Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile data in France

• 09-05-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what an affordable way to use mobile data in France would be? Will be going there for a week and a half so I'd consider either getting an Irish SIM from another network or getting a French SIM for it. Will also being going to Belgium but only for a few days so I'm not that bothered about that, but I'd still appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

99c a day deal with vodafone live access point will work in France as well. you can use up to 50 MB of data per day for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Really? I thought the 99c charge doesn't include Roaming

Their live apn will give you 50MB a day for €0.99 from 00:00 till 23:59 every day with any network abroad once vodafone have an agreement with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Can you get your emails through the live apn, via an email client. I suppose you can always use webmail though.

Is it also true for PAYG vodafone? (the 99c per day)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The Gmail client seems to work fine on the Live APN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

There is also this new offer from Universal Mobile: haven't studied it in depth but by and large, France is awful for the mobile warrior. Bouygues was the best, but my God would it eat your top-up in a matter of hours. There is very, very little for the occasional visitor (unlike, Ireland, Italy, Spain or UK) and this seems like a glimmer of hope in an otherwise abyss of unyielding, unbending, terminally hopeless.........(cont'd P94)

http://www.giiks.com/7413-universal-mobile-passe-la-data-en-illimite/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

For the ultra-cheap option, Hagar mentioned recently that all McDonald's in France have free WiFi.

Patrickof wrote: »
    Can you get your emails through the live apn, via an email client. I suppose you can always use webmail though.

I'd like to know this.

Patrickof wrote: »

Yes, it is. I just stuck it in my unlocked e220 modem, entered all settings plus the proxy in Safari and it's working like a dream. Perfect, so for the next few days in France and finally a solution to that country's mobile nightmare situation.

Advertisement