Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD videos play stop/start

Options
  • 09-05-2009 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

Have this laptop which claims it can playback 1080p yet youtube HD videos play stop start when fully loaded! Anyone know why this might be?

Note: Mine only has 3gb RAM and the Nvidia 9300M GS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

What browser are you using?, make sure you have latest version of flash player and latest GPU driver

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

bandit197 wrote: »
    What browser are you using?, make sure you have latest version of flash player and latest GPU driver
    Firefox
    Updated NVIDIA driver and flash player but didnt help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Check Your cpu usage as You're playing it by leaving task manager open, maybe try with IE to see if cpu usage is lower.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Check Your cpu usage as You're playing it by leaving task manager open, maybe try with IE to see if cpu usage is lower.
    CPU is about 98/99% with both which isnt right
    Any idea why it would be so high?

Mmcd wrote: »
    CPU is about 98/99% with both which isnt right
    Any idea why it would be so high?

Try IE, I'm betting they'll play properly with IE. Also check Your cpu usage with IE

I'd suspect firefox is causing your problems, try this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try IE, I'm betting they'll play properly with IE. Also check Your cpu usage with IE

I'd suspect firefox is causing your problems, try this

That's not the same problem he is having. I had the problem the guy you linked to had. Youtube videos would stop two seconds in and wouldn't play anymore after that. The two issues could be related though.

I dont think my problem is browser based
    Downloaded the new Prison Break in 720p and cant watch it properly!

Maybe the 9300M is just not upto it, I wouldn't expect it to handle HD very well, but Youtube HD streaming shouldn't be a problem for it.

Maybe the 9300M is just not upto it, I wouldn't expect it to handle HD very well, but Youtube HD streaming shouldn't be a problem for it.
    It has a blu-ray drive so I should think it would be up to it!

Mmcd wrote: »
    It has a blu-ray drive so I should think it would be up to it!

My Lada has twin exhausts :P

Its a low-end card, how much ram has it got?

• Advertisement

My Lada has twin exhausts :P

Its a low-end card, how much ram has it got?
    256 dedicated. Ive played them before though so I know it can work.

Just played a blu-ray disc with no problems, but whenever I try a HD file its just a mass of messed up pixels!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

A friend of mine had a similar problem playing back 1080p on an acer aspire that could play 1080p. In the end the solution we got was to use Power DVD to play the files. Im assuming the are .mkv . Get a copy of power DVD and see if it helps. As for your HQ youtube issue that does seem odd. Is there any chance you have malware on the machine?

Check what processes are eating up your CPU usage and see if there is anything running there that shouldnt be.

briantwin wrote: »
    A friend of mine had a similar problem playing back 1080p on an acer aspire that could play 1080p. In the end the solution we got was to use Power DVD to play the files. Im assuming the are .mkv . Get a copy of power DVD and see if it helps. As for your HQ youtube issue that does seem odd. Is there any chance you have malware on the machine?

Check what processes are eating up your CPU usage and see if there is anything running there that shouldnt be.
    I actually managed to play the mkv files with DIVX player but still cant figure out why the youtube vids dont work. Checked for malware etc and found nothing!

Advertisement