.html

cost about e3.5k two eves per week..exams included..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 dublinpd

85% to be precise... if it hadn't changed...

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I think it is about 150 - 200 euro but you can get 50% by doing a voucher exam, where if you pass it you get the discount.

The course itself will cost a couple thousand.

I done it automatically through my Software/Networking course in CIT. They do evening classes too and I highly recommend the networking lecturers there.
    http://cisco.cit.ie/ccna.html

CCNA is a highly recognized qualification to have and it's not one you can just learn off and pass so you really need to know what you doing. Pass mark is about 70 - 80%

I think it changes though yeah? - you reminded me I still must sit this exam :(

Just searching there, appears to be 849 so guessing 1000 points in total or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I think it changes though yeah? - you reminded me I still must sit this exam :(

Just searching there, appears to be 849 so guessing 1000 points in total or something.

Yeah it's 1000 points in total but the pass rate can change....varies between 80 and 85% from what I've heard. I sat it in Febuary and the pass rate was 85% if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

4Sheets wrote: »
    http://www.it-tallaght.ie/PartTimeCourses/Computing/Name,17547,en.html

cost about e3.5k two eves per week..exams included..

exams NOT INCLUDED!!

anyone thinking of doing This course in the IT Tallaght make sure they've sorted out their exam centre....spent 3.5k and at the end of the year had to do the exams externally at my own cost because they couldnt organize their test centre to host the CCNA exams even though my understanding was that ICDN1 and ICDN2 where included in the sign up fee....good lectures.. bad admin..So a CCNA course with no certification!!

• Advertisement

rmacm wrote:
    Yeah it's 1000 points in total but the pass rate can change....varies between 80 and 85% from what I've heard. I sat it in Febuary and the pass rate was 85% if I remember correctly.

Yeah I remember someone else mentioning this to me too. Something about pass quotas or something.
    4Sheets wrote: »
    exams NOT INCLUDED!!

anyone thinking of doing This course in the IT Tallaght make sure they've sorted out their exam centre....spent 3.5k and at the end of the year had to do the exams externally at my own cost because they couldnt organize their test centre to host the CCNA exams even though my understanding was that ICDN1 and ICDN2 where included in the sign up fee....good lectures.. bad admin..So a CCNA course with no certification!!
    Don't think there is any problem booking it in another test centre?
    After spending that amount of money I'd most definetely be willing to travel a bit to get certified :)
    Glad the training was included in my degree course! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭le_dazzler

I'd definitely recommend doing the evening course over a bootcamp ... you'll get an awful lot more out of it, and have a decent amount of hands on experience of routers and switches when you're done. I did the course in CIT which I'd highly recommend ... i don't know a whole lot about courses in Dublin unfortunately.

Advertisement