Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a Dentist

Options
  • 09-05-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looks like i need a trip to the dentist and have no idea if there is any good one in town.

Anybody able to recommend a good one in carlow town\tullow\Bunclody area?

Regards
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

my O/H HATES dentists but she has been going to Pembrook Dentist Clinic lately and she seems to like them. I don't think she's too fond of the hygenist but her dentist seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

on no account use the one on college st opp cathedral.

I have used a few - at the moment using one opp barracks. They are good. Polish girl upstairs is excellent.

Also used one on cul de sac opp where jones business systems used to be. They are very good too. This one is pembroke.

Do you want a no for one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Queen-Mise wrote: »

Also used one on cul de sac opp where jones business systems used to be. They are very good too.

That's Pembrook

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i use ronan feeney on the old dublin road beside leo's find him good and reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ShayK1 wrote: »
    That's Pembrook

Yep and they're excellent!

trust me when I say I HATE dentists and went through months of severe pain before agreeing to go to them.
    Only dentists I've ever been in that seemed to know what they were doing and they were very friendly.

It also helped that the dentists assistant was savage looking. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I've been going to the one in Montgomery House (opposite the Garda Barracks) had no problems as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I always use the one on Tullow street across from the old garda barracks.
    Now the pub call "the barracks".

He is quite good and I have never heard a bad complaint about him.

I go every 6months for a cleaning and check up.

I ring up for an appointment, walk in, get checked out and walk out again.

they sort out all the PRSI claims etc for you with no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

patrickc wrote: »
    i use ronan feeney on the old dublin road beside leo's find him good and reasonably priced.

yep i use him to ,,not bad and can do emergencies

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Absolute Dental is opposite the Cathedral. I would recommend it. Top quality equipment and has done some excellent treatment on me.

Suggested treatment plan with clear pricing supplied after each visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

The Pembroke Dental clinic is by far and away the best in Carlow town... I've went to Brenda Barrett a couple of times and found her very pleasent. Never feared the dentist quite as much after discovering that place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi All

I have booked an appt for Pembroke Dental clinic for this evening following the recommendations above.

Thx for the advice

Regards
    Tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭seacláid-te

Thank guys, some how half of one of my molars disappeared today :( I'll be heading there asap

Advertisement