Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Culchies? Dubs? and worst of all D4's?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I could see how some country people could begrudge Dublin people alright; they must feel a bit inferior at times, you know, when we subsidise their agriculture (lets face it farming is basically just an elaborate form of social welfare these days) and subsidise their one off housing through the double taxation that is the Social and Affordable housing scheme.

I joke. Sort of.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

mloc wrote: »
    I could see how some country people could begrudge Dublin people alright; they must feel a bit inferior at times, you know, when we subsidise their agriculture (lets face it farming is basically just an elaborate form of social welfare these days) and subsidise their one off housing through the double taxation that is the Social and Affordable housing scheme.

I joke. Sort of.

your an idiot who seriously needs to escape south dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 freshtodeath

your an idiot who seriously needs to escape south dublin.

Be careful when labelling people as idiots in future :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I look down on idiots, and I've met a lot from both the country and Dublin, and like-wise I've met a lot of people I admire from both the country and Dublin.

How exactly one defines idiot is really a matter of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Tell me about it. Campaigns been going to get those ****holes designated to Dublin 4E for years.

Anyway OP to address your point, i'm probably what you'd call a D4, wouldn't personally call myself one coz theres different levels to it but yeah abercrombie and a funny accent and holiday homes.

Anyway I think boggers are a bit of a laugh, and of COURSE they are all individuals and all that, but like d4s they have things in common, or at least things that are more likley to be true about them. For instance

1) Quinns and Coppers are the 2 easiest places to have casual sex with a stranger in ireland outside of the sex industry. This is a fact, the rate is even higher on a tuesday in quinns and the bog nights in coppers.

2) Bog people are generally more fun and 'craic' than d4s, generally less stuck up and more partial to the drink, but as a result of this a lot of them lack class. Fights are more common, don't even TRY to deny this, i've been to quinns...it's like a warzone. Also bogger girls are generally more abrasive, liek the "laddettes" from england. They are more likley to be slumped over at 3am with sick in their hair farting away etc

There are many other differences, which do make the world a richerr place, but it has to be said that sometimes you want a night where people arent still going crazy over journey songs, passing out from drink in droves and kicking the **** out of wach other and still thinking shirts with short sleeves are the new thing. Bogger nights are fun, but you have to be wasted and they are exausting, it's hard to keep up with them.

Sometimes you just wanna chat to a girl, ask her what school she went to without getting a funny look, talk about who you know in common, call the rock boys she knows a pack of ****, and talk about going to vancouver and santa barbara for the summer, then ask her to dance and score her..........u know, the simple life?

Stereotype much? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Gone on long enough much?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement